Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have started on the pre-op diet.  I started Monday.  Monday wasn't too bad but yesterday kicked my but!  I had a horrible Migraine by the end of the day.  Today seems to be better so far but it's only 9am. :)  

Have you started your diet?  How is it going?

I started on Monday at midnight (I work midnight shift)! First day not bad second day I had a 24 hour shift so wasn't sure if it was the diet or exhaustion that made me feel awful!! Today I almost feel energetic. ..we will see how the rest of the week goes! I fly into El Paso Monday!!! Getting so excited!

I am hoping it goes well for the both of us.  I started a couple of days early because I was worried about slipping on the diet.  So far, so good.  We will see tonight though.  We are going out with some friends for dinner.  I plan on ordering a small chicken breast with steamed veggies but who knows what the temptations will do to me.

I had my true test today for the diet.  I teach second grade.  As part of a writing activity we had regular and double stuffed Oreos today.  I didn't eat any.  This was hard.  I love Oreos!

GREAT JOB!!!!! I am looking forward to the day when food doesn't even seem appealing! ! I don't know that I could turn down an oreo!!

I am scheduled with Dr. Rod and Dr. Elmo for July 24th. I am so nervous already. so let's keep this thread going and support each other.

I like the idea of doing the sleeve with beliteweight because you spend all 3 days in the hospital.

Definately a positive for me too.  I am on day 4 of the pre-op diet and doing great.  Just one more week.  I am so excited and nervous at the same time.  I'm ready for this new chapter in my life.

Yal are doing GREAT.. i remember back in FEB when i started the all liquid diet b4 going to mexico.. yal have NOTHING TO WORRIE ABOUT!!!! yal are in GREAT hands

Monkeyfish,  I'm thinking of you.  Good luck tomorrow.  Let us all know how you're doing.  

Okay EveryOne. Since I have been considering Beliteweight for my VSG. I was about to pay my deposite on Sunday April 14th and suddenly went into panick mode. So I called the cordinator (Jessica) and she suggested that I contacted some previous patients of Dr. Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo who have also had surgery throught beliteweight. She had sent me a link with a many phone numbers and email of previous patients.

Since I am having my surgery in Tijuana and not in Juarez I decided to email some people who have had their surgery in Tijuana as well.

I was AMAZED at how positive all the responses were. so folks this is gonna be a long post.

Here is what I wrote In my email... By the way I sent the email out to approximately 40 people.

So here it goes!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rose. I am currently in California, San Bernardino county area. I got your email from Jessica (Beliteweight coordinator). I am getting the VSG at Angeles Hospital in Tijuana Mexico next month with Dr. Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo but lately I find myself getting more nervous about going to Mexico. I have been to Cancun Mexico once on my honeymoon and enjoyed it then.
My husband has some reserve about me choosing Mexico for VSG thus making me more nervous.

I am a Nurse practitioner in California and my husband is a Registered Nurse so being in Healthcare already make this a little more difficult because we have some understanding of the healthcare business.

I am reaching out to every single one of you to help calm my fear.

Can you please tell me about your experience in Tijuana with the Beliteweight Team...
Hospital cleanliness....
Professionalism.....
Did you feel that you pick the right team....
If you had to do it again would you choose Dr. Elmo and Dr. Rodriguez...
Ho do you feel about your entire stay. .....
Please tell me all that you can remember about your experience with the surgeons, hospital staff, hospital stay, safety, procedures, if you had complications such as leak or infections, etc.....

If any of you have a Blog, Vlog, YouTube channels, Facebook page, Instagram ...and you would like to refer me to please do so.

It will be greatly appreciated!!!!

If you feel more comfortable with text you can also send me a text message
my cell is 000-000-0000 (Rose)

Again, Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely ,

Rose.

Shortly after sending out the email on Sunday. I started receiving phone calls and email responsed and so far about 4 phone calls and 5 responses to my email and all of the have been VERY POSITIVE!!!!!! I WILL COPY ALL THE RESPONSES HERE SO YOU ladies can also read the responses.

HERE ARE SOME RESPONSES!!!

On Monday, April 14, 2014 8:46 PM, Carmen M <carmen2k2003@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Rose,

First, congratz on a journey to a healthier you! Second, you have nothing to fear. I did my lap-band in Angeles hospital in TJ, Mexico in 2007. It was a new hospital at the time and it was like a 5 star hotel for me in my experience. The doctors and staff went the extra mile to make me feel comfortable and at home. They really took good care of me. I thought their patient care quality was superb!

In 2013, I did my revision from band to sleeve at the INT hospital in TJ Mexico. The doctors and staff was great there, too! Angeles hospital is newer and more appealing in terms of aesthetic and more comfortable for you and whoever accompanies you on your journey.

I hope my input helps put your worries at rest, you really have absolutely nothing to fear. :)

God bless,

Carmen

MORE GREAT REVIEWS!!!

Hi Rose,

I had my surgery June 21, 2013. I flew to San Diego and the shuttle picked us up(I went with my mother). We promptly crossed the border and went to the hospital and I met the facilitator. The hospital was extremely clean and the staff were great. I went out for "the last meal" at a great restaurant recommended by the staff. The next morning I was picked up and driven to the hospital. they did the check in and I was wheeled away. Then I finally met the doctor (dr. rod). He was nice and I was confident as he has done this surgery numerous times. I woke up in a daze and had chest pain(this was because I had quit taking my high blood pressure meds(on my own, stupid of me)they gave me nitro to stop the chest pain and I was able to sleep. I was "out of it for the day" On pain killers but mainly slept. They encourage you to walk around to help relieve gas pains. I was up a few times but really didn't have bad gas pains. The next day I was up walking around pretty good. I started with broths and ice chips. later that day i went for the X-ray barium test which they gave me a copy on dvd to show there were no leaks. The next morning I was back on the shuttle and headed back to Canada. The staff were great!
What i would recommend is to have someone with you(they will need a hotel). Just helps with getting ice chips broths Soups and keeping up on gossip around the hospital!!!!
Read over the forums lots. they are very informative. e.g.. obesity help
I am down 104lbs (I also now do ALOT of exercising)
I would do it again in a second!
Also write down everything you eat.EVERYTHING!!!!! You can see where you are going wrong.
The surgery is a helpful tool! you will have to change the way you eat and exercise. this just makes it way easier.
Hope this helps!

Carlyle

MORE RESPONSES LADIES!!!

Hi Rose,

My name is Michelle Smith, and I did have the VSG done with Dr. Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo, however my surgery took place in Juarez Mexico, so I’m not sure how much help I can be with you going to Tijuana, I can say this though… I would go back in a heart beat!

I was just like you VERY skeptical about going to Mexico for a surgical procedure and I’m a small town girl from Montana, so that was a Giant step for me to hurdle, but one of the things that sticks out in my mind was something my patient facilitator said to me when I voiced my concerns to her when trying to decide where I wanted to go for the surgery. She said, “ this is something we do everyday, we take people over there everyday, it’s not something we just do on a whim, you are picked up at the airport, taken across the border to the hospital and picked back up at the hospital and taken back across to the states, you never have to leave the facility if you choose not to. You are not going there as a tourist so you can’t get into uncertain situations.”… and that was kind of what made my decision. Never once did I feel unsafe, and as far as the hospital and staff other then a minor language barrier which we were able to muddle thru pretty good, and with a little help of Google translator, I have never been treated better. The cleanliness of the facility was unreal. My husband walked around in white socks all afternoon one day, and when he took them off that evening to go to bed, they were just as white as when he put them on. I was so completely shocked by my whole experience it just was unbelievable.

Like I said I know it’s two different places, but having met these men in person and put my life in their hands I can’t imagine either one of them working anywhere unsuitable to practice medicine.

I don’t know if I have helped, but you are more then welcome to call me (000) 000-000 or email me (b-----th@-----s.com) or Facebook (-------) and I’m a stay  at home mom so I’m home pretty much all the time, and if it’s any consolation my husband is thinking about having the surgery done as well, and we will be going back to Juarez to have it done.

Good luck in your journey, I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Michelle

I REMOVED PHONE NUMBERS FOR PRIVACY PURPOSES. .....

SO FAR I AM VERY ENCOURAGED AND I THINK I WILL BE CHOSING DR. ELMO AND DR. RODRIGUEZ. My husband and I really like the fact that we wont need to stay at a hotel. you come from San Diego , have the surgery, stay 3 days in the hospital and back to San Diego.

Plus I hear that Angelex Hospital is very modern and clean. Some other surgeons also send their patients their to have their leak test done at that facility a couple of days after their surgeries.