Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guy's any regrets?

Guy's do any of you regret your decision to get the sleeve. I'm scheduled to get surgery on Friday and having second thoughts.

Edited by readytobehealthy

None.. However the first week after surgery I did have a moment of realization that my relationship with food will changeforever. I had a little melt down for one day. Just wanted to cry. I never looked back that day. Now ..no regrets at all. Food is def not my focus in life like it was preop,

I had a little melt down for one day. Just wanted to cry.

There's no cryin' in the Guy's Room......... <_<

I'm a very physically active person but carrying this extra weight around is taking it's toll on my body. I am turning 40 with two young kids. I know this surgery will be good for my health but I am having doubts about living with the sleeve. Any active guys out there with some thoughts or advice? Will I be able to take in enough calories to ski all day or backpack for a weekend?

I can honestly say that I've never had any regrets. In the days leading up to the surgery I kept thinking to myself how dumb it was to be having it, but that was just my mind worrying. Woke up from it and haven't looked back once.

Yeah cause there are a lot of great places to eat around me I mean places that I just love so I had / have a couple of days when I'm just sad but when I'm fully healed I'm going to try them just a lot smaller portions lol.

No regrets! Best decision of my life! I'm glad I decided to do it early in life and not wait.

Do you guys do physical activities for extended periods of time post sleeve? If so how are your energy levels? Are you able to get enough food in?

Do you guys do physical activities for extended periods of time post sleeve? If so how are your energy levels? Are you able to get enough food in?

I have become more active after losing the weight. I can tell you without a doubt I have been able to be active all day and never feel any ill effects because of it.

For example yesterday I had the day off so I went on an 8 plus mile trail ride on my mountain bike, went home and started doing yard work for about 2 hours, then unloaded a truck bed full of dirt. That was 2 and half hours of shoveling the using a wheel barrel to haul it from one side of the house to the next.

So yes you can still be active. My only regret is not doing this sooner...

No regrets here, and energy levels are better then ever! You'll need to experiment with your levels (calories, carbs, etc..) to find what works best for you when you ramp up the physical activity. I found out quickly that too little calories was actually causing me to stall when I re-introduced weight training along with cardio each day.

No regrets at all. I am 8 weeks out and have lost 87 pounds from my highest weight. I feel better every day. I too wish I had done this earlier. The winter has cramped my outdoor activity somewhat but now I am able to exercise regularly indoors when I would not have given that a second thought. I do not think I would be able to lose substantial weight without the assistance of my sleeve.

Thanks for the all the reply's they really help. I am doubting my decision less now and working on getting mentally prepared. The surgery it's self doesn't scare me it's life after surgery that has me nervous. I guess I just need to keep in my head that this is going to be a great life change and it's for the greater good. One of the main reasons I am doing this is to be able to do the physical sports I enjoy so much with my kids ten years from now. I feel better after hearing that the food restriction won't stop me from this.

Edited by readytobehealthy

Thanks for the all the reply's they really help. I am doubting my decision less now and working on getting mentally prepared. The surgery it's self doesn't scare me it's life after surgery that has me nervous. I guess I just need to keep in my head that this is going to be a great life change and it's for the greater good. One of the main reasons I am doing this is to be able to do the physical sports I enjoy so much with my kids ten years from now. I feel better after hearing that the food restriction won't stop me from this.

I'm only 5 weeks and prior to surgery I felt the same way, but like the others I feel better everyday. When I'm out to dinner with the family I stick to broth based Soups or broiled fish for now.

This just tells me that you know what you are getting into and are ready for it. You'd be surprised how many people don't know much going into the surgery.

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I am a little nervous but more excited about getting back into shape. I just need to keep my head down for these next five or six weeks and I am sure I will love the results.