Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January fitness challenge

Early morning, before work Zumba. .. happy and pissed about it all at the same time. But I'm doin it... here I go

Edited by Seela

I've been hit with one thing and another this week. I'm trying to muster up the will to go do some laps from 12-1. Pray for me.

Okay, that's overdramatic. But still.

Let it go forth from this time and place, I am officially changing my January Fitness Challenge goals: I finally woke up and smelled the coffee - Insanity has given me nothing except an increase in stamina. No reward on the scale, in my strength, in my # of reps, in my clothes, nothing to show for it except a jacked up foot. Well, tonight I did a compound lifting rotation with a crossfit trainer buddy of mine and it rocked! I could genuinely feel my muscles working, I genuinely felt like I was getting $h!t done. So, from now on, it will be compound lifting every other day, not insanity.

Let it go forth from this time and place, I am officially changing my January Fitness Challenge goals: I finally woke up and smelled the coffee - Insanity has given me nothing except an increase in stamina. No reward on the scale, in my strength, in my # of reps, in my clothes, nothing to show for it except a jacked up foot. Well, tonight I did a compound lifting rotation with a crossfit trainer buddy of mine and it rocked! I could genuinely feel my muscles working, I genuinely felt like I was getting $h!t done. So, from now on, it will be compound lifting every other day, not insanity.

How about just do cross fit WOD daily? Works great. :) A lot of the cross fit WOD can be done with just a pull up bar, a good pair of running shoes, a barbell with weights, a heavy kettle bell, a wall ball and a rower. If you only have, say, a barbell, you can go to town on thrusters, back squats, front squats, power cleans, clean and jerks, push presses, sn@tches, dead lifts, etc. If you do not have access to any equipment (which i think is NOT your case), there are an unlimited number of body weight exercise you can pull from to build a WOD (burpee variations, jacks, push ups, etc). Cross fit.com posts a daily WOD or maybe your cross fit friend can help out with some WODs (do keep them changing every day). Glad you found something that works for you.

Edited by Fiddleman

I have to agree with some of you doing so much...I say that b/c I'm not doing a whole lot. I have to see my bone dr to take xrays of my rt hip. I believe from all the symptoms that I might have bone knashing. I might not need an operation but try the shots. Will have to wait and see. Doing a little bike and treadmill right now.

Do what you can....and I hope you're able to get your hip pain resolved soon.

I've been hit with one thing and another this week. I'm trying to muster up the will to go do some laps from 12-1. Pray for me. Okay, that's overdramatic. But still.

Yeah I'm no expert, but let's leave the divine powers out if your swimming. He has bigger "fish" to fry. ;p

Muscle relaxant didn't work. Woke up during the night PT yesterday almost killed me. But I did walk the halls at school today for 10. Now I'm using a heating pad to help get through the rest of the day (kids are napping ). Can't take muscle relaxers and teach 4 year olds.

Muscle relaxant didn't work. Woke up during the night PT yesterday almost killed me. But I did walk the halls at school today for 10. Now I'm using a heating pad to help get through the rest of the day (kids are napping ). Can't take muscle relaxers and teach 4 year olds.

Muscle spasms sometimes occur when there is an imbalance between Calcium and magnesium in the muscle cells. Magnesium causes cells in muscles to relax and calcium causes them to contract. This is especially important for the continual pumping of the heart. However, If there is too much calcium in your muscle cells, they will continually contract and spasm. If there is too much magnesium, then you blood pressure may drop too much. Heavy exercise can cause the imbalance (my case), but so can a lot of others things like dehydration. The muscles function best when there is a 2:1 ratio between calcium and magnesium. Since we take 500 m of calcium 3 x a day, you will want to counter with 250 mg of magnesium for every 500 mg of calcium. You may be able to source magnesium from food. I cannot so I take a magnesium supplement daily in the 2:1 ratio. The spasms I used to get are gone. Magnesium has many other health benefits, but the best one is relaxing the muscles. The best product I have found for sourcing magnesium is called Natural Calm. It comes in a few flavors, but I like the raspberry lemonade. I usually split the recommended daily dose over Breakfast time and bed time. I do not find it makes me sleepy during the day, but the relaxed muscles may help you sleep better at night.

Edited by Fiddleman

Thanks I'll check into that. The PT is causing me quite a bit of pain. But that's the way to healing. Yesterday he couldn't get the muscles relaxed at all. I sat with a heating pad all evening. I did manage to walk 10 minutes around the school during lunch today !

Day 1 of the new regime was yesterday - I got in the thigh press thingie - where you are semi-recumbent and put your feet on the platform in a giving birth position and push away... I did 145 lbs! several sets, finishing on a till-muscle-failure set, of which I did 25!!!!! barbell squats, lunges holding a round weight, bench presses, a pec machine, free squats, the birthing machine and stretches. I felt more during and now after that one workout then I have in the 5 weeks of Insanity.

Hello everyone, ok going for the plank challenge this month. I've been succeeding so far! :-) I'm up to 60s today. I'm gonna try and get as close to the chart as possible, I really need more upper body strength. I hope all can see attachment and jump on board if you like! GOOD LUCK!

post-199125-0-79625500-1389273142_thumb.png

[ATTACH]40066[/ATTACH]

Day 1 of the new regime was yesterday - I got in the thigh press thingie - where you are semi-recumbent and put your feet on the platform in a giving birth position and push away... I did 145 lbs! several sets, finishing on a till-muscle-failure set, of which I did 25!!!!! barbell squats, lunges holding a round weight, bench presses, a pec machine, free squats, the birthing machine and stretches. I felt more during and now after that one workout then I have in the 5 weeks of Insanity.

Birthing machine...lol. I think you are talking about the leg press machine. I always enjoyed that machine also.

23.5/100 thats with the 3 miles I got in today. I am gonna have to pick up my pace! It was a cold, but very nice walk today!

Edited by TerryBelieves