Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am 30 days out from surgery, ive lost ten pounds and have 1cc in my 10 cc band. (my doctor has told me that I can only get 1 cc at a time...) I AM HUNGRY. ALL THE TIME. I use the Protein shakes, I eat greek yogurt, high Protein foods. any suggestions on how to get the hunger away? I have been exercising, which has helped but I have not gotten that "full" feeling. I know I am not in my green zone, and I know it will take some time. I am just frustrated with myself. I definately have restriction, I can't eat bread or Pasta without getting full really fast. I am still getting used to not drinking while eating, I have made that mistake a couple times, and I end up throwing up. I just need some words of advise I guess.

This worked for ME....

Drinking a whole heck of a lot of Water (I like it with lemon and stevia) and drinking a lot of coffee (sometimes w/ SF hot chocolate to make mocha). Somehow, it helped me ward off feeling hunger pains.

Until I got in the GREEN (which just happened and I'm 5 months banded), I just had to sometimes white knuckle DIET!!!!!

I was banded on 11/21/2013 I have lost a total of 21 lbs so far. At times I feel as of I'm not losing like I should be. I have 3cc's in my band now. I understand that everybody is different but is this normal for me to lose slowly?

what you are eating are slider foods. they slide right through and your stomach doesn't register them so your i am full signal to your brain hasn't been sent. eating solids will help with that. as you get your fills you will have a bit more restriction and it causes your pouch to send that signal. going slowly as your doctor is doing is a good way. it gives you time to learn that just because you can eat more than a cup doesnt mean you should. you have heard us say that before. but i believe you should be able to graduate from liquids by now. be sure to discuss this with your doctor. tell him you need something with substance.

So I am 30 days out from surgery, ive lost ten pounds and have 1cc in my 10 cc band. (my doctor has told me that I can only get 1 cc at a time...) I AM HUNGRY. ALL THE TIME. I use the Protein shakes, I eat greek yogurt, high Protein foods. any suggestions on how to get the hunger away? I have been exercising, which has helped but I have not gotten that "full" feeling. I know I am not in my green zone, and I know it will take some time. I am just frustrated with myself. I definately have restriction, I can't eat bread or Pasta without getting full really fast. I am still getting used to not drinking while eating, I have made that mistake a couple times, and I end up throwing up. I just need some words of advise I guess.

I was banded on 11/21/2013 I have lost a total of 21 lbs so far. At times I feel as of I'm not losing like I should be. I have 3cc's in my band now. I understand that everybody is different but is this normal for me to lose slowly?

21 pounds in eight weeks..... I'd take that kind of weight loss any day!!!!! That's 2.7 pounds per week..... Better than the average one to two they tell you might have.

I agree with Terry. Protein Shakes aren't doing you any good. My surgeon specifically said to stop them and eat solid foods. Yogurt is even a slider too. Eat slower, chew your bites. It will take you longer to eat and you will become satisfied. You don't want to have a feeling of being full. Just the feeling of not hungry. Do a Protein Bar in place of the shake but watch the calories too. Best wishes!

Sorry, my phone won't let me edit. I don't mean that Protein Shakes aren't doing you any good. I meant they aren't doing good at keeping you satisfied.

Hang in there. I have had 3 fills and finally feel the restriction longer than a couple of days. Keep watching what you eat and try to eat what I call real food, like cooked veggies, deli turkey, etc. That helped to fill me up. And keep drinking Water. When I start to feel my stomach wanting food, I start drinking more Water. That helped to fill me up. Good luck to you!!

It's been a while since I've posted these videos so it must be time again. Listen and see what Dr. O'Brien has to say and he's one of the foremost bariatric doctors in the world. But, follow your own doctors orders. If you're new to this WLS world, these videos will help you a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa3Lwt6ElIs&list=UL Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4jYJipQ7vc part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbdhf44ZweI&feature=relmfu Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF3TCKUn3YI Part 4

You need to start eating meat, eggs, veggies. Start with eggs and yes bacon for Breakfast, tuna or chicken salad for lunch, eat the yogurt for a snack, dinner eat some fish and veggies and then before bed some cottage cheese. Drinking shakes will not keep you full ever. That is why slim fast never worked for anyone. You need to eat solid foods to keep you full. If you eat a cup of tuna it will keep you full for a while.

I was banded 11/18/2013 so we are pretty close. I have lost about 28 pd BUT this last month I have lost a big 00, naughta. Everyday it is harder to stick to the food plan. I haven't strayed but have eaten to much at a time. I also have trouble not drinking Water with my meals.

Let me know how you do, Good Luck.

It's been a while since I've posted these videos so it must be time again. Listen and see what Dr. O'Brien has to say and he's one of the foremost bariatric doctors in the world. But, follow your own doctors orders. If you're new to this WLS world, these videos will help you a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa3Lwt6ElIs&list=UL Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4jYJipQ7vc part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbdhf44ZweI&feature=relmfu Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF3TCKUn3YI Part 4

I love these videos -- taught me so much about the esophageal signaling process. I try to think about that happening as I chew my food and swallow.

Hang on and don't despair. This is a tough time for many people. One of the great things about the LapBand is that it's adjustable but having to wait until healing takes place, etc. before getting fills can make for a frustrating few weeks or so. It will pass. You will get there! This is a great time for noticing. If you're hungry, then notice that -- the when, why and how of it. Check the clock. If you're hungry then eat something healthy. Try to assess any trigger foods or emotional eating impulses and don't forget to pat yourself on the back for how well you're doing. Do not worry about the scale right now. Best wishes!

Does a cup and a half give you the energy you need to make it through the day?

i have had to get my food journal back out. with a new medication the dr. put me for depression it seems as if i sleep and wake up thinking of food and eating. with no will power in play. i don't like new medication so am not going to use it anymore. notifiy the doctor and tell him i can't do it ... i rather be depressed than eating at this point. i thought going back to my beginnings where i measured and weighed and jotted down my food intake might help. i didn't do this lap band surgery to fail. damn it!!! i see my doctor on the 23rd and plan on having a fill and discuss what can i do intead of. i wish for spring and summer where the sun stays out longer. i need my hubby to get on board for the country club where i can swim no matter what kind of weather. i could go after dinner when i have my biggest cravings. okay enough. thanks for listening.