Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery 10/21/13. I am not sure what the problem is, but I am constantly nauseous. Every time I want to take a bite it makes me dry Heeve. It is awful! I want to eat but the smell or look of food disgusts me. My legs also sometimes goes numb. Is this all normal what should I be eating?

I also had surgery on the 21st. This doesn't sound good to me. I've never had any nausea and other than a little pain when I eat in the chest/upper abdomen area, I haven't had any of the things you're talking about. I would be concerned. I think you should call your surgeon.

Definitely time to call your bariatric team.

Lynda

I have experienced something similar. At first sometimes when I ate my food would spill from my mouth. I wouldn't gag and my stomach wouldn't convulse or any of the stuff you do when you throw up. The food would just simply slowly rise back up my throat and I would open my mouth and it would come out. However, here recently I began experiencing pain in my lower throat/chest area mostly after I eat. It feels almost like I swallowed a rock. And sometimes throwing up accompanies this feeling and other times it doesn't. I noticed that I haven't been spreading my meal out...I still catch myself eating a little quicker than I should and I think that has a lot to do with it for me. I have been eating slower and I notice it is't happening as often (the chest pain included). I would go see a doc as well. I am still going to go see mine Tuesday just to make sure nothing more severe is going on. I also have bad heartburn and another sleever suggested it could be gerd, so I want to make sure that if that is the case I can get some treatment. Good luck to you! :D

I would go to the hospital right away. Thinking praying for you!

On call dr said to call at 8:30 tomorrow and they will get me in.

Don't worry. Don't panic. You will be okay. Praying for you. Please keep us updated. Much love from NJ

I also had surgery 10/21 and that does not sound normal at all! Im so glad your doctor is taking this seriously and seeing you first thing in the morning. Please keep us posted.

We have been on a level 3 all day and I really cannot drive over an hour to my dr. The wind chill is -40 and we have lots of snow here. This has been going on for 2 weeks so I am going to try to wait until Friday, because I started a new job last week and am afraid they will hospitalize me when I go to the doctor for dehydration. I think I am feeling this way because of dehydration. I am going to try to drink more till then.

I ended up going to the hospital a week after that post. I was there Friday-Monday (Monday was a holiday) I had an ulcer and the bottom of my esophagus had skin grown over it. It was sick! They punctured it when they did an endoscopy. I had a lot of bile and stomach acids in my stomach and couldn't digest very good. I had tons of Vitamin bags and low sodium, vit k and b1. Also very dehydrated. I am still on ulcer medication but I can eat and feeling much better!

Edited by Kay York

Kay, so glad to hear you are better. Thanks for giving us your news so we know how it turned out. Hugs to you.