Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

I have 8 incisions. But my gallbladder came out too

I had my gallbladder out almost 3 years ago. So they didn't have to worry about that one. But since it was a separate operation, I have the laproscopic incisions from that one as well for a grand total of 10 trocar scars once all is healed. I already have an elaborate tattoo planned to cover my abdominal surgery scars for future bikini seasons (6-8 years from now).

How is everyone feeling today? How are you doing with your liquids?

Feeling a little nauseous today. Not too bad but not great.

Hello again! Since going back to work Monday, I have been too busy the too tired to post! Since the start of my liquid diet on the 1st, I've lost 18.2 lbs. 11 since surgery on the 8th. I feel like this is very slow. I have moved on to puréed foods like mashed potatoes, yogurt, sherbet, and most things I can get into the Cuisinart. I have had no food intolerances but have over-eaten (by 2 bites) twice. I ate too fast and by the time I realized, it was too late. It is soooooo uncomfortable. I'm much more careful now. I eat about 3-4 tablespoons before I'm full. Struggling to get in the Protein and fluids even though I sip Water all day. My belly is still pretty sore. I feel like I got hit with a baseball bat, particularly under my largest incision. Going back to the surgeon next week for a follow up. How's everyone's weight loss going?

Feeling a little better today. Had to go get blood work. I think the pain meds were making me worse. I felt dizzy and nauseous on them so I stopped. I'm hoping I can have Tylenol. I've had a bad headache today, I wonder if it was those meds. I am still hungry, I thought that would go away? I'm still hoping.

I have 6 incisions...and I of those is from removing the lapband and port...I am so happy to have that out. I also had hiatal hernia repaired and didn't know I had one.

Today started pureed foods...had my normal cream of wheat for Breakfast but for lunch I pureed some chicken salad in the blender, it was good to have a different food taste added since liquid diet...lol. So far feeling great :)

Feeling a little better today. Had to go get blood work. I think the pain meds were making me worse. I felt dizzy and nauseous on them so I stopped. I'm hoping I can have Tylenol. I've had a bad headache today, I wonder if it was those meds. I am still hungry, I thought that would go away? I'm still hoping.

I had to stop pain meds because of the same reason. Tylenol worked better anyway. The headache will last about 3 days, doc said it's from coming down off surgery and pain meds

I'm 14 days post op. Had 6 incisions. The 2 bigger ones haven't sealed closed and I'm worried, everyone else's healed closed?

Mine were glued and seem to be healing well.

Europer, Kudos to you for being back at work already. I could technically go back if I wanted to but I'm staying out until the week after next. I just needed a break and wanted to take all this slowly. How are you handling lunch at work - what do you take? That's what I'm trying to be prepared for.

Loving life - I still have all six steri strips on - I think they're glued underneath - they aren't open. Doc said to leave the strips on until they fall off.

Edited by AuroraBorealis

I'm 14 days post op. Had 6 incisions. The 2 bigger ones haven't sealed closed and I'm worried, everyone else's healed closed?

I'm 11 days out and my 2 incisions that had drains have not totally sealed. I don't know why they didn't put another stitch in after taking out the drain. One was even a little infected, but better now. Stitches out if all 5 incisions today.

Well its been 8 days since my surgery-open rny. Its been hard to get all the Proteins in, even though I have the g tube to use. Today I didn't have a whole lot of pain and did not use my pain meds. It took until today to have a bm and I had to use Colace and Miralax to finally go. I have a home health nurse that will come once a week to help me with my g tube and take vitals. My husband goes back to work next Tuesday and I am not looking forward to being alone. I'm on the liquid diet for another week. I am looking forward to changing to the next food stage.

My incisions were glued too. The glue has came off all of them. I think the other 2 are finally trying to close but right when I think they are I look and they are open.

Vicki, you will feel stronger every day. My husband went back to work this past Tuesday and I was scared, then on Thursday I was all over cleaning and even cooked taco bake for family for dinner. . Good luck and keep your head up

I'm 10 days post-op and started on pureed food on Tuesday evening - so good to have something besides liquids! I've also figured out how to mix unsweetened tea with my Protein so that not everything I drink is sweet. So far I haven't had any real problems - no overeating - I'm so careful. I still have a little upper esophageal aching towards the end of the day. The MD thinks it's from two things. I) I had really bad GERD for 23 years and it probably has made my esophagus damaged to a certain extent and 2) things are still swollen.

I lost 9 pounds my first week.

My blood sugars are not great, but coming down daily.

I hope you all are doing well!