Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I screwed up! Need to vent

I am my last week of post-op being doing good until today. I went to KFC had the mash potatoes and a couple of bites of chicken breast but did cheat and took a bite of the crispy outside. I really feel sick. I can't be doing this enough is enough I know better this is my 2 nd band what am I thinking!!! I really hate myself and I do have an appt tomorrow I need a head check!

Thanks for listening ;(((

I didn't quite understand where in your journey you are exactly (post op or pre op- and how long) but, if its the actual food you had that worries you, I don't see a problem with that... Unless you had a BUCKET full of skin, and I know you didn't. I went to KFC three weeks ago and I had exactly what you had, except I always go for the thigh meat which is more moist than the breast.

Ps.... What happened to your first band?

Edited by HotButterFly

So what happened when you took a bite of the Fried chicken??? You got sick? as in Stuck? Did you experience any type of pain when you swallowed? Your band can still be tender, depending on how long it has been since your surgery....

I'm not sure I'm clearly understanding what happened....I know any deep fried foods for me can be troublesome with the band....have to be very careful....

and yes...what happened to your first band...you had have been through this before?

Edited by B-52

Did you just get a smaller band due to your large weightloss? Anyway, if this is your 2nd band, you know how to work it. You do know that skin is bad especially during the healing process. Try to stay on your surgeon's guidelines. Best wishes. Karen..aka.kll724

here i was thinking a whole pizza or two was ate.. GEESH

well, so you did not make the best choices....oh well, its over now...just do better today....you CAN make better choices IF you want too.

that being said, eat whatever you wish as you are not on a diet

and the band will help you eat (less).....but the hard part is us doing our part to help.....eating and exercise.....do better today..time to move on.

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

Don't beat yourself up over this, the good thing is that you recognize that you made a mistake in your eating. That is the first step is knowing you did it and then making better choices the next time.

Thanks everyone! I was banded in 2011 and in July 2013 all was great had the band under control and NO RESTRICTION it was light a light switch! My doctor and I did two fills ( cleaning it out Fluid was a little yellowish) did a EDG everything looked fine. Replaced port then went for a fill and there was that color of Fluid again.

Dec 18 we decided together to go in and see what's happening he was worries about the first stages of erosion of the band.... Nope it was an erosion of the tubing " the tube was crystalized"

My surgeon is very professional and he didn't really have answers for me... He said there was one case he heard of that was in Vegas but didn't know why this happens! So he replaced everything including the new port he did weeks prior.

My questions are what it my PH balance ? Did I do something wrong ? Was the tubing defective? Was it the acid into body ? The band was fine! Same material right! I just want to do good this time around and it seems the more you know the harder it is for me in my head.

Appt today at 2 for my 3 week post op ( suppose to be 2 weeks but because of the holiday and my work schedule). I am going to ask for a slight fill he put 1/2 cc fill durning surgery swelling is down and OBVIOUSLY I can eat... I think when I ate the skin the fried part just made my belly hurt that's all! I have been so clean and good but couldn't resist now I know... Thanks again for the encouragement and listening I think that's all I needed plus a kick in the butt!

im 3 weeks post opp and could eat a lion , trying so hard to change my habits and that's exactly what it is is bad habits that we didn't even think of before the band ... hopefully you'll get back on track and all the best luck in the world . no one would say it was easy but the out come is fantastic x

What is the problem? Did it get stuck? I don't understand the issue. You ate, it went down, you're satisfied. Done deal.

I am my last week of post-op being doing good until today. I went to KFC had the mash potatoes and a couple of bites of chicken breast but did cheat and took a bite of the crispy outside. I really feel sick. I can't be doing this enough is enough I know better this is my 2 nd band what am I thinking!!! I really hate myself and I do have an appt tomorrow I need a head check!

Thanks for listening ;(((

I agree with all of the posters above, but I know how GCake is feeling. I have days where I go over my calorie limit, mostly because I failed to plan the day well. Or even worse...I have planned the day GREAT packed the Breakfast and lunch and then rushed out the door and left the bag sitting on dam counter! So now I'm forced to substitute and make adjustments in what is already a crazy day for me.

Occasionally, I will get very upset and angry at myself when I can't do it all!!! Really it's true, I know I need to give myself a break and take it in stride and eventually I do...but in that moment I want to kick my own ass.

I have to tell you GCake that KFC makes me sick. Upset stomach, from both ends...(I know TMI) ever since I have been banded and it really doesn't matter what bite of the chicken I have. I think it's the grease, but even their potatoes don't love me so I just steer clear of the place now.

Our PH in our bodies can be changed in so many ways by the foods we eat and the way our body breaks down food etc. Don't worry about how/why the tubing got that way now. It's nothing you did or didn't do right. It happened and thank goodness your Doc was on top of it and replaced it all for you and you are healing focus on that.

Soon you will be back in the groove rocking your new band, feel free to come and vent any time. None of us are above a bite or two of something that we know is not the best for us. :)

I love kfc but i can not control my eating when its around so that has been put on my no list.....

Hang in there. Some days are better than others. We all give into temptation from time to time, however, you know what that fried piece of chicken feels like so hopefully you won't make that mistake again. Best wishes in this new year.