Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so we can tell them wen its convenient. I can get accommodation at work but that doesn't secure ur job like having FMLA.

Mine worked with me like a champ.

I would think that this would be covered under FMLA. Obesity is a medical condition and your having surgery which makes you unable to perform your job duties. Has anyone else applied for this?

How do I get a ticker?? HELP :)

I think u have to set that up on a regular computer by going to ur name at the top and clicking on profile

Edited by XXShelXX

I would think that this would be covered under FMLA. Obesity is a medical condition and your having surgery which makes you unable to perform your job duties. Has anyone else applied for this?

I applied for FMLA. I sent all the forms to my surgeon and they approved it. I was only able to get two weeks off though.

Day 18 206.6 lbs

Weight loss has slowed down a bit now but it's still coming off so not about to complain. I have trouble figuring out this eating thing because idk if what I feel is my sleeve, or the hernia repair...?? Then the gallbladder being removed too so who knows lol

I tried some yogurt today that I thought was similar to the yopa in fact looked like it was nearly the same thing but it was nasty. I threw it all out so I'm getting hungry. The hunger isn't anything like what I've experienced before though. It's just a little hunger. I thought I wouldn't have any hunger at all for a year or so but nope kinda hungry. Bummer.

Day 19

205.2 lbs

17 lbs lost since surgery

Getting pretty tired of of Protein Shakes but need at least one to get my Protein in. So I've been searching the web for some recipes and came across the world according to egg face lol she has some recipes that I'm definitely going to try and I thought I would share. Here's one....

Shelly's Baked Ricotta

8 oz of Ricotta cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan

1 large Egg, beaten

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

salt & pepper to taste

1/2 cup Marinara Sauce

1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

This one is is a recipe from my mom who makes a wonderful pot roast.

Large pot roast

Two packets of Lipton onion Soup mix

Large can of cream of mushroom soup

Little bit of Water

Throw in some diced up red potatoes

Seasoning

Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Once it's done take a lil bit of the meat and a lot of the soupy part and blend the heck out of it. Soooooo good! And the family gets a wonderful supper. I could live off this. Te meat literally falls apart.

This one is is a recipe from my mom who makes a wonderful pot roast. <br><br> Large pot roast<br> Two packets of Lipton onion Soup mix<br> Large can of cream of mushroom soup<br> Little bit of water<br> Throw in some diced up red potatoes<br> Seasoning<br><br> Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Once it's done take a lil bit of the meat and a lot of the soupy part and blend the heck out of it. Soooooo good! And the family gets a wonderful supper. I could live off this. Te meat literally falls apart.

YUM thanks for the yummy recipes!

Thanks for all the product referrals. With just 15 days to go until my surgery and my pre-op appointment not until Tuesday the timing of your suggestions is perfect! I'll bring the list of these Soups, Protein and Peanut Butter powder, and beverages to share and discuss with the Dr. with plenty of time to order and stock up! Keep the recipes coming please. The baked ricotta sounds great and I don't think I'd have thought of the bean/enchilada/cheese thing. Does the enchilada sauce cause any discomfort like heartburn or gas? Also my nutritionist told me in my 12-week prep course that red meat was on the "No-No List." Have others had the same instruction?

Thanks for all the product referrals. With just 15 days to go until my surgery and my pre-op appointment not until Tuesday the timing of your suggestions is perfect! I'll bring the list of these Soups, Protein and Peanut Butter powder, and beverages to share and discuss with the Dr. with plenty of time to order and stock up! Keep the recipes coming please. The baked ricotta sounds great and I don't think I'd have thought of the bean/enchilada/cheese thing. Does the enchilada sauce cause any discomfort like heartburn or gas? Also my nutritionist told me in my 12-week prep course that red meat was on the "No-No List." Have others had the same instruction?

it didn't for me but u may have a more sensitive tummy with spicy stuff. Everyone is different but hopefully it will be good. Tasted like heaven after all the liquids lol

The red beef u may need to wait on but mine said for mushies the meat had to be super tender. With the roast the soupy part is sinful even without the meat :)

Thanks XXShelXX????????????

You're the first person to reply to my post. I feel more like a "real" part of the sleever community now. This whole thing is still surreal. The only other time in my life I had surgery under general anesthesia was when I had my tonsils out at age 17. Ironically, (LOL) I dropped to 118 lbs. after that due to my inability to swallow (the pain was horrible). Now I can't wait to be thin again -- even if I don't get down THAT far.

Sorry my Emojicons next 2 your screen name didn't post (turned out as a numeric string)

Hi Everyone,

I'm 12 days out now and can hardly believe I had surgery because I feel so awesome! I started eating cottage cheese and shaved roasted turkey deli meat (chewed til pureed) last week on day 7 cuz I was a bit sick of the sweet Protein Drinks and getting hungy. It went down fine with no trouble at all. So, I started adding more stuff I could chew. I had grilled lamb and oven roasted brussel sprouts for dinner last night. Yum!!! Doing fantastic and getting all my nutrients in according to my Fitness Pal app. I eat about a cupful of food at a sitting for meals. A little confused on the RDA for Iron supplements though. I adjusted my app to have a calorie goal of 1000. I took an iron supplement and it threw me over 300% of daily requirement. The supplement is CVS Iron (65 mg) and the bottle says it's 36% of daily requirement for an adult. My paperwork from the nutritionist says goal of 29 grams. Some websites say 25g twice a day. And so it goes on. What are your iron goals from your nutritionist?

Cheers!

Deb

Edited by Debstr66