Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

Not allowed any nuts until 6 months out.. Concerns of intestinal blockage or them getting into staple line... I live on shrimp and get a lot of protein.. Just no cocktail sauce as it is high in sugar... Lite string cheese wrapped in a piece of boiled ham ... Pan seared whitefish... Isopure Protein Drink or Quest Protein bar.. Good luck.. It was hard for me as I hadn't eaten meat for years

Amy c does the little thing you are blogging your food on count the Protein? I have the app ! Gonna try and get some things from Bariatric Advantage this coming tues! My mom who is 67 will be having surgery feb 12

Not allowed any nuts until 6 months out.. Concerns of intestinal blockage or them getting into staple line... I live on shrimp and get a lot of protein.. Just no cocktail sauce as it is high in sugar... Lite string cheese wrapped in a piece of boiled ham ... Pan seared whitefish... Isopure Protein drink or Quest protein bar.. Good luck.. It was hard for me as I hadn't eaten meat for years

I have no trouble w/cocktail sauce. I cut my shrimp into little bite-sized pieces , add a tablespoon of cocktail sauce, and stir it around to coat all the pieces. If you eat protein with a little sugar it helps counteract any effects it would have if you had the sugar alone. That little bit is just enough to make it very tasty! :-)

Amy c does the little thing you are blogging your food on count the Protein? I have the app ! Gonna try and get some things from Bariatric Advantage this coming tues! My mom who is 67 will be having surgery feb 12

Yes...bariatric pal....if you swipe the screen to the right there is a nutrition tab that calculates different bits and protien is one of them. Makes it so easy

Yes...bariatric pal....if you swipe the screen to the right there is a nutrition tab that calculates different bits and protien is one of them. Makes it so easy

I lied...its my fitness pal.

I would have a difficult time if I couldn't eat nuts and I am only a month out.

Same story here. My Doctor said I need 1000 calories a day which is not happening... Not even close. I went into surgery on 12/16 at 325 pounds... I just hit 290 today. Feel like I should have lost more by now.

Ha, on a big food day, I think I hit 300 calories! Then if I add in exercise, I sometimes net in negative calories. I need to make an appt with my nut. I think I'm not doing something right.

I have a question for all of you. I'm having pain on my right side in between my incisions. It's a burning pain it feels like something is ripping off of my abdomen from the inside. It's really bad when I stand up, I have to hold myself. Any thoughts of what this could be??

I have a question for all of you. I'm having pain on my right side in between my incisions. It's a burning pain it feels like something is ripping off of my abdomen from the inside. It's really bad when I stand up, I have to hold myself. Any thoughts of what this could be??

I had the same pain not sure exactly why- an abdominal binder really helped.

I am 17 days out and this pain started yesterday and hurt so bad today, same spot. I am thinking it's either a spot healing or intentional gas. Sometimes a spot might hurt worse as it heals. . Mine burns too

Thanks for your suggestions, I think I'll look into getting a binder.

I had pain on my right side and it could be your muscles where your incision is. My fat flipping and pulling on them didn't help.

I assume that we aren't suppose to be at 1000 cal til at least our pouch matures and I thought that was closer at a year out? Any thoughts on this?

I have a HUGE concern that I hope my fellow December 2013 surgery buddies can help me with.... I had my surgery 12/19/13 and since then I have only lost 25 lbs ! I put my beginning weight as the weight I was when I began the program in June 2013, I lost around 60 lbs in those six months before surgery and now since my bypass I am going NOWHERE !! The losses come in spurts where I stay the same for about 2 weeks then drop 5 lbs then stay the same and drop again !!! This is maddening ! I feel I HAVE to be doing something wrong. My Nuts. said we should have 75g of Protein a day and at least 800 cal. I am ALWAYS around 80g of protein a day and about 900-1000 cal. (She said keep it between 800-1200). I walk about 3xs a week. (I was sedimentary) and am increasing my exercise to include Water aerobics and swimming. Why am I not dropping the weight ??? Is it because I lost before the surgery??? I feel like I am doomed for failure, I have ALOT to lose and can't be petering-out already ! HELP !!!!

Edited by Micheleeisenhour

Hello everyone. I'm back. I have not been doing very well. I have been having a lot of trouble with urinating post surgery. I didn't give it a lot of thought because I know that I am very sensitive to catheters and it takes me a while to get back to normal. I also didn't think a lot about it because I have been on antibiotics for a sinus infection so I figured I was covered. WRONG. I started having unbelievable swelling in my legs. I'm talking about they where so swollen I couldn't bend my knees, ankles or I couldn't even wiggle my toes. I could barely walk due to the pain in my lower extremities. I felt like my skin was going to split open. Then along with all of that was this excruciating lower back pain. No pain medication in the world would help with the pain. I was taking lasix like tic tacs with not much happening. Finally after my third doctor finally did a urine specimen and they called and said that I had a bladder infection. I couldn't believe it. I mean I have been on three different antibiotics since my surgery trying to kill this sinus infection and none of those would work for a bladder infection. Anywho after my second dose of the right antibiotic the swelling started coming down and I was able to urinate on my own without having to get in all kinds of different positions just to eek out a little drizzle. Just had to share my story I don't know why. Thanks for reading. It has also put me in a very down place. I just feel like.......