Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love this journal you are writing for all of us! Makes it real. I wish you a super speedy recovery. Please keep updating each day or as you are able.

thank you :) I know I was reading everything I could get my hands on before surgery. Lol

Edited by Snuffaluffagus

I'm being sleeved 1/16 and really appreciate your posts. I had my band out 7 weeks ago. Not looking forward to another surgery. Them pain in the shoulder really was unbareable. It's just trapped air. Mine took about 12 days to go

oh man that's soooo what I didn't want was two surgeries so I understand. But I know a lot of docs insist that it is needed for healing so whatever is best for you is what u have to do :)

Day 4 post op- 216 lbs lost 6 lbs since surgery!

Day 4 has been pretty good too. I am down six lbs since Monday and today is Friday so that's pretty unbelievable! I drank a Protein shake this morning. A muscle milk (1/2 bottle) for lunch. It had 40 g of Protein. But I wasn't really impressed with the taste. Kinda spoiled now since trying unjury Protein Powder. I really think I'm going to order the unflavored kind though because I have to get more protein in. I will be able to mix it up in my Tomato Soup which has never tastes so good than it does now lol the swelling in my belly is going down. Unflavored Water is kinda hard to get in. Idk why... Noticed when I feel full it kinda feels like a little bit of pressure on my chest. Nothing like the band feeling but not quite a full feeling either. So far I haven't had any cravings for anything and I'm not in any sort of Great Depression about missing food. This is not like any diet I've ever experienced. My energy is up. I don't miss food. It doesn't even look good at this stage. Soup is yummy and I'm satisfied completely. It's truly a miracle.

Hi There please keep me updated I have surgery on 1/14 and am freaking out I also am doing the sleeve! I have no idea how to take care of myself after the surgery as far as food goes so I'm keeping this for encouragement please post and I hope all goes well for you!

My sleeve is the day after yours, and I feel EXACTLY like you. I woke up this am in a panic thinking "is it too late to pull out?". I calmed down, but still am bracing myself. Somebody, please tell us that it won't be so bad!! ;)

Linda Welker, it will be 10 times easier than you expect! Good luck!

My sleeve is the day after yours, and I feel EXACTLY like you. I woke up this am in a panic thinking "is it too late to pull out?". I calmed down, but still am bracing myself. Somebody, please tell us that it won't be so bad!! ;)

oh gosh girl I was sooo scared! But I have to tell you, I am in the medical field and I see everyday what will happen to a person who doesn't get the weight off and believe me, it's way way scarier. I just HAD to do it. At 41 yrs old and being overweight every single day of my 41 yrs, it was obvious if there was any possible way that I could have done this on my own I would have long ago. Think positive thoughts only. Push away all the negative and know in your heart that you are making the best decision for you. Oh and.. It's not that bad!! Lol

My surgery is Monday morning 1/6. Next 2 days liquid only. Glad to see others are anxious about it too. I can't believe it's finally here. Started this process July 29.

I'm getting sleeved on Tuesday 1/07 in San Antonio, Tx. I'm extremely nervous and hope I can adjust to transition!!!!

Anyone with pointers would be greatly appreciated..

I'm getting sleeved on Tuesday 1/07 in San Antonio, Tx. I'm extremely nervous and hope I can adjust to transition!!!!

Anyone with pointers would be greatly appreciated..

Mike I was sleeved dec 30. I feel like I haven't surgery 5 days later. Just relax. The worst for me was getting the anesthesia to wear off. Goodluck!!

I was grocery shopping 4 days after surgery. You will be amazed! The unknown was what was scary, but just relax and it will happen. Ask questions and everyone will help you!

I'm getting sleeved Wednesday! I'm so nervous now and can't sleep. I'm afraid after surgery that since I can't get much Protein in that my blood sugar will drop and I can't eat something sugary to get it up! I'm so ready to be off this pre op diet thought. Full liquids for two weeks... It sucks and I'm so hungry!

I'm getting sleeved Wednesday! I'm so nervous now and can't sleep. I'm afraid after surgery that since I can't get much Protein in that my blood sugar will drop and I can't eat something sugary to get it up! I'm so ready to be off this pre op diet thought. Full liquids for two weeks... It sucks and I'm so hungry!

I ordered protein from Unjury and it's the best I've ever had tastes nothing like any Protein Shake I've ever tried get some of that. chocolate splendor is yummy and so is the chicken Soup flavor. I'm ordering some unflavored too so I can mix it in anything to keep the protein up. Maybe u can keep some lil things if apple juice too for the blood sugar. Hopefully once u lose weight u won't have to worry about diabetes anymore if u are type two. Don't worry most of all keep yourself busy. I know I was a wreck too before hand but really I see now that that was not helping matters. U can do this.

I ordered Protein from Unjury and it's the best I've ever had tastes nothing like any Protein Shake I've ever tried get some of that. chocolate splendor is yummy and so is the chicken Soup flavor. I'm ordering some unflavored too so I can mix it in anything to keep the protein up. Maybe u can keep some lil things if apple juice too for the blood sugar. Hopefully once u lose weight u won't have to worry about diabetes anymore if u are type two. Don't worry most of all keep yourself busy. I know I was a wreck too before hand but really I see now that that was not helping matters. U can do this.

I have enjoyed reading your Journal. Congratulations! You remind me of the basics. Thanks

Edited by Ballermom