Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you! I like the fact you are in the hospital for three days and then go home no hotel or anything. Did you have a drain with your sleeve surgery

That is exactly what I was looking for. Only few surgeons offer that option. I like it because just in case it will allow me to focus more on myself because everything will be at my disposal at the hospital and it makes me feel safer in case something should happen.....knock on wood....

Thank u

You're very welcome :)

Okay everyone. I am proud to announce that today I paid my deposit and finally set my date to have VSG in Tijuana Mexico at Angeles Hospital with Dr. Jose Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo Aramburo with BeLiteWeight!!!!

My surgery is schedule for July 24th 2014! I am super and excited and cannot wait to see where this Journey will take me. Any experience with these surgeons will be greatly appreciated. If you are planning to have VSG with BeLiteWeight....let us buddy up and experience this journey together!!!

That's wonderful news! Congrats

Yes. Thank you.

Have you decided when you're having yours yet.

I'm still looking at choices. My current surgeon has to do a few tests and see if I qualify for a revision through insurance if not I'm looking at mexico as an option but I'm still doing research on it I know its silly but its kinda scary feeling going to the unknown to have an unknown person operate on me

I'm still looking at choices. My current surgeon has to do a few tests and see if I qualify for a revision through insurance if not I'm looking at mexico as an option but I'm still doing research on it I know its silly but its kinda scary feeling going to the unknown to have an unknown person operate on me

I absolutely agree with you. If you can get it through insurance even better. Saving money is always a plus!

As for Mexico, if you have to go that route you have to do your research and pick the right surgeon for yourself and your particular situation. Either way, we are in this together so I will be there to support you :)

I have another appointment with my Dr next week. I have no comorbities with my bmi so the insurance might not cover a revision and only cover my band removal. My BMi is 40 I gained back all the weight lost from my band its very depressing and I would like to have the hunger feeling hone. I'm so hungry and Protein foods like meat get stuck all the time I end up sliming but remaining hungry. I'm so sick of it I feel like it has taken over my life. :/ I'm ready for a better change and if mexico is the only way to do it at a cost effective way I'll have to take that.

I have another appointment with my Dr next week. I have no comorbities with my bmi so the insurance might not cover a revision and only cover my band removal. My BMi is 40 I gained back all the weight lost from my band its very depressing and I would like to have the hunger feeling hone. I'm so hungry and Protein foods like meat get stuck all the time I end up sliming but remaining hungry. I'm so sick of it I feel like it has taken over my life. :/ I'm ready for a better change and if mexico is the only way to do it at a cost effective way I'll have to take that.

I understand. Just wait on the insurance if It doesn't go through. Then you're already one step ahead doing your research on Mexico surgeon. You're on the right track.

Thank you I'm trying to keep myself sane and know I have options

Mgolden,

If you have more questions and want to ask Jessica, the coordinator with beliteweight. Here is here info: jessica@beliteweight.com

Her phone # is 888-485-9036

I already ask her if I could give others her info and she doesn't mind at all. Call her ask all the questions you want. She is very nice.

I have been getting some more reviews from Dr. Jose Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo's patients....

Rose,

All my life I have always been over weight.  Always the largest in my family, the largest of all my friends, and always had to order special sized clothes.  

My weight kept creeping up and up.  I was out of control with my eating and could not control my appetite at all.  I had tried everything from pills to shots, all the fad diets, but nothing helped.

The one thing that did change my life is when I discovered BeLiteWeight in 2012.  I did my homework and contacted previous patients about their surgeries, their experiences, the doctors, nurses etc. and everyone kept telling me the same thing over and over again "It was the best thing I ever did and changed my life".  I had my surgery on April 30, 2012 in Juarez Mexico.  I had gastric sleeve surgery and my doctors were Dr. Jose Rodriguez and Dr. Elmo Aramburo.  The hospital was like a 4 star resort.  It was so clean, the cleanest hospital I have ever been in .  They came in and cleaned at least 4 times a day.  The marble floors, entry ways, the bathroom was a dream.  The nurses were so nice.  Most of them spoke English, and if they didn't there was always someone around who did.  They were always checking on me and giving me my pain meds after surgery and I had no pain at all.  The doctors came in every day and were the the nicest people.  I can't say enough about my experience it was awesome and I highly recommend Belite and the entire team and the Dr Rodriguez and Dr Aramburo.  I meet the doctors the very first day upon arrival and numerous times the time I was there.  They visited me every day.  I had the leak test performed in the hospital in which I had a scan etc.  It took me about a couple of weeks to really get going again. Of course I took off time from my job to get better.

My surgery went well.  I had no problems or complications. From April 30, 2012 until present today I have lost over 230 pounds and I am still losing.  My highest weight I started out with before the surgery was well over 470 pounds, and I have lost 230 pounds and I am still losing.  

This surgery was a God send.  It literally saved my life, changed my life, changed my relationship with food, and it literally turned off the part of my brain that caused me to constantly over eat.  It took the uncontrollable need to eat at all hours of the day, it took the need to eat large vast amounts of food, and gave me a new lease on life.  I have totally changed how I eat, how much I eat, what I eat. I read labels now, look at ingredients, etc. and I am able to do things I have done in years.  

I am able to move, stand, bend, exercise, and finally live the life that for so long was denied me.  I am living for me now and food is no longer my enemy.

To be a little bit nervous before the surgery was very normal for me and I experienced it..... I followed the pre surgery diet that I was given my belite to the letter!!!!  It was a modified adkins diet and I lost about 20 some odd pounds before the surgery itself....  It was a high Protein, almost no carb diet.... lots of protein, veggies, no breads, no sweets, no sugars, etc.

I use Body Fortress protein mix and bars that you can find at Walmart....

Right after the surgery the first two weeks I had to have Liquid Protein and I got that from GNC ...I caught it on sale and bought it up and used it.... you also can find the liquid protein on Amazon and places sometimes cheaper.....I would definitely buy me some up before surgery because you will need it !!!!!!! Follow the pre surgery diet that they give you from Belite...you need to let your liver shrink before surgery......drink lots of water...

After the surgery I could not tolerate Water for at least 6 weeks or so.....What I did because I had to get my water in each day and build up it to was I found the flavored Crystal light sugar free, no carbs, drink mix and was able to drink that....otherwise I could not have stomached water much.....my favorites were Crantini, Appletini, and Margaritta 

Also I would suggest that you eat 5-6 small meals a day while on the pre surgery diet..... break it up...dont eat all your meals at one time..... you will learn that you will have to get use to breaking up your meals and forcing yourself to eat at least 5-6 times a day....small amounts.... after the surgery I was not hungry anymore.....I could not tell when I was hungry because they removed a majority of my stomach and I had to get use to putting myself on a schedule to eat small amounts a day, consistently through out the day....

Just remember after surgery it was over 6 weeks before I had real food again...... I followed the post surgery diet and I didnt eat any food physically for six weeks !!!!!

I am here to ask any questions or give advice for you..... 

The surgery literally changed my life in ways I never dreamed and its still changing it every day 

I look forward in hearing back from you once you have had your surgery... congrats and dont be nervous...If I did it anyone can !!! 
cleardot.gif

Steph..

Some more reviews !!!

My experience at Juarez was excellent. The doctors and staff are veryyyyyy professional.

The hospital is the Usa embassy official hospital, excellent.

Don't worry about nothing, best thing I did in my life.

Christianne..