Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

I am not sure if I really want to have the band put on. I am affraid that I will swallow something too big for the opening in my stomach. Can I ever chew gum again? I just don't want to live the rest of my life wondering if I chewed my food enough. I am at the point that I beleive I can loose on my own. I have lost 48 lbs. in about 7 months already and what I have been seeing is about the same as having a lapband.

I am just not sure what to do. So far I am going to have Dr. R do the gallbladder but hold off on the band. Hope I am doing the right thing. Thanks for the input.

Hello, I am from Paxton,IL - surgery scheduled for 8/7/09. I am so excited there are people on here from my area. Look forward to hearing from you. Can't wait until my surgery is done!!!!

Wow...I've missed a lot on this thread. Jennie, so sorry to hear about your slipped band but glad you came back to the site to tell us about it. Terri, girl, how are you? I miss our lunches but I guess we let them slip huh? I'm glad to report I'm still doing great. I've been at the same weight for about a year now and I'm happy overall. I would like to reach my original goal of 140 but I still need to lose 20 to get there. It will happen if I work hard enough but I haven't been as dedicated lately. To all the new people who have joined, Dr R is awesome and I wouldn't let anyone else touch me. I keep reading about slips and his record is awesome when it comes to slips so I would stick with him. Hope everyone has a wonderful summer. I'm enjoying going to the swimming pool again this year. After 15 years of being too embarassed, it has been a dream come true to not be so self conscious at the pool. Ahhhhhhh.:(

Hello, I am from Paxton,IL - surgery scheduled for 8/7/09. I am so excited there are people on here from my area. Look forward to hearing from you. Can't wait until my surgery is done!!!!

Hey thinthin,

I am from Lynnville, IL just out side of Jacksonville, and my surgery date is 8/7 as well, at provina in champaign, is ur there as well? Let me know maybe we can talk on yahoo or Facebook or something.

Erica

Good LUck Erica and Jennie. Dr. R did mine at Provena and it went smoothly!

I really wish I could find a lap band support group near to Decatur, Mt. Zion, or such. I just need ideas on how to stay focused.

Things are going well and I know for me, I wasn't losing more than 30lbs at a time, so I'm now down 43lbs and it's been such a blessing.

I need the physical reminder! I compare it to a large rubber band snapping me.

It took awhile, but once you get restriction, it just makes living easier (for me).

Hello all, Not really from central IL, but IL none the less. St. Louis area here. I just got my approval today :) and start my 2 week :( liquid diet tomorrow. My surgery date is scheduled for July 9th, and I am supper excited, and scared at the same time. I will try to keep everyone up to date as much as I can over the next few weeks.

Hi Erica, Yes I am having surgery at provena in Champaign. Don't know the time yet. I saw in the newspaper that the new surgery center is going to be opening soon. Don't know if they will schedule surgeries there anytime soon or just taking appt??? I am so excited. When is your preop appt. Mine is July 15, not sure what flavor of Protein suppl. I want yet!! Look forward to hearing from you. Thinthin

Hey Thinthin,

I think you are the surgery ahead of mine. Mine is at 9 am on the 7th of August:thumbup:.Going to get my EKG and blood work Monday.

I have to be at the hospital by 5am. I haven't got my blood work done yet, hopefully by Thursday. Good luck!!! I am so excited.

I work in Champaign and live in Villa Grove. Was banded by Dr. Rohrscheib in January 09. I also love his staff and am glad the new office in Champaign is open. Makes it closer for the fills. Also for those who are close, they are starting a new lapband support group at his new office in Champaign. The first meeting will be Wed., Sept 2 at 6:45 pm.

Hey everyone - it was good to find this thread. I didn't have time to read the entire 2 years of threads, but wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Springfield, IL and was banded July 10, 2009 at Provena in Champaign by Dr. Sidney Rohrscheib. I've lost 56 pounds including my pre-op diet. Everything is going well. I have an appointment 9/28 and I'm trying to decide if I need another fill. I've been stagnant on weight loss for a couple weeks and my restriction is all over the place. Once in awhile I have days where I regurgitate everything and some days I feel bottomless. I joined Gold's Gym and have been working out 4-5 days a week for the past 3 weeks.

I'm at 4 cc's now, but I am thinking possibly 1 more CC? I know everyone is different, but I know I have to be close to my "sweet spot" for restriction.

Anyone from Springfield?

I am from Jacksonville, so not too far from you. I also was done at provena by dr. R, Mine wad Aug. 7th i am doing good, i have 4 cc's in now and go back Oct. 5th for another fill, I go to clinton for my fills, you probley do too. I am at good restriction now. I have yet to throw up , I am glad i have not. I have lost about 27 lbs including pre op, If you every want to chat let me know i am on Facebook, and have yahoo,Msn and myspace chat. Kinda cool finding locals to talk to.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and just starting the procedure. I'm in the Champaign area and also planning on using Dr. Rohrscheib. I'm trying to get my first appointment scheduled. He was recommended to me by my gynecologist, Dr. Suzanne Trupin after failed infertility treatment. Does anyone know how much of the process can be done in the Champaign office and how many appointments are usually required pre-surgery? Any info about the process w/ Dr. Rohrscheib would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi and welcome!! I started seeing Dr. R in October 2007 and was scheduled and had my surgery January 25, 2008, about 4 months for me. I think you will have to have your preops in Clinton as far as I know because the office in Champaign is still new but the surgery and all follow-ups can be done in champaign. I went for my initial visit, then my psych and actual physical examination, and then preop, so I believe 3 total visits prior to the surgery. I would not change a thing, you will not regret it!!

I am also from Villa Grove!! My cousin just had her band at Provena in early September and she sees him at the Champaign office as well. I have not had a fill since Christmas time last year, I believe I am at my "sweet spot" so maybe someday I will get to see his new office!!

I used Dr. R last October. Their office is great. They do most of the hard stuff. They will show you exactly what you have to have done. They will also give you hints on how to make the process quicker if they know your insurance. Lovely people who really made it easy for me.

Good luck! Are you going to a Reproductive Endocrinologist too? Cause weight alone won't stop you from getting pg. I dealt with pcos and such and went through infertility. Think about going to an RE who specialize in this stuff.