Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to get a EGD done Friday, meet with the psych on the 21st, prep appt on the 30th, pre op diet starts the 5th, surgery on the 19th. I'm so excited, and I can't believe how fast time is going. I made all these appointments on 12/26, thinking it all seemed so far away. Only 37 days until I start the new me! ❤️

Your date is really close to mine. Do you have a preop diet? Mine starts feb 4. April

I'll be with ya! I start my pre op diet the day after you. :)

I'll be with ya! I start my pre op diet the day after you. :)

Lol. We can commiserate together!!

Love Norman. Use to live there born n raised a sooner :)

What's crazy is I live all the way in Durant, down by the Red River but was born and raised in Paul's Valley. My friends have used Dr Nelson and loved her, she's at a Center of Excellence and I think it's worth the drive.

My daughter plans to go to OU when she graduates next year. Boomer Sooner!

April

Small world. My ex husband was born n raised in Paul's Valley. A good dr is always worth the drive :)

This is so unfair...I wanted to get my date before officially posting here but now IDK when I'm going to get sleeved. I have Kaiser and after this 6 month process, which has now been 7 months due to scheduling issues, I get down to my last visit where I am to submit my paperwork to the panel and my nut goes into labor....fine with me but to say, we have no back up and she's the only nut in all 3 locations in Baltimore and we dont know when she will be back for sure and no there's no one else you can see and no we have no further information is some bull sh** forreal!!! I cant even breathe, I feel like I cant even focus at work...WTH?!?!?!?!? I need another option, I purchased everything, my job is prepared, my support system is prepared, i was suppose to get in before March...OMG, I'm losing it...smh.

I got really lucky. Because I'm in school, I knew the date I wanted when I went for my consult, and my surgeon was awesome and added one more procedure to his already full day, so I could get the date I wanted. So with all that, they had to for all my other appointments in that time frame. I think it also helps that the scheduler is my friends mom. But either way, my doc was awesome about fitting me in with my not so workable schedule.

Lol. We can commiserate together!!

Yes! I'm excited for it, so I'm hoping since im excited about it, it won't be as horrible as it seems. Haha

Yes! I'm excited for it, so I'm hoping since im excited about it, it won't be as horrible as it seems. Haha

Me too. I just keep thinking positive. Or trying to. Did you read my post "making me cry"? I've gotta definitely stay positive for my daughter now.

I had my psych consultation today, have to go back Friday for a 4 hour evaluation. That's right Four hours!!! Anyone else out there. Have to do this long evaluation session?

Mine was about that long. I went in at about 12:30, thinking i'd be done with plenty of time. i didn't get home until almost 4pm to go get my son from the school bus. They had me filling out questionairres, and it took them awhile to evaluate them. The part of actually sitting in with the psychologist was maybe 30 minutes? They were very throurough. lol I guess not a bad thing...they wanted to make sure that patients are mentally sound enough, in the right place in life, and knew what to expect afterwards. It was a military treatment facility.... if that makes a difference.

I have my final visit with my nutritionist on Jan 22nd and my pre-op appointment on the 29th. Hopefully we will be setting the date for surgery then since I have already received approval from my insurance company.

I have my final visit with my nutritionist on Jan 22nd and my pre-op appointment on the 29th. Hopefully we will be setting the date for surgery then since I have already received approval from my insurance company.

Bet you have surgery in February :)

Sarahjane, do you already know what your preop diet will consist of?

Sarahjane, do you already know what your preop diet will consist of?

I think Protein Shakes and any kind of sugar free liquid, and Water. So basically whatever Protein shakes I want, and then Powerade zero, or SF gaterade, flavored water. But I'll learn more at my pre op appt. I meet that day with my surgeon and have the last nutrition class until after surgery.

I think Protein shakes and any kind of sugar free liquid, and Water. So basically whatever Protein Shakes I want, and then Powerade zero, or SF gaterade, flavored water. But I'll learn more at my pre op appt. I meet that day with my surgeon and have the last nutrition class until after surgery.

Mine is so different. A shake for Breakfast, half a shake for lunch with Protein n veggies for lunch, dinner is same as lunch. Lots of fs fluids.

The preop for me consists of a meeting with my surgeon, PA, EKG, chest X-ray, final labs and a 2 hr nut class about life post surgery.

Mine is so different. A shake for Breakfast, half a shake for lunch with Protein n veggies for lunch, dinner is same as lunch. Lots of fs fluids. The preop for me consists of a meeting with my surgeon, PA, EKG, chest X-ray, final labs and a 2 hr nut class about life post surgery.

I have no idea what my pre op appt consists of. Haha. I know it's at 10:30, and will be 3 hours long, and I will meet with the nut and surgeon. I was surprise they didn't do an EKG and stuff at my consult, so I assume they'll do it at pre op. I don't do my final labs until right after I start my liquid diet.