Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum and I am also new to GA. Doing my research and trying to get my bearings....I am covered by ins but I have to do the 6 month thing.

Welcome to Georgia and the forum. Have you attended any seminars yet? Where in Atlanta do you live? I live in Lilburn. What doctor(s) are you considering? Good luck on your journey. I don't regret for one second that I had the surgery.

Hi, I am in Mcdonough,GA.. I got banded feb26th-09, just this past week..I am doing great now..Just the 2 liquid diets before and after are what gets me..But with Protein Shakes it helps with being less hungry..I have BC/BS and they paid for my surgery, I didnt have to do the 6month thingy..I had to see and psy dr and Nutrition dr..after that I had to wait for approval and it all fell into place..Got approved and within a week got my surgery date and now I am finally banded..I also had to attend a seminar, So all in all took me 3 months..But is so worth it..I have lost 15lbs so far..But if you have any questions let me know..Am new to myself with the band, but I am always glad to talk to anyone about lapband...Good Luck...

Sommer was banded on Feb26th-09

wooohooo

Welcome to Georgia and the forum. Have you attended any seminars yet? Where in Atlanta do you live? I live in Lilburn. What doctor(s) are you considering? Good luck on your journey. I don't regret for one second that I had the surgery.

Thanks so much for the welcome. I live in Riverdale at the moment. Haven't been to any seminars as of yet but I have an appointment I think on the 10th. No doctors as of yet so I'm still in the beginning stages.

Hi, I am in Mcdonough,GA.. I got banded feb26th-09, just this past week..I am doing great now..Just the 2 liquid diets before and after are what gets me..But with Protein Shakes it helps with being less hungry..I have BC/BS and they paid for my surgery, I didnt have to do the 6month thingy..I had to see and psy dr and Nutrition dr..after that I had to wait for approval and it all fell into place..Got approved and within a week got my surgery date and now I am finally banded..I also had to attend a seminar, So all in all took me 3 months..But is so worth it..I have lost 15lbs so far..But if you have any questions let me know..Am new to myself with the band, but I am always glad to talk to anyone about lapband...Good Luck...

Sommer was banded on Feb26th-09

wooohooo

Where did you get banded?

HI Dee Dee, welcome to our forum. I'm Susie, I live in Conyers. My surgery is scheduled for May 14th and I can hardly wait for that day to arrive. I'm self pay and I will be flying to Denver, CO to have my surgery with Dr. Gerald Kirschenbaum. These forums are a wonderful source of information.

Hi everyone!!! I'm a GEORGIA girl in Fairburn. Just starting out with the "band process"..I am going to the seminar with Dr Titus Duncan on the 21st of March. Really excited about it..ready to get rid of this other person that has been riding my back for the past 20 years!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!!! I'm a GEORGIA girl in Fairburn. Just starting out with the "band process"..I am going to the seminar with Dr Titus Duncan on the 21st of March. Really excited about it..ready to get rid of this other person that has been riding my back for the past 20 years!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Duncan was my surgeon. Although it was a slow process getting approved---- it has all worked out.

There were a few negative post(on another site) about his office staff but I have really been pleased honestly. The only thing that was hard of me was going home 2 hours after surgery. I did feel like I was pushed out the door. lol

And Lori is a godsend.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much for your reply!! I am so excited!!! I will keep u posted on how everything goes.

HI FELLOW GEORGIANS,

I AM GLAD TO SEE WE HAVE A LOCAL BLOG SITE. I WAS BANDED ON 3/18/09 AND AM 3 DAYS POST-OP AND FEELING GREAT THE FIRST DAY I FELT A LITTLE DISCOMFORT AT THE INCISION SITE AND SOME GAS PAIN WHICH BOTH ARE RESOLVING. I AM FOLLOWING MY DR.'S DIET PLAN I'M NOT REALLY HUNGRY, BUT JUST HAVING TO COOK FOR MY FAMILY WILL PROBABLY BE MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE WHILE I'M ON CLEAR LIQUIDS!!! WISH ME LUCK, AND I WISH YOU GUYS ALL THE LUCK IN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY

DIVAINMYFORTIES:smile:

Welcome Devein, sounds like you're doing great with your band. My surgery is scheduled for May 14th. What part of Georgia are you in? What surgeon did you use? Keep up the great work!

I'm in Stone Mountain, GA I used Dr. Daly and he did a great job! I only have one incision so my recovery seemed to be easy It was done at Northside Hospital and the staff there was great. Dr. Daly likes you to stay in the hospital for at least 23 hrs so you can be monitored closely which honestly I didn't mind at all.

So far at 10 days post-op I'm 10lbs down and I feel great!!:)

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH GOD WHO STRENGTHENS ME"

Hello all! I'm considering going to Mexico for my band, too. I went to a True Results clinic, but my insurance specifically excludes all weight loss surgery - so I'll be self-pay. It's nice to see some GA folks on here.:)

Augusta, GA area here....although I live just across the river in SC, I work and spend most of my time in Augusta. I am having my surgery on the 31st of March...3 days away! GAWD! Is it FINALLY happening???

I am excited and scared at the same time, although I am assured that this is normal...hehe.

Good luck to you all that have or are going to have the surgery, and throw a little of that luck back my way, too!

Hello, i am from GA, i am with Emory Johns creek Dr Johson, i got my approval and i am waiting for my approval letter so i can schedule. It took me 5 denials and a year later to get Aetna approval and now they are taking their sweat time to send me the letter.