Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

co workers that bring all kinds of junk for for sharing suck!

I walked into work this morning and there is donuts, king cake, cupcakes and cookies...wtf!!! Luckily I have two friends at work who are also working on there weight and we are just staying out of the kitchen...heres the thing everytime someone is trying to lose weight I have one co worker who does this crap first I just though they were being nice but now I think its something different...she is also a large girl but has no will power at all... Just got to remember this is my journey and mine alone just need to drive right over speed bumps in my path...

She so wants your continued company............not good!!! you are you and she is she......Your doing the right thing for you to just stay away.......As you progress she may try other things as well...Keep on guard, always!!!!!!!!

it really sucks and kinda hurts my feelings...oh well have bee ndoing 25 wall push ups and 10 squats everytime I go to the bathroom so it makes me feel like I am doing a little extra...

Way to go on the exercise! That's the ticket. And staying out of that break room. People are so weird about sugary treats. It's complex but let's keep it simple -- I DON'T EAT CRAP!

i think i work with those folks too.. there is a consent stream of JUNK food we even have a schedule for who is to bring in food for staff.. well they ain't getting doughnuts and chips from me.. not sure what i'll bring them yet.. any suggestions. but as far as what they bring i just make sure to drink a shake before staff and stay away from the junk.. keep up the good work.

I think of it like we are herd animals.

When you are with the pack all is well.

If you get too much farther ahead (financially, health, happiness) everyone tries to pull you back to the pack.

If you get beaten down. injured, diseased, people would like you back in the pack - they feel bad and want you with the herd.

If you require social acceptance doing amazing and awesome things (financial, health, other) becomes difficult as a result of the herd wanting its herd self reassured they are ok in their mediocrity.

Or it's just me, could be that too. :rolleyes:

i work at a place that does this also

it sure is pretty to look at :)

but i prefer me weighing/being the size i am now much

more than any of those yummies anyone can make/bring in....

food has no control over me unless i allow it....

just like everyone else....band is right those sugary items

only offer a moments pleasant orgasm taste.....but losing inches

is for real......

great job on passing it by.....by you doing that you are showing that

larger gal (not will power as i dont believe in that) but want power....

well done

I walked into work this morning and there is donuts, king cake, cupcakes and Cookies...wtf!!! Luckily I have two friends at work who are also working on there weight and we are just staying out of the kitchen...heres the thing everytime someone is trying to lose weight I have one co worker who does this crap first I just though they were being nice but now I think its something different...she is also a large girl but has no will power at all... Just got to remember this is my journey and mine alone just need to drive right over speed bumps in my path...

Are you from New Orleans???? KING CAKE????

the owners are from New Orleans and she is sucking up to them...Now I am just mad cause i broke down in tears not so much from whats in the kitchen but i am doing so good and i will not eat it...its just gets rough so I will have my Soup and this too shall pass.

I run on will power sometimes during the work day because you never know what will show up. Donuts, cake and Cookies. Thankfully I was not here the week before Christmas cause I bet there was a ton of bad for me food. A long time co-worker had his last day this past Friday and they got him a cake. I drank coffee. LOL

You cannot control their actions, you can only control your own...

We have people bringing treats to work here all the time. It's tempting but I try to stay out of the kitchen. Out of sight, out of mind! :)

It gets tougher when they come around to your office with the cookie tin asking you to try the Cookies they made & to let them know how what you thought about them...

I am tested frequently. But after you say 'no' enough times, people get use to it.

I used to work in a office that celebrated everything with food.. I am happy that I work at home and I can kinda control that.. however, my husband is a huge junk eater.. he's rail thin too.. disgusting... anyway some people do that on purpose cause they want to see you fail.. it's a sabotage. I would stay out of the kitchen or bring some Protein bars and eat one so you won't be tempted.. I know during the Holidays I had to finally throw out Cookies, candy and cheesecake out of my house.. it's so hard to ignore it.. dont' get down on yourself you are human. Just remember the way you wan to look and feel is worth all the sacrifice.

Maybe you and your friend could bake some treats you like that are healthy and nutritious to leave in the kitchen? People always love to find tasty treats that turn out to be good for them. There are some great low carb/paleo bakes out there for brownies or perhaps even a low-cal cookie etc? Perhaps you can even bring the saboteur into your fold with the positive weight loss motivation you have? She might not know where to start?

I just turn the other cheek and now heading to zumba