Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Hi to you all,

Wifi access is not good at all in HDU. However my op was at 2.30 yesterday in the end. For the first few hours i was in some pain ( but not terrible) and that was making me feel sick. Then the sickness was making the oain worse, they dealt with it all really well though, and it feeling sick that i hate. However... At about 9pm i suddenly felt better. I could talk to people, smile and actually got out of bed for a pee at 10. Through the night i was great and got up again. Then at 5am i had a full wash and have been sitting out of bed since. No painkillers since 1am till 8am and now i am just on soluble paracetamol. Just mild discmfort, no wind pain from the laparoscopy, 3 plasters to cover the sites, no drain or catheterand oxygen stopped, drip still up. I am feeling fine! Just sleepy really. I am tolerating 60 mls of Water every hour absolutely fine and should be back in my room from HDU by 11ish (UK time) .

For those of you coming after me, like Ken who i think is next, i hope that is reassuring. I have got my list of who also had their ops yesterday back in the room.

Erin hope your new job is going well and that you are feeling ok food wise. Also Kim i hope your drain is out by now, i am glad that i didn't have one.

Zomgjj you sound like you are doing great, i am glad to be here and am feeling great and much better than i thought.

Thinking of you Ken on Friday, it's ok really it is.

Take care all of you

Claire

Yesterday I was allowed full fluids. I gained 1.5 pounds. Almost makes me want Clear Liquids again. Notice I said almost! But is it normal to gain now? I think the change in diet has something to do with it... But I don't like it. Lol

Hi All

My RNY is tomorrow....I would appreciate your good thoughts. Nerves are really getting to me today :(

Zomgjj it is so nice for you to have that nurse there for support and to learn from. So cool! Glad you are doing so great, do you go home today?

Claire, loved the update, you are doing fantastic! I love it! Will you go home as well today?

tkauhi are you logging what you eat/drink? That might help with understanding the fluctuation. Maybe you had a Soup with a lot of sodium? and you are just hanging on to some Water?

Erin, how's the job going? How's the eating/drinking for you?

Jenibop2, thinking good thoughts for you!

And for everyone else up at bat.

Hi to you all,

Jeni i hope your surgery goes as well as mine has done so far, in which case it will be fine. Today has gone really well. I got up and washed and sat in the chair from 4.45 until 11am. I think i overdid this because then i had a nap for just under an hour. I have been up really all day since then. No gas pain and i have been drinking well. The pain is only mild discomfort, i have had a shower and washed my hair. I had a yogurt for lunch which was fine. I was brought a yogurt in the evening but luckily i spotted that it was waay too much sugar in there so i asked for a diabetic jelly instead. It took me all evening to eat it, it seemed way too much. So a really positive day and far better than i could have ever have hoped for. I will be going home tomorrow and will probably have much less good days in this recovery period, let alone having food disasters, because they seem inevitable. I hate feeling sick though so i will do everything i can to avoid doing anything i can predict as being a problem.

Take care all of you who are having surgery this week and next.

Claire

I'm so glad you updated, Claire! You too, Zom. I can never remember exactly what your user name is so I'm calling you Zom. :)

I'm glad everyone is doing so well. I'm relieved. I was more worried for you all than I realized.

I am doing really well. I'm only consuming around 200-300 calories a day. I sip fluids continuously. I've struggled with not being able to eat dinner with my family. Not because I felt hungry but because I wanted the food.

I have lost 8 pounds as of today. I feel like it could be more but I'm a little constipated. TMI but the truth.

Kim! I am loving my new job. I am happy that I started a new job at this time because I am establishing healthy habits that will be always be in place. :) It's a lot easier than always joining in on office goodies and then all the sudden saying no.

Hi to all!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good and surgeries are going smoothly for pretty much everyone.

Today I am on Clear liquids and off my pain pump. Had to eat a crushed up pain pill in a smashed up sugar free popsicle and after eating like 1/4 of it I felt full. That is CRAZY!

I'm up and freely moving and I swear it feels so good to get up when I please and walk!

How's everyone doing on their clear liquids?

I can't wait to get out of there on Friday.

When did or does everyone get their drain taken out? That's the only thing causing me pain at the moment, everything is seems to be fine.

Hi to all!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good and surgeries are going smoothly for pretty much everyone.

Today I am on clear liquids and off my pain pump. Had to eat a crushed up pain pill in a smashed up sugar free popsicle and after eating like 1/4 of it I felt full. That is CRAZY!

I'm up and freely moving and I swear it feels so good to get up when I please and walk!

How's everyone doing on their clear liquids?

I can't wait to get out of there on Friday.

When did or does everyone get their drain taken out? That's the only thing causing me pain at the moment, everything is seems to be fine.

I got my drain taken out this morning before they discharged me. And my staples removed

Hi to you all,

Hope jeni and Ken that your surgeries go as well as mine has so far. I am glad Jen that Pam has her date now too, as you say she will be a professional by then via you.

Zom , Sally and Nikki i am glad that you are doing well too.i am sure that we will have difficult days in the coming weeks months and years but i have to say that my surgery has been so much better than expected. I had no staples, catherter or drain and i was glad to get rid of my appendages. Drip down last night so free at last, just mild discmfort around the holes but i even managed to sleep a little on my side on night 2 which i was not expecting. I had a quite acute lower abdominal spasm earlier in the night which felt like i needed to have diarrhoea, but nothing happened but am parping which a good sign. Dull abdo ache so i think i am starting to feel constipated. TMI i know but we need to share these things. When i get home later today i will start to take Benefiber which was advised by my variatric nurse. You just add it to any Fluid and it is colourless and apparently tasteless and it keeps you regular and sorts out Constipation. I got it on Amazon before i came in, something you might want to consider.

Erin i can see what you mean about new job and new start. They are only expecting you to eat what you do now, not what you did before. It sounds like you are really enjoying it too which is great. At the time it felt so brave to go back to work so soon but it clearly worked for you. I am sure that you ate missing eating with your family but hopefully the variety you can eat will increase soon and you will feel more able to. Kim you sound like you ate doing great too.

Nnegrete, i do hope you feel more positive soon, strange about the avocado fetish, i suppose we will all have them. I think that is why i was struggling before the op, it felt like a permanent bereavement of things i couldn't do again. I was so sad when we were in Key West for a few days at the beginning of the year because every day felt like that. I am hoping that was my way of preparing myself and that those feelings will not be as strong afterwards. Stay strong, you HAVE made the right decision and things will feel better, in time you might even manage those avocados, and you are losing weight! We are all there with you, just hang on in there.

Take care and be careful out there, we are flooding big time over here, worst floods for decades and you are in the middle of terrible snow storms.

Claire

Hey everyone,

Had my surgery Tuesday. Everything went well; I'm in a lot of pain due to the fact I'm allergic to codeine. Walked around a lot yesterday after they removed my foily and drain. Now I'm just trying to deal with the pain. I haven't had that much sleep. Staying positive!!! Check back in in a few days.

Hey everyone, Had my surgery Tuesday. Everything went well; I'm in a lot of pain due to the fact I'm allergic to codeine. Walked around a lot yesterday after they removed my foily and drain. Now I'm just trying to deal with the pain. I haven't had that much sleep. Staying positive!!! Check back in in a few days.

so glad you are doing well

Hi All...sry I didn't update yesterday but I'm sure you'll understand. I did not have my surgery today :( I received a call from the hospital yesterday that I was to be there at 6:30 and 30 minutes later my dr's office called. Evidently when I did my preop blood work my A1C was really high, too high for surgery. They were supposed to let me know so I could work on lowering it before surgery, but someone in the office dropped the ball. They were very apologetic, but it doesn't make this disappointment feel any better. So for the next month I'll be watching what I eat like crazy, taking my insulin and doing everything I have to to get my A1C down so I can finally start my new life. March 20 I'll be retested and hopefully it'll be good. I hope everyone who did have their surgeries this week are doing well!!!

Edited by Jenibop2

A new banster! I had my surgery this afternoon and am now out of recovery and in my room. So far there has been little pain so the meds are doing their job. As for weight loss, I dropped 10 pounds on the pre-op liquid diet and am ready for this next stage.

I'm glad you did so Well post op. I had a hard time the first 24-48 hrs with pain and vomiting. I felt like road kill. They said that is normal for some plowing just with I didn't feel so bad afterwards. I even used my pca pump for pain afterwards and they had me on IV meds for the nausea. Fentergine I think. I feel better now day 3post op but first two days were rough. Glad it's over that all I can say. Lol