Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have not been able to go to the bathroom!

MOM didn't work for me either. My dr told me to take 2 dulcolax and a bottle of magnesium citrate, but stay close to home. It took 7 more hours after taking these but it finally worked. Good luck.

MOM didn't work for me either. My dr told me to take 2 dulcolax and a bottle of magnesium citrate, but stay close to home. It took 7 more hours after taking these but it finally worked. Good luck.

Magnesium citrate? Do u get that from the drug store???

This is what I do. I always have some ducolax tabs on hand. (Yes they are a stimulant, but they work). If I'm totally full and haven't gone for awhile and need relief I will take 4 of them and within 3 hours I'm getting cleaned out. It does take awhile but works. I learned my lesson a few times so now take Miralax every other day to stay regular. This works nicer than a bottle of Mag citrate. Good Luck

Two doses of milk of magnesia might be needed. It took two for me one week postop.

Yes magnesium

Citrate is the clear liquid that most drs have you drink to clean out your system before other surgeries. It's by the laxatives at the drug store and Walmart but its powerful.

as long as you are passing gas, you may just be constipated. If you are not passing gas along without having a BM, then there may be something else wrong.

Colace

Two capsules

I had the runs day 4-7 post op then a few occasions of regular poop then no no2 at all day 11-19

Day 19 for me today

I do feel a bit constipated but I'm not overly concerned as I'm still on full & Clear liquids have urine output each day and pass gas orally and from the bottom each day

I'll see how it goes over the next few days

I have not been able to either my stomach is hurting now. I'm 10 days post op. I called my doctors nurse yesterday and he said drink more Water which I started but I still can't use the restroom. Don't know what to do next =\

I'm 14 days out and it had been 10 days for me. I finally after trying other things, did a fleets enema today. Feel like a new woman!!! Lol

I am now 8 days out. My surgeon suggested Miralax twice a day for the next few days. If nothing happens, a Fleet Enema available at your drug store is next

I'm 14 days out and it had been 10 days for me. I finally after trying other things, did a fleets enema today. Feel like a new woman!!! Lol

Woohoo lucky you!!!

Magnesium citrate? Do u get that from the drug store???

magnesium citrate is a good idea and you can buy it from drug or natural stores.

I prefer a product called "natural calm":

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitality-Calm-Raspberry-Lemon/dp/B00BSXL368/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388537441&sr=8-2&keywords=magnesium+raspberry

There are many reasons why you would want to use such a product in addition to BM help. For example, I use it to replenish magnesium levels in the muscles after intense exercise to prevent a build up of Calcium that can lead to cramping. I will leave it to you to read about the benefits on the Amazon product page. Most people do not realize they have a deficiency in magnesium until faced with some condition. It is good stuff. Read all about it. :)

Other approaches are to use a stool softener, drink coffee (caffeine stimulates the smooth muscle leading to immediate desirable response), MOM, chia seeds, Fiber supplementation, etc. you will find a lot of help in the forums because this is a very popular and ever present topic.

Edited by Fiddleman