Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

I only lost 4 pounds on my liquid diet for 10 days! I was so upset. That's why I needed this surgery! Once our bodies change, we can start over. Remember......you are still healing from surgery. Your not even eating yet. Once you get to use your pouch properly and exercise it will work! Have you gained? Remember struggling and starving on weight watchers or the like, then gaining!! Well, never again! Give our new pouches time:-)

LL sorry to hear you are depressed :(. 5 lbs a week is great! Avoid the scale, pick a day and that is the only day you should weigh yourself. Can u up your calorie intake by mixing your shakes with milk? I currently get 400-500 calories a day. Shakes with milk, 1 yogurt, cream of wheat made with milk, and a cream Soup. What are you eating right now?

Stay strong, drink lots of Water and stay focused on the long term. We are all here for you!

I'm depressed, cried yesterday, not losing weight. Not sure but I think it's because my calories are too low. Went from post op 190 to only 176 in 3 wks.. seems like it should be more.. doesn't seem like this has been worth it so far..

LL, I feel the same way. You would think that not having the capapbility to eat more than a few ounces at a sitting would make you drop the pounds like hot rocks. But I have learned that even with our stomachs much smaller we will still have plateaus and stalls. I still have to fight Water weight on top of dealing with the plateau. But then I realize that this is not going ot happen overnight. It will take time. scales are a product of sadomasocists. I am leaving the weigh ins to the medical professionals who have the fine tuned, well maintained scales for the next few months. Maybe you should do the same. We will get through this and we will rejoice when we have to buy new clothes for the Spring/Summer seasons because our old clothes are just TOO BIG!!! <hugs>

I know how you feel. I also have been getting discouraged and depressed because I am not losing any weight either. I had surgery on the 13th, with the liquids before surgery and after I lost about 17 pounds and not even a quarter more since. In fact I have gained a pound. How is that even possible when I barely eat a half cup of anything and only drink about 2 cups of Decaf coffee in a day and two Protein Shakes a day and about 20 oz of Water?

This morning my three week stall was broken. At one point, I'd actually gained a pound. How's that even possible?! Lol. This morning I'm down 5 pounds!! Don't get discouraged.

Awesome!!! How often do you weigh yourself?

Well, against all good advice, I was weighing every day. I was losing a pound a day for a while, so it was pretty awesome. When I hit 297 (started at 344) I hit my first stall. It was at 3 weeks. I was ok at first but then on the 4th day of stall I gained 2 pounds to 299!! I had a BM and went to 298.5. I knew then I needed to stop weighing every day. So I went to every three days -- only in the morning only after a BM. (Sorry tmi) -- this morning-- voila. Down 5!

I thought I'd move us over to this side where we can share stories, weight loss, concerns and just be generally supportive! So, I'm 4 days post-op and feeling really good. I was really sick post-op days 1&2 due to intestinal swelling and barium sitting in my pouch (relatively uncommon complication) but once I finally got rid the barium, things changed dramatically. Very little pain. I can lay flat on my side with a flat pillow supporting my stomach. Went for a 20 minute slow walk with my 6-year old today. No problem with Protein Shakes or broth. No nausea at all. I know many of our pre-oppers are nervous about life post-op so I wanted to encourage you! How's everyone else feeling?

I'm two weeks post op feeling good no side effects I started walking two miles yesterday But I don't know If it is the miserable winter but I feel like this is the longest two weeks of my life. Can wait till spring and no more liquid diet or Protein Shake

You are not alone. The weight is slow to go here too 16 lbs since DS 12/26) However it is going....

NEWDEANNA...I cannot wait for spring to get here too. I am so over this winter with all these arctic temperatures. I hate the cold weather. And warmer temps will make it easier to get out and do some good walking. I did go out yesterday and walk the mall. That was ok :)

I have not walked since I was discharged last Friday. I hate the deep freeze -40ish with windchill :(. And very slippery roads and sidewalks! I am very afraid of slipping and ripping my staples out. I have been sitting feeling guilty for not walking then 2 days ago my husband asks what I want for my Birthday and today there is a treadmill in my van waiting for my husband and another strong man to bring it in!! So excited to set it up and move!! I love that I can just go out and buy my own gift lol!

It has been cold here as well. We have speed bumps made of ice from the sun thawing and the winds refreezing it. Of course, I live on top of a hill as well so that makes walking even worse. I will be getting a treadmill in a few weeks so in the mean time I just do whatever exercise when I can such as dancing while doing dishes or doing a few laps around my local Walmart when I am there getting some shopping done. This weekend is suppose to be in the upper 30s so I might go for a quick walk around the block once some of the ice melts.

That's great....just take your time and don't overdo it once it is set up for you :)

lhargis...Same here in my end of Pa.....I went walking around the mall the other day, and during my trips to Walmart I do the same thing.

I had my surgery in PA also. Small world! I am 10 days post op and finally feeling myself! I'm so excited! My only problem is my hunger. The Protein Shakes just don't cut it anymore. I'm trying cream Soups, but they are a little rich. I'm trying cream of potato tomorrow. Today I had Tomato it was yucky. The yogurt is okay sometimes, but I want something that is not sweet. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's not head hunger, I get lightheaded and dizzy. After my 2 oz I'm good as new! Doing real well with the Water, working on the Protein.