Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Probably gonna tick some people off.......lol

Okay, I see all these posts where people freak out because they ate something they shouldn't have. Yes, we are supposed to eat ALOT of Protein, which I do. And, we're supposed to drink lots of Water, which I try to do, we're not supposed to drink out of a straw, which I do, I haven't died or had any more pain than not, we're not supposed to eat bread, which I have a couple of times, it hasn't made me sick, if I have a craving for a cookie, I eat it. The bottom line is even if you slip and eat a little of something you're not supposed to , it's not going to ruin your life or end your results. The truth is you will never be able to sit and eat a whole bag of doritoes or a whole package of oreos again. You're stomach will not allow it. So don't freak out because you "slipped" a little, just realize you're human and you're losing weight no matter what.

Now for all you haters out there go ahead and blow me out of the Water with your drama, I know it's coming. ........lol

Actually your stomach will allow you to eat a bag of Doritos because it's a slider food. Or any chips for that matter.

It does seem like you started this thread just to be confrontational. But hey, to each his own. Sounds like you have it all figured out.

Happy New Year!

Edited by endless80

ACTUALLY, my stomach will not allow it. After 2 or 3 bites, I'm done. I seriously cannot eat anymore. Maybe I'm different. No, I don't have it all figured out. But, I also don't slam someone for "slipping." It happens, well, to me anyway. I guess you're one of the "strong" ones. I, for one, am not. I slip, I confess, and guess what, I'm STILL losing weight.........lol.

Not really sure what a slider food is. Because nothing just slides right through me........lol

Oh, and, no, I'm not a confrontational person at all. Just sick of seeing all these people remarking on other people's comments about how awful they are and how they shouldn't have even had the surgery if they're going back to old habits.

I agree with you pjackson. I was craving a choc chip cookie yesterday and I had one. It was delicious and I'm glad I ate it. I didn't die and I am fine this morning. Like my husband said "for your sanity, you should eat the cookie". Cindy

I ate 4 chocolate chip Cookies yesterday. haha. And on Monday I had an entire bag of Doritos (it was the small bag from a vending machine). I'm only 3 1/2 months out so give it time folks. You'll be able to eat it all in no time.

But that doesn't mean we should encourage it. Some people around these parts have serious health issues related to consuming bad foods and/or food addictions. These boards are a safe place. I always support balance as much as possible instead of elimination.

Edited by endless80

I must have missed the negative comments. We are only accountable to ourselves and God, if you want eat a darn cookie eat it!

Let's see, you are also only 2 months out. You WILL be able to eat lots of chips,Cookies, crackers, chocolate these are all slider foods. What is sad that you are even attempting to eat a cookie at 2 months out. You will see as time moves on...................good luck.

ACTUALLY, my stomach will not allow it. After 2 or 3 bites, I'm done. I seriously cannot eat anymore. Maybe I'm different. No, I don't have it all figured out. But, I also don't slam someone for "slipping." It happens, well, to me anyway. I guess you're one of the "strong" ones. I, for one, am not. I slip, I confess, and guess what, I'm STILL losing weight.........lol.

Not really sure what a slider food is. Because nothing just slides right through me........lol

Nothing was a slider for me until about 8 months out. chips are very easy to eat too much of now. It's a dangerous game testing the sleeve and relying solely on it. When you're able to eat more after about six months, you'll wish you had started making those life changes sooner. I've had days where I eat crap every 2 hours......it's the addict in me that is finding ways around the sleeve. Be very careful. At two months out it should be easy to resist because the novelty hasnt worn off yet. But this struggle is lifelong.

I am not saying this for pity or to be confrontational. This is just MY truth. I can (and have) eat slider foods easily. Not to the extreme quantity I once was able, but much easier than I can eat Protein. I have struggled with stopping now that I started. There may be people who can limit their self to just one, I am not that type person. As the poster said above, be careful. I am just over two months out and already find slider food easy to eat, so I am very worried about 4, 6, 8 months out! This is my addiction. I have fought it and have been able to lose 62lbs since August. ( both before and after surgery) But I am still morbidly obese. I still need to lose about 118lbs. If I don't get a grip on my addiction again, it will win. I didn't have major surgery for that to happen. I would never beat anyone up for doing something I have done. I just say remember how we all got to this point to begin with. If control was easy for us would we really had needed the surgery?

I am a junkie, and I can't stop, so I just avoid. But whatever floats yer boat!

Seems that this post has caused its own drama!!! Shall we just say that everyone is different and leave it at that???? Happy Holidays everyone...

If you don't like confrontation it is not wise to set up a battle before you even state your reasoning. Give the people some credit for understanding and understand that haters are not rightfully classified as haters just because they disagree with you.

If you do like confrontation you did fine. ;)

I agree with your overall message.... We shouldn't freak out over a little slip. But you have no clue how life is gonna be this time next year....or the year after that. Your assertation that your sleeve won't allow you to eat high sugar food in large quantities is just plain wrong. Embrace healthy eating habits now while it's still easy. Cause later on it gets a lot harder.

I think you're looking for something in this thread. I'm not going to provide what you're looking for. Drama.

I will state to the others that read this post...I'm scared.

Yesterday I ate a cookie, 3 homemade caramels and Chex mix and I didn't have a physical reaction. I ate roast beef, some potato and a dinner roll...nothing. The only thing that upsets my sleeve is the bariatric Vitamins. So while I'm not screaming (or posting) "Oh my god I had a cookie, Is that OK?" or crying in the corner, I believe I have cause for concern.

I'm scared because I believe the limitations with regard to the types of food I eat I will not be provided by my sleeve. It scares me that there appears to be little my stomach won't tolerate. I will get the Portion Control from the sleeve, however, as evidenced by yesterday, I can eat around it.

Like Roo101769 states above, I'm not going to bash anyone for eating anything and certainly not for something I have done myself. While I enjoyed my Christmas day with my family and I did enjoy my Snacks, I am moving on. I have made my plan for the day - 3 meals, 3 Protein supplements and a trip to the gym.

Happy Holidays, all! And best wishes for a very, very good 2014!