Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

Hi everyone! I'm going to be going through Dr. Hart at True Results in Atlanta. I will be self pay (part finance / part cash) so I have less hoops to jump through.

Last week I did my blood work, ekg, and chest x-ray / upper gi. Next week I will be meeting with the nutritionist and I will be ready to go! However, I do not intend to have the surgery until late October / early November. I'm trying to save up cash right until the last minute and I also have a packed schedule where I can't take any time off from work just yet.

I look forward to reading everyone's posts!

Hi, CC!! Welcome. Your surgery date will be here so soon. Time has just flown for me from the day I had my initial consultation until right now! There are a lot of people here with answers to questions, and even questions of their own that will make you think.

I'm from LaGrange, GA.

Hi, I am from Gainesville, Ga and will be going to Mexico for surgery on 9-9-09. I started my pre-op diet Monday. I keep going back and forth between being really excited to finally be getting this done - to being really nervous - about complications, failing, Mexico..... I have really enjoyed reading alot of the messages on Lapband Talk and seeing how many people have had great success with their bands but then I will read a couple of negative ones and all my doubt comes back.

Hi, I am from Gainesville, Ga and will be going to Mexico for surgery on 9-9-09. I started my pre-op diet Monday. I keep going back and forth between being really excited to finally be getting this done - to being really nervous - about complications, failing, Mexico..... I have really enjoyed reading alot of the messages on Lapband Talk and seeing how many people have had great success with their bands but then I will read a couple of negative ones and all my doubt comes back.

Hang in there it will be fine we all have our doubts but this something you really want don't let anyone else's experiences sway you.

I like in Oakwood Ga, south of you so when you get back let me know I would love to help you. I have had ups an downs like many on the board but I would not trade it for anything else. This has worked for me. My Dr is Dr Daly at Northside he is awesome. There has been many people on this board that have been to Mexico and has have great success you will be fine. :blushing:

1dayatatime- Thank you so much for the encouragement! If you don't mind, I have a few questions. How long have you been banded and have you had any serious problems with your band? Which band did you get? Again, thank you!

Hi,

I'm from LaGrange, GA. I have had everything done that I need except my 6 month weight management program. What made you decide to go Mexico instead of a local surgeon? I'm just curious.

Chubbymemaw

My insurance started covereing WLS in 2008 so I started the process then but my insurance required 5 years of Dr records showing a BMI of over 40 and I only had 2007-2009 - the years before that were in the 30's and they denied coverage. I just couldn't see waiting 2 more years of not losing any weight - just so I could show 5 yrs over 40BMI so I starting checking into Self-pay and my dr didn't offer any discounts for self-pay and it was going to cost $21k so I started searching on the internet and found the surgeries in Mexico to be 50% or less what it cost in the US and though I had no idea you could go to Mexico to have surgery. I still have some fears about it - but I just couldn't see spending $20K on it here vs $7K in MX- and I couldn't wait 2 more yrs on my insurance. I hope I am happy with my decision afte 9-9-09! Good luck to you on your journey!

I don't blame you. I hate waiting 6 months for a weight management program. If I had to wait 2 years I would be a little upset. My doctor does it for $12,000 at this time. I can't afford self pay so I'm trying to meet all of the insurance company's requirements. Of course, that doesn't mean they will approve me then.

how you doing with your band.im james nichols i live in columbus also and i was banded on feb 25 2009

jnic9761@hotmail.com

Hi James,

I was hoping to have my surgery in October or November. My insurance company is now requiring me to go on a 6 month weight management program. We are leaving tomorrow for vacation, so I guess I'll check into a program week after next. How are you doing with your band? Did you have it done in Columbus?

1dayatatime- Thank you so much for the encouragement! If you don't mind, I have a few questions. How long have you been banded and have you had any serious problems with your band? Which band did you get? Again, thank you!

I have been banded since 07/02/2008. I have no problems and to be honest I think I have the realize band but I forgot to tell you the truth. I will see if I can find out and get back with you later.

Sorry I work all day on a computer and have not felt like even checking my email at home until today. I am usually much better than this :w00t:

Hey yall, im from Lawrenceville, Ga, almost Suwanee. Im 33 was banded on 7/30/09 . im 5/4 i was 236lbs to start. and im down 19lbs as of this morning. I used Dr. William Johnson in Johns Creek. I have not had a fill yet, im do on 9/9/09 , i can't wait. :frown:

I hope I am happy with my decision afte 9-9-09!

When R you leaving to go to Mexico? Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you let me know when you get back!!