Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've done step one in my transition to maintenance. I don't plug in my food into myfitnesspal anymore and so far so good.

I've been weighing daily in order to make sure I'm not creeping up without realizing it. Now that I feel confident that I'm still keeping within my daily calorie count, I'm done with daily weighing...so there is step two on the journey. I'll go down to weighing in once a week with an eventual goal of once a month. I think that's reasonable in a maintenance mode.

I'm not going to stop weighing my food though...at least not yet and maybe never. I can eyeball fine when I'm out to eat but not on a daily basis. I just don't trust myself yet to make sure I'm not overeating. I eat slowly and if I don't pay attention, I know I can overdo. Sometimes I feel that satiety right away, and sometimes not. So I'm very comfortable right now knowing just how much food is on my plate and knowing that when I finish a meal....I'm finished.

Thanks for sharing these step by step changes to the transferring to life on maintenance. My husband and I are not there yet, but I'm always interested in what I've never been able to do...., maintain weight loss.

Congratulations on getting to this place -- so happy for you. I'd love to hear more about the eating plan you were on, with the weighing of food, etc. I picked up a food scale recently but haven't put the batteries in yet. Do you shoot for 4oz Protein 4oz veg? Two or three times a day? I have no plan and feel like I'm floundering a bit. Also probably in need of a fill as I'm feeling restrictive and hungry, able to eat more all of the sudden, etc.

Congratulations on getting to this place -- so happy for you. I'd love to hear more about the eating plan you were on, with the weighing of food, etc. I picked up a food scale recently but haven't put the batteries in yet. Do you shoot for 4oz Protein 4oz veg? Two or three times a day? I have no plan and feel like I'm floundering a bit. Also probably in need of a fill as I'm feeling restrictive and hungry, able to eat more all of the sudden, etc.

When I started this journey, I wasn't sure what was enough food or what was too much. I hadn't learned satiety yet. So I went with what I knew. I did a basic weight watchers plan. 3 oz. Protein, 1/2 cup veggies, 1/4 cup carbs at lunch and dinner. Breakfast is often cream of wheat, oatmeal, or a toasted half a bagel thin with a little Peanut Butter or cream cheese. I have a piece of fruit, or even a 100 calorie snack/SF pudding or Jello as well.

I also made sure to plug everything I ate/drank into myfitnesspal and tried to stay between 1,000 and 1,200 calories daily. The only supplement I take besides my Vitamins is unjury Protein powder. I needed to add it because of hair loss and I included it as well as it's 100 calories a packet. I also stay away from fried food, fast food, etc. I'm eating alot more chicken and fish. I also try to stay away from foods that have alot of sodium. So...not much Soup or processed meats, bacon, etc.

If I want any of those things, I do eat them...but sparingly. And no, this does not come effortlessly. Every day I make the choice to eat well. I also make the choice to treat myself to something I want once in a while. As long as you don't go overboard, you really can eat anything.

For those who say this is not a diet...well, I actually disagree with that. It is a diet but it's a diet I hope to be able to live with the rest of my life. Once in a while, I eat a little too much when I'm out to dinner and I know when I've over eaten...because I feel a little uncomfortable and that's when I know my band is there and telling me to stop before I go too far. Otherwise, It's just me and the choices I make.

Hope that helped Bandista. :)

I've done step one in my transition to maintenance. I don't plug in my food into myfitnesspal anymore and so far so good.

I've been weighing daily in order to make sure I'm not creeping up without realizing it. Now that I feel confident that I'm still keeping within my daily calorie count, I'm done with daily weighing...so there is step two on the journey. I'll go down to weighing in once a week with an eventual goal of once a month. I think that's reasonable in a maintenance mode.

I'm not going to stop weighing my food though...at least not yet and maybe never. I can eyeball fine when I'm out to eat but not on a daily basis. I just don't trust myself yet to make sure I'm not overeating. I eat slowly and if I don't pay attention, I know I can overdo. Sometimes I feel that satiety right away, and sometimes not. So I'm very comfortable right now knowing just how much food is on my plate and knowing that when I finish a meal....I'm finished.

Congrats on getting to this phase... You look wonderful and have such a positive and focused attitude on what you need to do for you to continue to be successful. Love hearing about the process of how you are transitioning to maintenance because I know this time around I WILL be reaching that milestone too....somewhere down the road.

Right now I am a few pounds away from one-derland and Im waiting with anticipation...its been a good 25 years since I've seen a number under 200 and I am looking forward to it!

Looking forward to the nice warm Spring weather when we can plan another get together for NY bandsters.

Hope you are weathering the last round of snow okay!

Congrats on getting to this phase... You look wonderful and have such a positive and focused attitude on what you need to do for you to continue to be successful. Love hearing about the process of how you are transitioning to maintenance because I know this time around I WILL be reaching that milestone too....somewhere down the road.

Right now I am a few pounds away from one-derland and Im waiting with anticipation...its been a good 25 years since I've seen a number under 200 and I am looking forward to it!

Looking forward to the nice warm Spring weather when we can plan another get together for NY bandsters.

Hope you are weathering the last round of snow okay!

Hey kiddo! Exciting!! Onederland is so great. I was so happy when I got to that milestone. Yeah...I'm looking forward to our next get together as well...and to warmer weather. It's supposed to warm up mid week and I can't wait. Less snow here in the city than you guys got. I have tickets for Cinderella on Tuesday night but they are saying if it starts as snow, it will change over to rain early enough in the day so it won't be a problem for me. I went to the market this morning and I had to be careful...some of the store owners did not do such a good job of cleaning the sidewalks and there were spots where there was considerable icing. I'm sure alot of it melted since it's sunny today.