Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all...I'm officially joining the group! My paperwork has been with Cigna (has been since 1/15) and I'm just waiting from them on whether or not I am approved. I also have my surgical clearance appointment tomorrow. I'm excited, nervous, & ready all at the same time!! Hoping for an end of Feb or beginning of March date!

My date is this Monday, Feb.3! this has been a longgggg journey that I started last April 2013. I had to see a dietician for 6 months, see a psy and then was approved within a week in November. I had to attend 5 classes before surgery and will now have my last dr. Visit this Thursday and hospital orientation ( film to go over what to expect on day of surgery) getting real nervous and second thoughts which I know are normal feelings! :(

I understand! I started July 2013 and what was supposed to be only a 3 month process got me to 7 months! I am beyond ready!

My date is this Monday, Feb.3! this has been a longgggg journey that I started last April 2013. I had to see a dietician for 6 months, see a psy and then was approved within a week in November. I had to attend 5 classes before surgery and will now have my last dr. Visit this Thursday and hospital orientation ( film to go over what to expect on day of surgery) getting real nervous and second thoughts which I know are normal feelings! :(

Scheduled my surgery for March 10th. I know it is long but I did it this way so I wouldn't miss any school. And also to really mentally prepare myself since I have never had any sort of surgery before.

I should also be getting sleeved sometime in March. I'm up in Alaska and will be getting it done at a military hospital where everything is just kind of in house. Next month will be the end of my 6 months of monitored weight loss. I've done meetings with my surgeon, NUT, a weightloss group, psych eval, sleep study, submitted past endoscopy/colonoscopy results, bloodwork, so I'm really at the tail end! I get butterflies when I think about it coming up. I'm so nervous, but excited at the same time! I won't find out my exact date until next month when I meet with the surgeon again. My sister, who is a Nurse Practicioner, and my Mom, a Registered Dietician, will be coming up to stay with me when I get it done, so I feel a little less stressed/anxious about the procedure and recovery. My surgeon was pleased when i told him that, to say the least! LOL!

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I'm getting mine done at a Veterans Hospital. Will meet with the surgeon February 7 and hopefully get a date. First I had to do 3 months of VA MOVE program. After that I did a psych eval then got scheduled to see the surgeon. The Nut from the weight loss program told me that I should meet with the dietician that same day and the surgeon usually schedule surgery three weeks after that. I guess in between those wks I'll do endoscopy, sleep test, blood work and anything else the doc requires. Everything is done in house there too. Hopefully I'll get a early March date.

Just joined, enjoy reading all the information. I'm trying to soak up as much as possible. I'm scheduled for 2/24. This is a wonderful site

Got my psych eval scheduled for 2/18. So this pushes it all out a little bit farther than I hoped, but I'll get there. I asked to be called if there were any cancellations so I could get in sooner.

OMG, I just want to DO THIS ALREADY.

I feel you PurpleDiosa. I finally had my psych eval yesterday. I was actually nervous about it for some reason. She said she was sending the report to my surgeon and I'm good to go. A letter from my PCP has been requested for insurance purposes. Now I go next Wednesday to see the surgeon again. We will schedule the EDG and submit to insurance. I have been praying that insurance will be speedy in approving me. I want this now! :)

Got my psych eval scheduled for 2/18. So this pushes it all out a little bit farther than I hoped, but I'll get there. I asked to be called if there were any cancellations so I could get in sooner.

OMG, I just want to DO THIS ALREADY.

We will get there!! Eventually!!!

That's how I felt when I went to my consult in December and set my surgery for February 19. And now I'm only 21 days away! Time is flying!

I'm the 17th and it's only 19 days away. Good Luck Sarah, we'll both do fine.

That's how I felt when I went to my consult in December and set my surgery for February 19. And now I'm only 21 days away! Time is flying!

Oh yeah. We got this! :) I'm so excited. :D

Oh yeah. We got this! :) I'm so excited. :D

I am too and a little scared for this will be a totally new way of eating and lifestyle.

I think I'm far to excited about the "new" me, that I'm not scared. Yet. Heh.

I think I'm far to excited about the "new" me, that I'm not scared. Yet. Heh.

I'm excited about that but anxious thinking about the post op of healing etc after the sleeve. Having 3/4 of my stomach removed is scary to think about. I know it will all go well but it's still a heavy duty operation.

I listen to my surgery cd every night in bed. I've used it before and it's very calming. Here is the Amazon link to it .

http://www.amazon.com/A-Meditation-Promote-Successful-Surgery/dp/1881405346/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1391060236&sr=8-10&keywords=belleruth+naparstek