Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am Amazed !!! I have been getting so many phone calls from Dr. Jose Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo's patients. I would say so far about 10 phone calls and many emails and everyone raved about the service and how awesome the surgeon and the team was. ...I am now confident about my Decision and can put my mind at Ease.

I also did not know that Dr. Jose Rodriguez received his Bariatric training from UPMC HOSPITAL in Pittsburg Pennsylvania...

A nurse practitioner, one of his patient told me all about his training at UPMC because she worked there at the time.

It makes me feel so much better knowing that he had some sort of training in the USA....

Now I am doing the happy dance.

I will be going to GNC today to check out some of their Protein Drinks !!! :)

I am going to start trying different Protein products..syntrax is on my list.

I also started a New thread to Document everything on my VSG scheduled for July 24th 2014 with Dr. Jose Rodriguez Villareal and Dr. Elmo Aramburo. So feel free to check it out!

Here are some more revies I received back today from the email that I sent out...

Juarez was my spot. It was all good. the doc was great. the hospital clean and the people were very nice. The IV pumps are a bit dated but I found the entire thing to be easy.
Dr R is very good!
Bring gasex! The main pain will be gas related. The faster you are up and walking...the faster the pain goes away. When you feel pain...take a gassex and a walk and it helps fast.
Congrats on the start of your new life. I am so happy I did this. It gave me a great tool in my fight. Now I am not on meds for BP or etc. so glad I did it.
Phil

more reviews received today!

I know it is normal to be nervous...my husband was the one who found Belite Weight so I did a ton of research...of course our insurance didn't cover surgery here...so we signed up and Valentine's Day 2013 we left Georgia to El Paso where they have a cab company that picks you up and takes you over the boarder...it was about a 20 minute drive to the hospital and let me tell you that it was the nicest hospital I have ever seen...maybe like something you would see on television for a fancy plastic surgery hospital...we were greeted by the Hospital Administrator who was very very nice...he took us on a short tour after we filled out our paperwork...he then took us down stairs to have our blood drawn (weird thing there is the girl didn't wear rubber gloves)...new needles of course...then we went down stairs and had x-rays done...after that we went back to our room and left the hospital walked down the street to Denny's and ate our "last supper"...after that we went back to our room and went upstairs and watched some television...about 9 pm or so they came in and did an EKG on both of us...there is a language barrier between some of the staff and us...the Administrator gave us a piece of paper with the most commonly asked questions in English and then the Spanish translation that we pointed to the nursing staff and then they point to the answer....they do have some that speak English...the doctors and anesthesiologist spoke very clear english...the next morning the nurses came in about 5:30 am and put our iv's in...after that about 7 or so the anesthesiologist came in and she told us what she was going to do and what we could expect...then a few minutes later Dr. Rod and Dr. Elmo came and told us that all of our tests came back just fine told us our surgies would begin at 11:30 and answered any questions we had...they held my hand both the surgeons and anesthesiologist and put me at ease...at 11:00 a nurse came in and asked who would be first me or my hubby so I went...they took me down stairs and prepped me for surgery...they put a medicine in my iv (they called it tequila) and I immediately started getting drowsy...then the wheeled me into the operating room had me switch beds...the anesthesiologist gently rubbed my cheek and told me to have a good nap..when I woke up in the recovery room which is the same as the prepp room I couldn't even tell I had surgery...no discomfort no pain what so ever...I stayed there for about half an hour and was taken back up to our room...I saw my hubbys bed asked about him and they said he was in the room and doing fine...my surgery only lasted abou half an hour 45 minutes...about an hour later my hubs was brought back into the room...the nurses literally came in about once an hour...at night they came in about every 2-3 hours...they understood what we said and asked...the next day we did a lot of walking to get rid of some of the gas...I have suggested people use Dr. Rod and Dr. Elmo....we were there a total of 2 whole days and left at 10 on Sunday...we had the leak test done the night before we left...stuff taste nasty...it was the most amazing experience ever...I would suggest this place to anyone and everyone who will listen...and yes I would do it again...I do feel I picked the right team...I feel my care there was A+...I had my surgery in Juarez....I had no complications and the whole thing was super easy....

I hope this helps don't hesitate to ask I will help as much as possible...get ready for life changing operation
Michelle

Hi Rose,
I just came back from Tijuana, Mexico on April 10. Dr. Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo are amazing, ALL of the doctors are. My anesthesiologist was the sweetest doctor ever. She held my hand and told me everything would be alright. She was the last person or saw when I went to sleep and the first person I saw waking up. Truly a delightful lady. The nurses are very attentive and helpful. I had better care at Star Medica Hospital than any hospital in America. My recovery was awesome...within hours I was up and walking. The hospital is very clean. I had to sign off on the housekeepers sheet after she cleaned that it was to my satisfaction . It was every single time. The nurses are so efficient. My experience was great. The only downside is traffic going back into America. Totally with it. I'd do it again lol
I honestly don't think you can do better than doctors Rodriguez and Elmo

Best regards

One more just came in!!!

Hi,
 I had my sleeve done in Oct.in Juarez Mexico and so glad I did. I feel the Beliteweight team were great. I have no complaints about the whole experience.
You being in the medical field you and your husband will be impressed over the staff and the cleanliness of the hospital. Better then any I have been in in the states.
I flew from Ohio and went down and back by myself. I would do it again in a heart beat if I needed to. 

I do understand your fear though but it is all for nothing but you won't really know that until your back home.

Follow the instructions they give you and you won't have any trouble. This is important!

Kathy

Great information :) where is your thread?

My thread is under self pay Mexico.

Look for my svatar....The yellow flowers....and will see Dr. Elmo and Dr. Rodriguez name on the title :)

Thanks !

I received like 3 more responses overnight. I'll post them later today.

congrats! you won't be sorry as long as you follow their instructions and don't get to thinking you are tougher then others and don't need to. it is better to do it :)
I know that excitement. enjoy your time there, I did, but then I don't travel much so to me it was an adventure LOL.
My weight has slowed down and I am struggling with sticking with mostly Protein right now but I know I will have those times but then get back to concentrating again. I have 80 more I want to lose.

Keep me up dated if you have the time
sleeve sister

Kathy

The hospital, the staf, and Dr. Rod were AMAZING! I would not have the slightest hesitation to do it again tomorrow. They were all so nice! The hospital was the cleanest I have ever seen... Beds changed daily.. floors mopped at least once a day. I had NO pain. I had my sleeve done three years ago. I can't say anything bad about my trip. I had mine done in Juarez. The sent a very nice courteous man to pick us up at the airport. He had no trouble spotting me and introducing himself. He took us to the hospital, we checked in...and he returned us to the airport when it was time to go home. The whole thing was very satisfactory. I took a laptop with me as I knew there would be internet service. It came in very hand for communication. Some of the staff do not speak English so I would bring up a translation sight... type in what I wanted to say and they could do the same with their answer. It was very handy. Even though there was a safe in my room my laptop wouldn't fit in it. I was a little worried leaving it out while I was in surgery but everything was just as I left it when I came back to my room. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. 000 000 0000 best time to call anytime but before 10 am. I hope you chose to have Dr. Rod do your surgery.. he is an extremely nice man. If you have him tell him Maggie Booth says hi and thank you thank you thank you. He changed my life for the better. Oh by the way... I was in size 20... now I am wearing size 8 jeans and loving it.

Amanda.