Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

hi! Has anyone used Dr. Turton in Lagrange, GA?

Hi, I'm from Albany, Ga and was banded on 4/21/09 and so far so good, Dr. Burnette at Albany Surgical placed my band at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. I did the Sugar Busters Diet 2 weeks pre-op and now I'm doing liquids and next week start mushies, and am I excited. Overall the surgery was fine I had very little gas and no nausea they take plenty of precautions for that. I will have my first fill on 6/2 and hopefully won't be to hungry before that. Good luck to all of those getting banded in the future.

Theresa :)

Hey everyone , i am from Norcross , GA yea there doesn't seem to be very many banders on this site from GA maybe because they thought it was too negative.,...lol There is a lot and i mean alot of negative stuff on this site about banding and it would make anyone run scared...lol But RNY is for some people an dnot for others and same with banding, everyones body is different but I still am looking forward to having mine , I to am going to go through Dr d' and dr.hobsons office in Atlanta, hopefully we canna ll keep in touch and check with eachother on our journey's

Hi Drkangel, I live in Conyers and I'll be having my surgery in 11 days! I'm so excited. I have learned alot from lapbandtalk, it's a great resource for info and for support. Good luck in your journey.

Hey work in progress, yeah I bounce between here and obesityhelp.com they are both great I have gotten alot of info , who is doing or did your band? add me as a friend I have no idea how to do that yet on here that way we can keep in touch through our journey I just called and today and got an appointment for my PCP tom trying to get a head start on the tests.

I am using Dr.Duncan's office too I am in Norcross.... I just started the process a couple days ago and i have done my ekg, blood work, scheduled my nutrition apt on the 18th and Phyc eval on the 28th. Have you gone to the seminar yet?

GRRRRRRR I really hate that some threads go from old to new and some go from new to old then one day you start replying and realize you are posting to way old messages ...***sigh*** like I just did sorry guys ...lol

Hey drkangel101, Did you get banded with Dr. Duncan? How was your experience? Peactree Surgical and Bariatrics just submitted my packet to my insurance carrier for approval. I am very excited. I briefly met Dr. Duncan at his seminar, finished my pre-op requirements in record time and looking forward to my consult. His office's approach is different in you having to have everything done and submitted before he sees you but I understand he just wants to see those that are truely serious about the surgery. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi ladies!! I too am being banded by Dr Duncan. Just got my surgery date on friday. Will be banded on 8 5 09. My first appt with Dr Duncan is 7 20 09. I was very frustrated at first that I didn't get to meet him before the paperwork was submitted but luckily, even if for some god awful reason, i am not to happy with him when i meet him, changing drs is not that big of a deal..ur approval apporved the surgery and as long as u are using a participating provider, everything else is COOL!!! wishing u ladies the best!!!! keep me posted!:)

I live in Conyers. Dr. Chris Hart did my surgery (through True Results on Peachtree Dunwoody). Love Dr. Hart. Not the chattiest guy you'll ever meet, but he's incredibly patient and will sit and answer questions as long as you have them. Sista, I didn't meet Dr. Hart until 2 weeks before my surgery but that was really okay. Pretty much all your contact post op is with the staff rather than the surgeon and they are the people that count. A surgeon with an excellent reputation can get the band in safely but an excellent support staff will take you through the rest of it comfortably.

Hello, I am going to be a self pay too...and have been considering Mexico, however, what do you do about fills? Where do you go and how much are they per fill?

I go to Fill USA. They come to an office in Roswell 2 times a month and have been very good. If you haven't chosen a doctor yet I highly recommend Time 4 Change website and Dr. Zappata. he was great. Good Luck : ) I pay $ 120.00 to fill USA and then they use a fluroscopy machine to see the fill and I pay $160 to them.

Edited by dshyre

Saw Dr. Duncan for the first time today... He was great!!! My husband (who is very nervous about surgery in general) had alot of questions and Dr. Duncan pulled up a chair and spent a great deal of time going over all of my husband's questions and explaining exactly what the process is like. He is so full of knowledge..I was VERY nervous until I met him now I am sooo much more relaxed and so is my husband!!! Good Luck ladies!!!:smile: