Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks forwardlooking for the reply....I have also been struggling with the Water intake. I think that is why I'm not losing as much. I get my 3rd fill tomorrow so I hope that I start losing more!!!????

Does a cup and a half give you the energy you need to make it through the day?

Cup and a half of what? Who were you directing this to?

If you mean cup and a half of food the answer is yes as long as the person is not very active. But then again it depends on what kind of food they're eating?

I was banded 11/18/2013 so we are pretty close. I have lost about 28 pd BUT this last month I have lost a big 00, naughta. Everyday it is harder to stick to the food plan. I haven't strayed but have eaten to much at a time. I also have trouble not drinking Water with my meals.

Let me know how you do, Good Luck.

If you drink with your meals and wash the food through the stoma with no restriction, you won't get the long term satiety you need. Then, by the time your next meal comes around you could easily overeat due to be too hungry. I only fall back to drinking with meals if I eat dry meats that tend to stick. And then, I try to wait 30 seconds or so after I've swallowed so that the peristalsis of the esophagus gets a few waves in before food can wash through.

Cup and a half of what? Who were you directing this to? If you mean cup and a half of food the answer is yes as long as the person is not very active. But then again it depends on what kind of food they're eating?

Sorry! I was referring to anyone in general. I was watching those videos for the first time and he said 1/2 c food 3 times a day or less. I was just wondering if this is enough food to make it through your day with. And he says not to eat Breakfast if you're not hungry, but I thought that was the most important meal? Different because of lap band? Just trying to get it all figured out!

Melanndoll,

I've never gone by the half cup guidelines. We need about 6 ozs of meat just to get our Protein so a half cup is too little. I eat at least a cup. It's hard to say how much we eat cuz salads stuff is so light.

The breakfast is the most important meal slogan was probably started by Kelloggs or General Mills? I do agree that we shouldn't eat unless we're hungry though. If you aren't hungry, maybe a Protein shake or half a shake? We haven't eaten for 12 hours+ so to avoid being real hungry by lunch it might be a good idea to get something in our stomach?

I see many folks on the forums who don't eat breakfast. It's not unusual and they don't eat because they're not hungry or, our bands tend to be tighter in the morning hours so eating can be difficult.

And, everything O'Brien suggests may not work for you or me.

tmf

Edited by 2muchfun

The pouch was made to hold two to four ounces of food and 4 ounces is a half cup. Some eat a cup but unless you are eating super slow for the food to move then 8 ounces would be too much if your band is tight. You may stretch your pouch. My surgeon told me after a year you should be able to eat a small frozen meal such as the Michelina's which is about 6 ounces of food. Not that I would eat that but that is the portion size he said we could eat. I often think and this is only my opinion that when people go over a cup of food or even have a cup of food especially when they have restriction that it will cause pouch stretching. Every doctor is different and as far as the Breakfast question my surgeon also told me if your not hungry then don't eat. This is just my opinion and from what I have taught. What your surgeon says may not be the same as mine.

i always eat breakfast, its lunch that gives me a hard time. but again i eat my breakfast around 11.00 am. i love breakfast. i have 3 eggs and a piece of toast, no butter on the toast. the yolk makes the toast wet enough. the bread i use is sara lee's 45 calorie a slice. even with 3 eggs and slice of toast it is less than a cup and and less than 260 calories.

I've been banded for 2 years and eight months, but what I heard in the videos posted by 2muchfun was partly new to me and very helpful.

Thanks!!!

Hi there :) I remember being exactly where you are!!! I was a little frustrated because I never felt satisfied. You are doing great, though, and just try to be patient with the process. It took a long time to gain the weight and it takes a long time to lose it. The lady I see at my clinic is so encouraging and even praises me when I gained a pound or two occasionally. It really takes a lot of patience with yourself and your journey. Sometimes your band is too loose and you can see why you need the band because it is hard to stop eating. Mostly I lose weight but sometimes my band needs adjusted but I live 60 miles from the clinic and can't get there right away so I just try my best until I can get my band tightened. It took her two years to lose her 60 pounds and she looks great but she said that some lose slower than others (like her) and to just be patient. It takes a lot of trial and error to see what works for you. It took me a year to lose 40 pounds and I'm ok with that. I keep going down and that is great. Hang in there it will get easier and this website has so much awesome feedback.

Hi Kassy

I am going to be 3 months post op this coming february (6) and I do not eat breasfast at all , I drink a cup of coffee and then around 12.30 to 1.00 pm I drink a Protein shake with fruit before I head to work , after that I eat a yogurt or a snack and then dinner usually a salad or tuna fish, grill chicken or a chilli from wendys , sometimes i drink another Protein Shake when I got home at night and my weight lost is 2 or 3 pounds for week, I got 4 cc in my band at time of surgery and after that no fills yet , I do not get hungry and I do not think my doctor will do any fill soon due to I have the restriction and I am loosing weight , I start at size 22 and now using size 16 good luck and remember we control our body, when you get hungry drink Water it helps!!!

I always carry a Protein Bar with me. solid food is needed to fill you up. If you like a homemade Soup make sure it's full of Protein (beans and/or meat) and lots of veggies. You'll be getting protein and lots of Vitamins from your veggies and a feeling of fullness. Good luck to you!