Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

Hi, I'm in Mount Zion, IL near Decatur. I'm hoping to get banded by Dr. R.

Glad to hear all about your stories and journeys!

Lori

Lori, I live in Decatur!! Are you having your surgery in Clinton or Champaign? Dr. R is awesome! I am very happy with my surgery results so far. I have several friends who have used him and we are all having sucess!! If you want to PM me, I can give you my number if you need anything.

Hi Kelly,

Hey....Let's do lunch sometime and get caught up on things with each other. I'm available anytime this week; e-mail or call me.

Terry

Hi Kelly,

Well.....I'm starting to finely feel better now. Dr Rohrscheib was able to remove the old band with no problems and put in a new one. I go in for my first fill the end of Sept.

Talk to you later,

Terry

I see you had your band replaced. I am very interested in knowing how many people originially had their band with Dr TUll and had to have it replaced. I had mine replaced in March and have not lost a SINGLE lb since (that is another story!!!!) Anyways, just interested!

My first band was done in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz. Jan. 2007. I had trouble with it right from the start. It seems it may have been put to low and ended up making a small pouch above the band over time. I have lost 50 lbs but it was not easy. The last year I have had to eat around the band by eating very soft foods; then towards the end nothing was going down....not even Water. This was all with no fill at all at the end. I haven't heard anything at all negative about any of the doctors in the Clinton office. I'm so glad I have Dr. Rohrscheib as my doctor.

Terry

Terry,

I'm so sorry you had to have your band replaced, but I am very glad you are feeling better and are back on track. Can't wait to get together with you over lunch when you are back to 100%. Keep me posted. C ya!

Kelly

I was banded about 18 months ago by Dr. R and everything was great. I did have my gallbladder removed six weeks after the band went in and everyone was so wonderful about it at the office. I was so sick with the gallbladder and it was vital to me to have people really looking out for me.

I hope everyone is doing well with their bands and have had no complications. I had a minor setback in late August but I am struggling to return to where I was. I had lost 75 pounds but have regained 7 due to having 2 unfills and now a refill last week. I was having heartburn and night cough and hadn't realized that it was because my band was too tight. I had an unfill and then another and struggled for 8 weeks to not gain any weight. After gaining almost 10 pounds I went for my refill last Thursday. I'm doing great so far and hope to have the 7 pounds back off soon. Crazycat...hope all is well and that you have a wonderful holiday. I wish everyone else the same as well. :thumbup:

Hello,

Great to see others from central IL. I am from a small town North of Bloomington/Normal. I plan on being banded in April with Dr. Woodard of DayOne Health in Winfield IL. I am encouraged to read your stories, and hear of your ups/downs. I'm trying to be realistic and realize that it won't be easy, but will be worth it.

God Bless you all,

Just Tired

Ok tomorrow is my first fill! eeek. I'm excited but nervous about needles. I'm sure the apprehension makes it worse.

You know I was kind of disappointed in the lack of time that Dr. R spends with his patients. I saw in the surgery room for one minute before I was under and then I was sent home without seeing him.

I'm totally fine, but that is the last time I saw him? Isn't that weird? hmmm I thought so.

I go for my first fill next Monday (Dec. 8). I am nervous but ready. I have been on mushies for a week and they are already getting old.

I am seeing Dr. Albert Gilman in Decatur. He has been excellent. I have no complaints about him at all. He spoke with my husband after surgery and then he came to see me the next day before releasing me to go home.

Hi, I am so happy to have found this thread! I just found this mesage board on Suday and had my banding surgery yesterday. I am amazed at how well I'm doing and how little pain I have. Dr. R did my surgery at Carle, he's also done surgery for a couple friends. He and his staff at IBC seem very nice and friendly.

I started reading the thread from the beginning but didn't realize how long ago it started so I decided to skip to the end and introduce myself. I hope to go back and catch up.

Does anyone still get together regularly? I think the first Monday of each month was mentinoed. I'd love to meet up with others. It's so helpful to get first hand information.

Anyway I'm looking forward to catching up with this group.