Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

Hi all! Not much to say, I'm a bit emo, that I posted in the other thread and was pretty much ignored. Tried to be encouraging but guess it was unwanted. It's difficult not to sound dramatic when trying to express a hurt, I'm not searching for sympathy, just wanted to explain my reason for going on my merry way as far as participating.

I'm not good at these forum things so I will just say best of luck to you all on your journeys.

So funny you say this because I have the same attitude. When others don't answer me or talk to me I feel unwanted. I see others start conversation and lots reply and no one does to me. I'm nothing like that in person, I'm the life of the party and very liked. I think you and I are used to attention and are not getting as much on forums and it bothers us. I have left forums in the past due to this... now I have learned that we are all here to help, once others have seen us and spoke they get used to each other.. hang in there, I c u! Hugs!

Hi all just wanna say my band revision to rny went good dr also repaired a hernia which he said he finds common after the banding. I am up walking around a bit here and there and have a lot of gas yet as my body isn't so cooperative in letting it out. I may even get to go home later today just have a few things to wait on yet. I start Clear Liquids this am and want to see if I am capable of holding them down before making that decision :)

Hi anew, I had band removal Dec 4 and gastric Jan 9. The good news for me is after my first surgery I was sad and crying but now I know I WILL EAT AGAIN just not now and that keeps my spirits up. I have felt more sore than just having gastric right off. Doc said the extra scar tissue and weak tissue has made this so.. I'm glad I made this choice, I am 190 right now as of surgery day and refuse to weigh til the 20th. I'm the type that loses and gains so easy.. I already feel myself melting away. Would love to hear more about yours since we have a lot in common

Loving life....I too feel more sore now than when I had banding done. I said the same thing about eating the band was so horrible where there times I couldn't even swallow saliva without it coming back up but when loosened I gained weight back ugg such a battle. But I am certain I have made the right choice to have rny done. We are gonna do great :)

I know, I'm excited! I have an inground pool and it's a 2 piece this yr baby!

Happy to hear your ready for two piece :) I am far from that...lol

I was finally able to sleep on my tummy last night with the use of the abdominal binder/bandage thing they gave me in the hospital. Have you guys set goals for the year as far as what you'd like to see? My sister is 5 years post op and she did the things you aren't suppose to do after her surgery (ie getting pregnant within a few months of surgery and eating outside the common sense list). She has decided that she doesn't want to be ashamed of herself as I lose the weight. So we made a friendly wager. The first person to reach their weight loss goal owes the other one a new outfit. I am looking to lose a conservative 100lbs by December 31st. I could lose more since I love my "me (gym/walking) time". But where do you see yourself in 6 months or a year?

Happy to hear your ready for two piece :) I am far from that...lol

You will get there. This is my 3 rd surgery. Lap band last yr. Removal Dec, this Jan

You will get there. This is my 3 rd surgery. Lap band last yr. Removal Dec, this Jan

Waiting for surgery til sept. But a yr out, I will be "cured" from my comorbid conditions, and MAYBE even a size 8- from a 18! I have high hopes!! Lol

That's the spirit! We can do this!

I would like to be at my goal weight of 125.

Im in the hospital. Háď my surgery yesterdåy about 24 hours ago. Surgerý went very well, doctòr said. I had extreme pàin. But today the pain is bad,

but not as bad as the first 24 hours. Still on ice chips which i am toleŕating good.

Im in the hospital. Háď my surgery yesterdåy about 24 hours ago. Surgerý went very well, doctòr said. I had extreme pàin. But today the pain is bad,

but not as bad as the first 24 hours. Still on ice chips which i am toleŕating good.

So glad to hear Vicki. You have been in my thoughts. I'm a week out and can tell you we all heal different but the most important thing is to not puke the first 2 wks. My doc said it can cause a leak. Hope you continue to heal and sip sip sip Water starting the moment your allowed

I agree sips of Water as soon as you can so you don't dehydrate yourself. Yesterday my pain in shoulders from gas was pretty bad yet so I took the prescribed liquid meds and that left me light headed and sleepy for most if the day. I didn't want to eat or drink which was bad. Today still have the gas pain but dealing with it so I can move around eat and drink sips of Water.< /p>

Where I see myself in a year...at my goal weight of at least 145 or even lower and off all co-morbid obesity meds. Already off of diabetes meds so there's one down :)

Ihargis....I like the friendly wager :)

Hello everyone. I have also tried to get into conversation in other threads and thought it was just me but only one person talked to me. Once. Lol. I had my band removed and the bypass done 12/31/13. How's that for a New Years celebration. Lol. My clear liquids was for 3 days then moved to full liquids until the 15 th day after surgery. It's strange how different dr's have somewhat different diets. But I feel we all have the same destination just the journey may vary. Good luck everyone.