Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

Lori, thanks for the info and I have considered going to a RE but I can't find any in the area. I live in a tiny town of 1300 that's 45 minutes from Champaign. The closest I could find is Indianapolis and I just don't have the time to drive 2 1/2 hours there and another 2 1/2 hours back, possibly multiple times a week. I couldn't possibly get that kind of time off work. According to my gynecologist, there's absolutely nothing wrong with me- I'm just too fat to get pregnant. It's so frustrating and this is my last resort. And the depression brought on by every doctor that I've been to telling me that it's all my fault for being so fat makes it all so much worse. I can barely get out of bed at this point and cry every time I see someone else pregnant. I don't know how much more I can take. I feel like I have so few options because I'm geographically restricted and don't have the time or resources to change that. *sigh*

Well, I went to a gyno who said that and then I went to another one. :thumbup:

There are RE's that work out of Carle Clinic in Champaign. Dr. Fay is the main gyno there but I think mine still comes in from Indy. It's been 7 yrs, but I'm pretty sure he still comes in.

I weighed 265 lbs when i got pg. I had to take clomid and to take glucophage. I have a mild case of PCOS. I got pg both times. He never once said anything about my weight.

Have you charted? Do you know if you ovulate? Have you tried ovulation kits? I used a fertility monitor both times I got pg and it worked along with my meds to tell me if I was ovulating.

There are things you can do while you chase this journey. It is not hopeless. Oh and I was 34 and 37 when I got pg with my kidlets.

Keep the faith!

I've been to 3 dif doctors and none of them would help me. I think they just my weight as an excuse because they don't know what the problem is. All my tests come back fine and they say I'm ovulating. I've been using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor for 2 years and monthly test kits before that. They never say I'm ovulating but the doctor insists I am. I've been on Metformin for awhile and taken several cylces of clomid and follistim injections. Nothing. My husband had his tests done and he's supposedly fine too but clearly something isn't. And I have checked into Carle's Reproductive center but my insurance won't cover them and they only do the IVF in Indianapolis. I appreciate the encouragement but I lost any semblance of hope a long time ago.

Ok, SArah, you haven't give up hope because you are still trying! I do think losing weight could knock some sense into your ovaries, it can work for sure.

My insurance made me prove that I was on a diet for 6 mths. So I had to go to my gp and weigh in each month..blah blah. I didn't have 6 mths in a row of Weight watchers and such.

good luck!

hello Im from Il around the Danville area. Dr shaiauni did my lap band ..He is wonderful.

Hello everyone!!

I live in Quincy, but at going to Dr Sid Rohrscheib in Clinton and will have my surgery in Champaign.

I also have PCOS and went to a RE in Springfield to conceive our two boys.

Hi Tracy Dr. R did my surgery on Aug.7th , I live near Jacksonville, I thought i had a long drive to clinton , good luck on ur surgery.

I live in Peoria... Is anyone getting together for lunches/dinners? I would love to talk to people in the area that have been banded. My Dr is in Chicago and I have no support other than browsing the forum. I have no problem driving to champaign once a month or so just to have face to face talks.

Anyone still out here?

Yep, I'm still here... All by myself...lol. Actually my friends wife recently had it done too. Are you close to the Peoria area?

I'm still here!

I'm from Mt. Zion, near Decatur.

I'm down 75lbs and kind of stuck here for awhile, but I don't think I've been working as hard as I need too. So really it's my fault. It's been slow, but I've never felt better in my life!

I know what you mean. I got the band at the end of July 09 and was steadily loosing weight. I have since hit a platu. I joined a gym but during the holiday season wasn't going all that often. My friend and his wife(she had surgery too) just joined. My wife and his go during the day and he and I go at nights. I still have about 40-60lbs before I get to my desired weight. Seems like a long way away. Looking back I have come along way already, I have lost about 120lbs. I do feel a lot better too. I really need to tone my excess skin though. Thats about the only depressing thing so far.

(I didn't notice that I hadn't updated my ticker in a LONG time)

I'm from closer to Champaign than Peoria.

I was excited to find this link and then no one has really posted for a while.

Maybe we can get it going again. :wink2:

I'm still here too. I haven't been on in such a long time but I decided to hop on and see who still visits. Sounds like everyone is doing really well. I'm healing from my Tummy Tuck and am thrilled with the results so far. Good luck to everyone out there.

I live in Urbana and have not had surgery yet, but my date is scheduled for 4/22/10. I am using a local dtr, but I don't see that any one else has ever used him. At Carle Clinic, Dr Oliphant. I know when I met him and the couple of visits that I have had he is extremely nice and so is his staff.

This site has helped me considerably and I hope to continue to use this site during my journey!