Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats xxShelxx your a great inspiration keep the info coming I'm I week to surgery!

you must be so excited and a bundle if nerves. I don't really know what I'm doing yet but I'm learning :)

Day 8- 212.2 lbs

I looked over my soft food mushy menu and it listed egg salad. Sounded great! But I was worried about large pieces so I put three boiled eggs in my ninja chopper (great for mushies) and a tbs of mayo and tad mustard. Couple of pulses later and I have egg paste :( but I'm gonna eat it anyway. Probably the consistency I need. 3 eggs way too much. I got maybe 1 egg in before I felt a little grossed out and nauseated. Thinking that was a bad idea but I don't want anything else and I do feel ... Full? Still struggling with that part. Is it me stopping myself or the sleeve? I'll know more when I reach solids stage. Had a lil head hunger today too blah

Im getting sleeved on the 29th. Pre op is next Wednesday the 15th. I am so ready! A little nervous about the all liquids for 2 weeks. I am just glad its here finally!

So what kind of stuff did u have for your liquid diet?

Thank you!!

Surgery went well and It seemed like I was done in a split second. I'm a little sore and feel very bloated. I've started walking in hallway to alleviate some of the bloating. I'm in Texas as well...

Had surgery in downtown San Antonio

Im getting sleeved on the 29th. Pre op is next Wednesday the 15th. I am so ready! A little nervous about the all liquids for 2 weeks. I am just glad its here finally! So what kind of stuff did u have for your liquid diet?

I was allowed strained Soup, broth that I mixed with Unjury chicken soup flavor, Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello, yogurt, Tomato Soup, anything liquid without lumps really. Congratulations!

Thank you!! Surgery went well and It seemed like I was done in a split second. I'm a little sore and feel very bloated. I've started walking in hallway to alleviate some of the bloating. I'm in Texas as well... Had surgery in downtown San Antonio

so glad to hear it went well. Someone told me on here to walk walk walk sip sip sip and that's exactly what I did and boy did it help. The more walking u do, the better u will feel.

so glad to hear it went well. Someone told me on here to walk walk walk sip sip sip and that's exactly what I did and boy did it help. The more walking u do, the better u will feel.

I have heard sip sip sip walk walk walk so many times.. I am so glad its working for you!! Any tios on what to bring and what not to bring??

I have heard sip sip sip walk walk walk so many times.. I am so glad its working for you!! Any tios on what to bring and what not to bring??

you really aren't going to need much honestly. But this is what I brought. A squishy pillow to hold against you when u cough. Chapstick. House shoes for walking the halls. My own comfy clothes cause I didn't wanna walk around the halls in a Hosp gown. Tooth brush, hair brush, that sort of thing. You will probably only be there a night. So it's not much required but those things help. :)

Day-9 212lbs

I am getting anywhere from 400-900 calories a day. Most of that is coming from my Protein shake. food isn't tempting me and when I've tried a tiny bite or two of egg salad or chicken salad, I found I was really turned off by it. Maybe the texture of it cause I have it soooo chopped up. It seems to be easier to do the Protein Shake.

I went and got a haircut and highlights today at the salon kinda a treat. My hair almost reaches my butt so I figured I should cut it and make it look a bit healthier. I'm happy with the results she made it look classy and only took about four inches off.

I went to the health store then and stocked up on some Vitamins I think I will need. I now take Centrum silver chewable two of those, Vit D3, and Biotin 5000 the kind that melts. I'm hoping I don't lose any hair it's rather thin already even though it's long. I also picked up some if those 42 G Protein Shots. I thought those would be perfect! Tried a sip of the grape flavor and OMG it's horrid!!!!! Gaggggggg foul nasty no way. Also picked up some chia seeds to put in my Protein Shake they are great for omegas and Fiber and add a couple grams of Protein. Happy with that. :)

XX Please check with your surgeon. The only Vitamin we were warned not to take was Centrum Silver chewable. I have no idea why. All surgeons are different but you do want to be cautions, and good luck~~~!!!

XX Please check with your surgeon. The only Vitamin we were warned not to take was Centrum Silver chewable. I have no idea why. All surgeons are different but you do want to be cautions, and good luck~~~!!!

oh wow really? He never said not to take anything hmmm this warrants a call for sure. Thank u.

Tomorrow is the big day!! I get sleeved at 4pm.... Drastic changes to lifestyle and eating habits is the biggest fear... Let's do this....I start school on the 13th and in my last semester to get engineering degree.....I hope all goes well and I don't encounter any problems !!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Congrats on all of your progress post-sleeve! I had my revision first thing yesterday morning. Procedure only took an hour because there was no scarring around the band. I was home by 11am. I took a 2 hr nap when I got home. I managed about 20 oz of Water and 3/4 can of reduced sodium with one scoop of unjury chicken Protein. Had a little discomfort from the gas bloat.

Today has been awesome! No gas pain. Minimal pain around the largest incision placed where my port used to be. I have 5 incisions. I've met my Fluid and Protein goals. Lots of walking. Hubby and I can't believe how great I feel.

Cheers!

Deb