Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doesn't She Need A Wig Cap?

This has nothing to do with my band, but in this forum I am among friends and this is a place that I like to share things...not always related to the band and I hope no one minds. As I mentioned in a previous post, my sister died two years ago yesterday and I'm really dealing with some heavy emotions. One thing made me chuckle...and it shouldn't have, but it did because it was so sweet. When I went to the funeral home to do my sister's hair and makeup, my brother in law almost got upset when I told him I was placing the wig on her head without a wig cap. I didn't say a word, just put my head down and waited for him to realize that it wouldn't matter anymore. He was so protective of every part of her and I love him even more for that.

post-146151-0-89627100-1392764127_thumb.jpg

post-146151-0-12206900-1392764143_thumb.jpg

oh honey your sister was lucky to have so much love and protection. losing siblings or children and even parents is so difficult. You must know she is in a better place... Bless You and each day will bring peace to you I am sure. We have lost children and my sister in the last few years and it is always a hole in my heart but each day gets better.

Its always nice even when we are going through things that we have something to make us laugh....

I had the same thing happen when my mom died. my brother was just trying to be helpful to me in a big brother caring way, so when we were picking out her clothes he picked out the shoes. asking if they matched the dress. I also put my head down and waited for him to catch up. he finally did and even though it's only been since nov. I chuckle over the look on his face.

oh honey your sister was lucky to have so much love and protection. losing siblings or children and even parents is so difficult. You must know she is in a better place... Bless You and each day will bring peace to you I am sure. We have lost children and my sister in the last few years and it is always a hole in my heart but each day gets better.

Thank you Sharpie! Bless you, too! I vowed not to cry today...that's already shot! LOL

I'm sorry for your loss Terrydumont46. It takes an exceptionally strong person to handle final arrangements in such an intimate manner. It's one thing to plan and handle the business aspect of a funeral, it's a whole other ball game when you are responsible for their final appearance. It's an honor and I promised every woman in my family that I would do the same for them and who ever was after me, that someone be so kind to be there for me when it's my turn.

I had the same thing happen when my mom died. my brother was just trying to be helpful to me in a big brother caring way, so when we were picking out her clothes he picked out the shoes. asking if they matched the dress. I also put my head down and waited for him to catch up. he finally did and even though it's only been since nov. I chuckle over the look on his face.

PrettyThick1 .... Your post is a beautiful, beautiful expression of love. I felt it down to my toes. God bless you, sweet girl.

God Bless you too Ladybandito! Replies like yours really make my day and I can't put into words how much I appreciate you for taking the time out to post.

PrettyThick1 .... Your post is a beautiful, beautiful expression of love. I felt it down to my toes. God bless you, sweet girl.

Ok I can't read this post anymore I cried again...our relatives are all in a good place

Peace and best wishes your way.....

So sorry for your loss. In my father's last days this summer. He began to plan his funeral including picking out his suit and tie and having us dry clean it. He also had us re-sole his shoes because he wanted a full open casket with glass over his body. He wore a suit and looked his best every day of us his life. He was not going out less than perfect. At the funeral home people

We're coming in off the street to see this man.