Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

I checked with Atlanta Bariatrics and they will evaluate your post op report if you have the surgery with another doctor and then decide if they will take you as a patient. They charge $150 for fills. I'm considering going to CO for my surgery because I am self pay.

I can imagine just what you are saying. I got banded yesterday & came home today. I am hungry already (lol). I am on the 3 wks liquids. Wow, this will be challeging. I have some gas pains & a little tenderness, but hopefully all will be ok in a few days. I will basically be doing this on my own; my 1st fill will be in about 4 wks too. How have you managed? :tongue2:

Tainabj -

Just wanted to say "Hi!". I'm a patient of Dr. Steinberg also and was banded 08/07/08. Congratulations to you and hang in there! By the way, don't worry about the fill! I'll be having my 3rd on the 27th. :blink:

Ladies:

I'm from law'ville. Considering banding after a failed stapling 12 yrs ago. Would love anyone's advise...

• Anyone a redo out there?
  • Anyone on Kaiser HMO (a LONG shot for payment, I know).
  • How much does a self pay cost?
  • Who are the best doctors?
  • Anyone treated at the Obesity clinic in Gainesville?

Would love your help!!

Snowboots...how are you doing? I'm considering using Dr. Hart. I just went to the first informational appt. I didn't go to the seminar due to scheduling problems. Should I try to get to one of those?

Tell me everything you can about Dr. Hart and your experience. Do you know how many lapbands Dr. Hart has done?

Does anyone know if it's important to try to get a certain 'brand' of lapband? I see them mentioned on the board, and I'm wondering if there's any real difference.

Thanks in advance y'all. This board has been VERY helpful!!! I read EVERY post!

Work in Progress...I'm in Conyers too!

Hi to all the bandsters! My name is Dawn and I went to the doctor today and was told that I could go ahead so know that I am looking for a surgeon to make my first appt? Anyone have any suggestions to help me make a decision?:cursing:

Hi to all the bandsters! My name is Dawn and I went to the doctor today and was told that I could go ahead so know that I am looking for a surgeon to make my first appt? Anyone have any suggestions to help me make a decision?:bored:

Where in Georgia are you?

Good luck, redcat. Nice to know I'm not the only one in Conyers obsessed with this website. It's so informative. My surgery is scheduled for May 14th. It'll be here before I know it. I was signed up for the informational seminar with Dr. Hart last week but I canceled after I found out my insurance won't cover weight loss surgery. I'll be traveling to Colorado to see Dr. Kirschenbaum for my surgery.

work in progress....who is your insurance with?

What is your BMI...and do you have co-morbidities?

Dr's office said I would have to be self pay...but after chatting on this site, I'm wondering if I should try for insurance. My BMI is 35, and (this is a stretch) I have arthritis (like anyone my age) and I take an antidepressant... Don't know whether to try for insurance...but if that's hopeless...I want to go ahead with surgery. I'm psyched for February!....

redcat...my BMI is 36 and I also have depression and back pain, hip pain, etc (arthritis). My insurance plan doesn't cover any weight loss surgery. I'm going to Colorado for my surgery because the self pay cost in Georgia is too high. I will get my follow up care in Atlanta. You can email me and I'll give you the details. szbrown@bellsouth.net

Am from Mcdonough Georgia..Got my approval for lapband Feb 09-09..Started my post opt diet Feb 13th-09..That is the worst part the diet...Geesh went from eating regular food to just liquid now..I dont like it so much cause it makes me feel full(which I know is gonna happen, all that liquid)but its a hard thing to go through, but I know in the long run it will be well worth it..But my surgery is set for Feb 26th-09..I cant wait..I am happy and nervous at the same time..I will keep ya posted...

On the way to a new me...

:tongue2::rose:

I am a Georgia Girl - Getting banded tomorrow! I went to the seminar back in Oct, went through all of the consults and then had to wait about a month and a half for my insurance to sign off.

It doesn't seem real at all...

BTW - I think I have already said hi in this thread but am coming out of lurkdom.

Good luck Sommerbrez and Vala on your upcoming surgeries! Please keep us posted on how everything is going for you.