Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

Hi Kelly,

I forgot to tell what the doctor said the other day. He wants me to come for an ex-ray. He said what I have going on isn't normal. I'm not sure that I even had much Fluid to take out. It sure hasn't helped much. I'll be going in for the ex-ray before long....in a week or so. I hate drinking that stuff for the ex-rays....yuck!

Terry

I hope everything is okay with your band. I'd hate to see you start having complications after you've come so far. Keep me posted.

Finally lost a pound! Whew! Was starting to think I was done losing, but guess not! Terry, did you have your x-ray? R U OK?

OK, This has NOTHING to do with the band. But Matt Damon is in Decatur, and I got to see him today. I am not one to be excited about a star, but he looked at me in the eyes. And quite frankly, I think he wants me.

So if you live close to Decatur, and have not seen a movie being shot, it might be worth the drive!

Finally lost a pound! Whew! Was starting to think I was done losing, but guess not! Terry, did you have your x-ray? R U OK?

Hi Kelly,

Hey!!! good for you....losing a pound. It's funny how the body is. You go from not losing anything in a while , then it starts up again....like the rest is over so we start losing again.

I go in for my x-ray this coming Monday afternoon. I will tell you Tuesday what they think is going on.

I'm going to go pick up my Mom in Ohio this Saturday. She will be here for a week, staying with my Aunt.

Terry

P.S. Michelle....You sound kind of Star Struck Honey!

From Mattoon here. Have my first appointment on May 28. Very nervous but excited at the same time. Seeing Dr. Gilman in Decatur.

Welcome Teri and good luck!!! Don't be nervous, your doctor will go over everything thoroughly and if you have more questions feel free to post on here!!! This site is sooo very helpful..:(

Hi Kelly,

I went for my x-ray yesterday. The doctor said it was fine. He said the only thing that doesn't look right is I have a very huge pocket of air in it. I said soooo that is why when I sit down to eat a meal I start feeling sick and have to stand up. As soon as I stand up, you can here a large amount of air coming up out of my throat.He thinks that I must be one of those people that swallow a lot of air when I eat and drink. He said that the band looks really good. He said that he never took all the Fluid out last time I saw him....but he was going to this time. I have to go back in for tiny mini fills in one month. I hope this works. So....Monday I'm hitting the gym. The last thing I want to do is gain what weight I have struggled to lose. But Kelly remember when we met for lunch and I could hardly eat anything? I guess it was the gas bubble...and it's all the time. I could understand the big gas bubble if I drink a lot of soda; but I never drink any at all.

Well...anyway, I'm so glad to know that I don't have a slipped band.

How are you doing?

Talk to you later,

Terry

Well...anyway, I'm so glad to know that I don't have a slipped band.

Hey! Despite the annoying air bubble thing, what great news that your band is okay! I was beginning to worry about you. I'm doing great. I'm losing very slowly but I'm sure it is because I am so close to goal. I hope to continue on with 4 to 5 pounds a month, but I think my body is resisting a bit. I've only been working out 2 times a week but made a goal to get back up to 4-5 this week. I worked out last night and am really making the effort. So, we'll see how I'm doing at the end of the month. I've been researching plastic surgery lately because I know for sure by next year there will be some procedures I will want to have done. I would like to have my breasts lifted and reshaped, a Tummy Tuck and maybe a lower body lift. I'm only 30 and want to have a nicer figure for once in my life. I'm way more scared of those procedures then I was the Lap-Band, but I'll make sure I'm really ready before I take the plunge. Take care!

Kelly:w00t:

Hi Teri,Good luck on your surgery.You won't regret it at all.I had mine done last Nov. by Dr. Sidney.Best thing I ever done for myself.It is nice to have someone to talk to that lives close to home.I am from Windsor and work in Mattoon.So we are almost like neighbors:) Talk to you soon!Penny

Hi Kelly,

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I haven't forgotten you. How are you doing with your weight loss? I'm doing ok...I've gained maybe two or three pounds since my complete unfill. I plan on starting my small little many fills after I get back from vacation. (I have to wonder if I need them...I'm still throwing up some.)That will be the very end of July. I have been keeping myself very active though. I've been painting the inside of my house, and working in the back yard. We are putting flag stone cement walk ways going here and there , well...just all over the place. I've also been doing a lot of gardening. Every time I have to run to Lowe's for something....I buy more flowers.

Have a good day,

Terry

Hi Kelly,

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I haven't forgotten you. How are you doing with your weight loss? I'm doing ok...I've gained maybe two or three pounds since my complete unfill. I plan on starting my small little many fills after I get back from vacation. (I have to wonder if I need them...I'm still throwing up some.)That will be the very end of July. I have been keeping myself very active though. I've been painting the inside of my house, and working in the back yard. We are putting flag stone cement walk ways going here and there , well...just all over the place. I've also been doing a lot of gardening. Every time I have to run to Lowe's for something....I buy more flowers.

Have a good day,

Terry

Good to hear from you Terry. Sounds like you are keeping very busy this summer. Can't believe you are still so tight but I hope there is an end to all of that soon. I'm doing fine. I haven't lost anything lately but summer is a hard time for me because my kids stay up later and exercising vigorously is a task since they are always underfoot. Enjoy this beautiful weather and I will hopefully see you soon.

Kelly

So I was having issues with heartburn and acid reflux over the last month or so and I was really starting to get concerned. I called my doc and had to wait a week and a half for an appointment since he was on vacation, but I wanted an x-ray because I need to see if something was wrong with my band. When I got to my appointment, he didn't want to x-ray me because he said I had all the classic symptoms of being to full. He actually showed me a chart and sure enough, every symptom I had was on it under the category of "too full." I couldn't believe that I had never seen that chart before. If I had, I wouldn't have gotten so worked up and worried. Anyway, he took out the 1/2 cc I got back in March and I felt better by the end of the day and haven't had any symptoms since. He said I might gain a couple of pounds since he loosened it but it would level out and he'd see me again in a month to readjust if necessary. I thought I'd post this in case anyone else is having the same symptoms I was having. Your band may be too tight. Symptoms were: Heartburn on and off all day, night cough or occasionally choking on your spit at night, acid reflux, regurgitation of food, weight gain or no weight loss. It also modifies how you eat because you will automatically gravitate toward unhealthy choices because you start eating what doesn't hurt. So, please don't let your band get too tight and ignore the symptoms. Long term and they can be dangerous.

Welcome Lori,

Dr. R is wonderful, his staff is wonderful. You will have a great experience with him. I am from Villa Grove but come over to Mt. Zion every other week to pick my son up from his dad's. If you want to chat just shoot me a private email or post on forum here, I check it often!!!

Again, welcome!!

Hope