Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you for sharing! I am strongly considering the sleeve and I go for my seminar Thursday the 16th. I have researched a lot and spoke with people who have had the surgery. I am so nervous but all the stories I have read about are helping.

I am 6 days post op and just started having really bad diearriah (sp). Is this normal? Everything is going right through me also! Ugh!

Lots of people on here have that. Hang in there hun. If it gets to be Clear Liquids coming out call dr. Stay hydrated.

Thank you for sharing! I am strongly considering the sleeve and I go for my seminar Thursday the 16th. I have researched a lot and spoke with people who have had the surgery. I am so nervous but all the stories I have read about are helping.

that's really the best thing to do. I researched both the bypass and the sleeve for quite awhile. I was almost certain I didn't want the bypass but scared the sleeve wouldn't give me weight loss either. But this forum has soooo many ppl post sleeve who have done such a great job at losing weight. They are very very inspirational.

Day 15- 207.8 lbs Today was good I had a Protein Shake this morning and my yogurt for lunch. I wanted something a little more savory so for supper I heated up one of those hormel chicken and dumplings. I didn't eat the dumplings or chicken cause I'm not to that point yet but these little lunches come in a pretty thick Soup like broth. Dumplings are not in my plan anyway lol I put a little butter spray in it and it was wonderful. Nice and thick and very savory. It really hit the spot! I wish I could just buy the soupy part of it. I think I will add a bit of Unjury chicken soup flavored Protein Powder to get my Protein in. Till tomorrow.

Edited by XXShelXX

How much Protein do u get from that Unjury powder. Did u buy it before your surgery or after? Wen did u start to stock up on your new grocery list?

the chocolate splendor is 21 g of protein per scoop and 100 calories. If u mix it with 8 oz of skim milk u get an additional 8 grams and if u put a tbs of Peanut Butter powder it adds 3 more so one shake would be 32 grams :) sometimes I add two scoops and two tbs of peanut butter powder Bringing it to 56 grams for one shake. I don't believe that the human body can only absorb so much protein at one time. I've been reading different articles and studies that talk about how our ancestors did not break their protein consumption down into several meals. They pretty much protein loaded when they could consuming whatever kill they had. The body processes protein differently than carbs so it's not so cut and dry. So I figure as long as I'm getting my protein needs in I'm doing good. Others may feel strongly about breaking the meals up but this is just how I do it :)

I actually ordered the Unjury about two weeks before surgery. It arrived in about a week. I stocked up on sugar free pudding, broth, Jello, and cream Soups, smooth yogurt, and power aid zero a few days before because I didn't know if I would feel like going to the store and I was afraid hubby wouldn't get the right stuff. Lol

Day 16- 207lbs

Total loss now is 42 lbs. it's sad that I can't really see it yet but I did notice the top of my hands aren't so puffy lol that's something right haha

ADD TO chocolate SHAKES: GOT MINE AT WALMART: PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter

PB2 is made with premium quality peanuts that are slow-roasted and pressed to remove the fat. All natural with no artificial sweeteners or preservatives. Same consistency as full-fat peanut butter with all of the roasted peanut flavor, but with more than 85% less fat calories.

Bell Plantation has succeeded at perfecting the all American staple - peanut butter. Gone are the days of denying oneself the pleasure of a PB&J sandwich because it has too much fat and calories. The perfect lunch item, snack, and kid's preference has just gotten healthier without losing any of the flavor of traditional peanut butter. Through a unique process created by Bell Plantation that does not involve the use of any chemicals nor does it alter nature's balance in peanuts; over 90% of the fat is removed from the peanut. Essentially the oil is squeezed out of roasted peanuts and what remains is a peanut powder. The resulting all-natural product is unbelievable.

Two tablespoons of traditional peanut butter contains about 180 calories, while two tablespoons (approximately 12 grams) of PB2 powder, and contains just 53 calories. PB2 also contains approximately 40% Protein by weight. PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that can be reconstituted with Water or any liquid of your choice - juice, jelly/jam, or honey. Dip fruit directly into the powder, mix PB2 with a non-dairy frozen topping, make a milkshake or smoothie, or add it to a Protein Drink for improved flavor and increased protein content. Mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 with 1 tablespoon of water and stir until smooth. Can be mixed directly with jelly or jam for a PB2 and Jelly sandwich. Use your imagination with other liquids to develop your own unique flavors.

Also, have you tried all the flavors of Torani SF syrups added to your shakes? Lots of options for us!

Thank you for this info! Getting sleeved in four weeks and anxious to be done with it. But I am not a fan of Protein Shakes. This will be so helpful!

Day 16- 207lbs

Total loss now is 42 lbs. it's sad that I can't really see it yet but I did notice the top of my hands aren't so puffy lol that's something right haha

What a great thread. I am getting the sleeve on 2/13 and am very anxious. Reading stories like yours help me feel less anxious and more excited!

What a great thread. I am getting the sleeve on 2/13 and am very anxious. Reading stories like yours help me feel less anxious and more excited!

thank u :) I'm still excited. Everyday I think about all the things in gaining from getting the surgery! All the things that I thought I could never do because of my weight. My self esteem is shot but I finally see a light and just sooo glad it's done and in in my way! And so are u!!!

Day 5- 215.4 6.6 lbs lost since surgery!

So that brings my total loss to 33.6 lbs. I had lost 27lbs pre-op. It took me nine months to get that off but it's the most I was ever able to lose "on my own".

Noticed I got a lil hungry today but I hadn't eaten since this morning so I'm guessing that's to be expected. It wasn't the kind of hunger I normally would have either. U know the bugs bunny in the desert kind where everyone looks like a scrumptious roast beef! Hahaha just a little hunger signal. Easy to deal with. I wonder though if it's acid? I've read on here how acid mimics hunger so maybe I should try taking my Pepcid impersonator tomorrow and see if that happens again....

Still eating full liquids so I've got some bear creek Soup cooking. That's a dry Soup in a bag that's dehydrated. Very very good stuff. Cheddar potato and broccoli and cheese are the best!! I'll just put it through the strainer so no lumps. Till tomorrow....

Is bear creek the brand of soup? I start my liquid diet on Jan 20 and I'm freaking out!!!! I've enjoyed reading your posts

Ever since having my gallbladder out everything goes through me and I have horrible dumping syndrome. Hoping it's at least a little better after surgery.

I had my gallbladder out in 07 and I still have issues with dumping, will be sleeved on 2/3/14

I had my gallbladder out in 07 and I still have issues with dumping, will be sleeved on 2/3/14

be sure n let me know how it affects the dumping. Mine isn't until feb 18.

Will do :)