Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January fitness challenge

Second day and I didn't walk. Cant believe it! My hair cut too long so I couldn't walk the mall before PT. After PT I hurt so bad I fell asleep in my chair and then off to a Sunday school party. At least I didn't over-eat and tomorrow is another day, right? If better walk before PT tomorrow.

I think I either tore my left arch or it has fallen - I went to Insanity a few days ago when it was snowing, we do it in a tent and my feet were completely numb and I think I did something... anyway now I can't put weight on it and if I try to do any sort of hop/rock movement it hurts like a mutha. It first hurt about 3 days ago and is getting worse even though I did ice/heat ibu etc. Today I have it wrapped in an ace. thoughts?

Globe - please see a medical professional promptly. And stay off that foot until you are cleared. Foot injuries are no fun and take a long time to heal. I had a lisfranc fracture from a bad car accident a few years ago. It took reconstructive surgery and 6 months to recover where I could walk again without knee scooter. Continue to practice RICE until you can see the doctor. Take care.

Edited by Fiddleman

Emeraldeye, thats my bike I took it to work. I order it because it folds up.

January 1st, 8/100 miles done!

Plank day 1, 65s!

Great way to start off 2014!

YES!

Now to keep this momentum going!

Hey love the leggings. N u look wonderful might I ask but what is plank I see every one posted about it but idk what it is

Hey congrats on all u guys effort and hard work. Just wanna add that I want to join but can't till the 16th. Because I got my panniculectomy surgery on Dec 5th but can't wait 2 be able to work out and feel good doing it even tho I'm still gonna be not able to do everything. I wanna ask what is plank. And where can I get a cheap bike from I wanna start riding to lose weight.

Hey congrats on all u guys effort and hard work. Just wanna add that I want to join but can't till the 16th. Because I got my panniculectomy surgery on Dec 5th but can't wait 2 be able to work out and feel good doing it even tho I'm still gonna be not able to do everything. I wanna ask what is plank. And where can I get a cheap bike from I wanna start riding to lose weight.

a plank is where you get into the top of a push up position, but instead of on hands, hold on your elbows. This is the basic form for a plank. There are a number of variations.

Here is more information on the plank:

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/lose-weight/how-to-do-a-plank-a-single-move-for-stronger-abs

Try and start by holding plank for 20 seconds, then 30 seconds, then 45 seconds and so on. The goal for most is to hold plank for 3 minutes. Pay attention to good form. Your core should be solid. Your body should be flat like a plank of wood. No butt mountains!

Cheap bikes? Go for a used one. Pawn shops and Craigslist are loaded with cheap used bikes.

Glad you've joined. I had a TT at the beginning of October and it was hell being sidelined. Felt so good to get back to exercise. Good luck and join when you can.

Cheap bikes? Go for a used one. Pawn shops and Craigslist are loaded with cheap used bikes.

Glad you've joined. I had a TT at the beginning of October and it was hell being sidelined. Felt so good to get back to exercise. Good luck and join when you can.

Thanks I will look into the bike n will b back when I can work out a little

Almost made it 5 miles today - another post-op high for me (ran out of time...pesky work!!!).

I'm at 8 miles total towards my 85 mile goal.

I haven't started lifting yet - that will start next week.

Have a great weekend!

My goal is to start and complete the Insanity workout! With my crazy schedule getting to the gym is hard but I can always push play!!! If anyone else is doing insanity let me know I need an accountability partner!!

My goal is to start and complete the Insanity workout! With my crazy schedule getting to the gym is hard but I can always push play!!! If anyone else is doing insanity let me know I need an accountability partner!!

I think globetrotter was doing it but was talking of changing things up.

I think globetrotter was doing it but was talking of changing things up.

U guys put me to shame! All this insanity is insane. I walked 30 min today at the mall...BEFORE PT...Just got back from that and running some errands. Have my new car so now I have to haggle with the ins co to getting medical/pain/suffering taken care of. That will be awhile yet. I wonder how much screwing up Christmas is worth. Time for a nap.

Still got the crud,but am feeling better today, yoga class started again so I went. Got in 4 more miles this am. MTD-10 miles 1 yc, still begging out the the strength classes, maybe tomorrow if I feel better.