Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

Officially post up!! Surgery went very well! Downside that I was not aware off that I can't eat or sip anything for 3 days :( this too shall pass! Now onto the road of losing and success stories!!

So happy for you! Yes you will be able to drink soon and what a wonderful peppy outlook you have! Welcome to the losers bench!

Hi everyone! Today is day 6 post-op & I move into soft foods - I'll let you know how it goes! I'm going to start out w/ yogurt - 2oz is the portion size for now. I see some of the posts about GERD - my medical team prescribes prilosec for a year to prevent ulcers. They'll re- evaluate after a year to see if I need to keep taking it. Vitamins start next week - I ordered Bariatric Fusion so I don't have to take a lot of different pills in the beginning, So far, I'm down 14 lbs from when I started this process. Today I'm planning to do some gentle upper body toning exercises - Toned muscles encourage fat loss vs. muscle loss. I hope everyone has a great day!

Hi everyone! Today is day 6 post-op & I move into soft foods - I'll let you know how it goes! I'm going to start out w/ yogurt - 2oz is the portion size for now. I see some of the posts about GERD - my medical team prescribes prilosec for a year to prevent ulcers. They'll re- evaluate after a year to see if I need to keep taking it. Vitamins start next week - I ordered Bariatric fusion so I don't have to take a lot of different pills in the beginning, So far, I'm down 14 lbs from when I started this process. Today I'm planning to do some gentle upper body toning exercises - Toned muscles encourage fat loss vs. muscle loss. I hope everyone has a great day!

That is awesome for being 6 days post-op. My surgeon has me on zantac for 90 days to reduce acid in order to promote healing in both of my stomachs. My nutrition team will allow me vitamins around the same time I start back on lean meat (around the beginning of February). Tomorrow, hopefully, I get to start with eggs and cottage cheese. They have this whole staged introduction back into normal eating. Two pages of items that I can eat at each stage. I am still a little tender so toning is going to wait until I can lift more than 10 lbs. Until then, walking and more walking. Now only if PMS bloating would just leave me be, I would be happier with the way my clothes fit...lol.

Just got back from my post op appointments. I was surprised to say the least. I apparently had an undiagnosed umbilical hernia that they spotted while I was under and they fixed it. So I have one extra scar than I thought. But the good news is I have been advanced to Stage 2B which is eggs, cottage cheese, and ricotta cheese. I am down a total of 13 lbs which they say is great but not truly expected.

14 days post op and thet moved me to cream Soup (no pieces) and sugar free pudding for the next month...once again my doc is strict! !

Hi everyone - glad to see everyone is doing well. Who knew that food could taste so good again! I have been able to tolerate every food choice so far - i can only have 1/4 c serving. I laugh at how long it takes me to eat it too. I guess it's worth it to avoid nausea or backing up. I've been keeping a food journal so that I have something to show the doc when I have my follow up next week. My plan is to go back to work on the 3rd so each day I try to add a wee bit more structured activity to my day, so I'll be ready. So far I've lost 14 lbs since my first visit to the practice. I expect this will pick up once I'm cleared to be more active. Well, hang in everyone - I can't wait to see what we're talking about NEXT year at this time!

KCamp...hope you are feeling well and coming along great :)

How many trocar incisions does everyone have? I have 7. I had to have a little extra work. (take down of previous reflux surgery and re-repair of hiatel hernia).

How many trocar incisions does everyone have? I have 7. I had to have a little extra work. (take down of previous reflux surgery and re-repair of hiatel hernia).

I have 6 incision sites...5 from the RNY and 1 from the umbilical hernia they had to repair. I didn't know I had a hernia and that they repaired it until my post-op appointment yesterday. Total surprise.

It's a good thing they repaired it then and there. I just read a post and someone is going in 2 weeks post op to have their hiatel hernia repaired. I'm sure my repair through my surgeons schedule way behind but I'm glad he was patient and thorough. I had several little issues he had to fix. They also had to spend extra time on my juju thing to prevent some sort of "candy cane" syndrome.

I had 6 incisions - no one said anything about having to do any extra procedure so I guess that's what was needed. The steri strips are still there - I'm supposed to leave them until they fall off. KCamp how are you feeling?

Edited by AuroraBorealis

I have 8 incisions. But my gallbladder came out too

I had my surgery Friday and came home yesterday. I've had a rough recovery the first 2 days in the hospital. I had to get 4 units of blood but feeling better since then. I also had trouble with my oxygen level. It was fine as long as I wasn't doing much. But I'm off oxygen and home now.

I'm trying to sip, sip, sip.. Wow, this is hard. I started Protein shakes today and I'm so glad I can tolerate my favorite, Premier shake from costco.

I haven't been hungry or had cravings. I'm going to cook spaghetti for my family and grand kids tonight. I feel guilty that they have been surviving on frozen dinners and oodles of noodles for my son lol.

Keep up the good work everyone and welcome to the loser's bench.

I have 8 incisions. But my gallbladder came out too

Be thankful gallbladder came out @same time cause I just had mine removed yesterday & I was worse than my gastric bypass surgery. But im home now & resting. Congratulations on coming to losers bench.