Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure what's going on :(

I was banded the week before you... August 22. I have also had three fills and will be going back on Monday, 1/13. I'm not even sure as to my weight loss bc I only weigh at the doctor's office (So I guess I'll know on Monday). It's great that you're exercising on a regular basis, and it's great that you already lost 30 pounds (that's between 1 1/2 and 2 pounds a week). Personally, I think you're making great progress. I'm happy with my progress in how I feel and in how I look. This is a lifestyle and a marathon.... Not a gimmick and a sprint..... I'm so glad to finally post with someone who was banded around the same time as me!

Kimmy, honestly dont stress - you sound just like me. I really really didn't start dropping weight with the first 3 fills. I lost 1 pound a week. I was so annoyed because I felt like I was doing everything right.

Every person is different. I actually am one of those people that need to feel restriction... some people dont, just having the band makes them lose their appetite.

It was my fourth fill (I believe) that really made the difference. It was fairly snug and I had to be very very diligent with my eating. SMALL bites... chew chew chew.... I cut out ALL rice, grains, potatoes, starch, etc. I lived on 80 grams of Protein and green leafy veggies and the weight finally came off. It took nearly a year but i'm with in 10 pounds of goal weight and feeling very good. I ended up having to have the band loosened just a bit but now I dont have the old cravings i used too.

just stay in tune with your body and in good communication with your doctor and keep the faith :)

The slower the weight loss the longer it will stay off. Slow and steady wins the race.

With my Many, many years of dieting and failing I did learn that muscle weighs more than fat. Are your clothes to big? are you measuring to see if you are losing inches? I have read that there is a fair amount of people who have the bypass after trying the band and not having the weight loss they expected. I wish you best, hang in there!!!

30 pounds is 30 pound s that you are not carrying around anymore! Congrats! This is not a race, it is a lifestyle! As was stated by Healthnewme, you are losing 1 to 2 lbs a week, WOW! if you gaiend that much, you would soon realize that 30 lbs is great. keep up the good job. best wishes, Karen..aka..kll724

I lost 12 lbs the first 4 months and then with my 3rd fill I started to feel satiety and the weight started to shed over the next 4 months. 30 lbs is awesome and you should hope it keeps up that pace.

tmf

30lbs in just a few months is pretty amazing! Everyone loses at different paces. If the scale is bringing you down, put it away for awhile. As others have said, try to focus on all the great nonscale things that are happening with your body! I think you're doing great! Just keep doing what you're doing, and the weight will continue to come off.

The # of fills is not the issue...how much is actually in your band is....

I knew someone who had 12 fills over the span of a year...one per month...the Dr. only gave her LESS than .5cc per fill.....she was convinced the office was soaking her for office visit $$ by spreading it out, and NOT so concerned about her progress....

What she got in a year, some people get on their first adjustment....the entire support group was moving forward and she was not getting anywhere......

She did dump him and got a new Dr......last time I checked she was very pleased with her progress....

NOT saying this is your case...it's just that when people talk about the # of fills they have had, it does not give a clear picture.

fat-v-muscle.jpg

this is 5 pounds of muscle and 5 pounds of fat......

in the picture..the 5 lbs. of fat is much bulkier than the 5 lbs. of muscle, but five pounds is still five pounds.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat.

Fat is bulky and lumpy so if you carry an extra five pounds of fat, you'll be lumpier than with five pounds more muscle.

A five pound pile of fat will take up more space (volume) than a five pound pile of muscle; but five pounds is still five pounds.

and your loss so far is amazing

a loss is a loss no matter how big or small....as long as you are losing.

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

Four 1/2 months and thirty lbs down is awesome!!!! I was a slow loser also. There is no competition with this. Please don't compare yourself to others. Everybody's body is different. It took me two 1/2 yrs to get to my goal whereas with others it only took them a few months. The main thing is that you're losing. Keep up the good work.

You have lost 30lbs in 4 1/2 months and that is not fast enough? Sounds like a great loss to me....