Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

AmyC123, you look amazing! So excited for everyone's progress. I had my RNY Dec 2 and have lost 38pounds so far. The weight loss is slowing down now but the inches are coming off faster than I anticipated so running out of clothes to wear. Thts a great problem to have. I'm getting my Water and Protein in daily. I use Myfitnesspal to keep up with wht I eat and drink. Have recently gone back to 24 hr fitness where I've been a faithful paying monthly dues but haven't seen it's door since my second pregnancy in 2006! Woohoo!

I'm so hopeful for tomorrow and proud of the path I've chosen for me. It's about time I took care of me!

Here's to all of us! Cheers

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words, did better today! One day at a time!

Hello all, I had my surgery Dec. 19th. and have only loss 16lb.? Had GBP. Feeling good, but i feel like I should be loosing a little more.

Hi, I had surgery the 19th too. Remember that was only 24 days ago, so down 16 is good! I think you may be like me...impatient!! But I have to remind myself it took 40 years to put it on, so it's not going to be gone overnight, right? I've lost 23, BUT that includes the 8 I put on from surgery, which was water/gas weight and doesn't really count. The main thing is whether your doc thinks all is going to plan. Although I'm a bit frustrated, my doc is extremely pleased. Keep the faith and follow your doc's instructions! It will work!!

Here is my first comparrison pic!! Down 56 lbs since my pre-op liquid diet...had gastric bypass on 12/17. Woot woot!! I still have a long way to go, but stoked to actually see a difference! !

You can totally see a difference!! We are all so hard on ourselves, and we see ourselves every day, so it's hard to recognize change, but you have a great idea here - take a pic of your face every month!

i would have to agree with Mkmb2006. I at first wanted it to come off fast but then I got to thinking maybe slower is better then the skin can go back with the loss. So now I am happy with the small amounts as long as it keeps falling is all that I care. But I do also get frustrated from time to time. We can do this and help each other.

Day 12 post so bored and just blah feeling-it's the weekend and I miss food. Tired of not feeling hungry or feeling hungry and having to eat the same boring food or 2 bites of something that takes me 30 minutes to cook- I feel like crying screaming or something Just venting...

Edited by Cherryhair

Day 12 post so bored and just blah feeling-it's the weekend and I miss food. Tired of not feeling hungry or feeling hungry and having to eat the same boring food or 2 bites of something that takes me 30 minutes to cook- I feel like crying screaming or something Just venting...

I hear you! I'm trying to think of things to do, like new hobbies, to fill the time I used to spend on food and eating. Any ideas?

I hear ya on the boring food and being upset. Sick of yogurt or applesauce and Soups. But it beats the pain and puking everytime I try to chew real food and it doesnt work. We all have to remember we have baby tummy now and for our future we are going to be so happy and healthy again. But I am with everyone on the frustration. :unsure:

I'm with you guys. My surgery was 12/31. I'm bored & hungry. I'm trying to stay positive but it's tough. It really helps me to look at before & after pics and to read NSV's. We'll get through this.

I wore pants today and for me that was a milestone! I could actually tell that I had lost. I will be on reg foods this coming Thursday and I think I am ready ! Not too sure what to eat though I guess make sure it's Protein packed. I know nuts are allowed but how far out do we gastric bypass people have to be before we try them?

Well I'm back gang. I fell off of the deep end for a few days. I was having a pitty party for one. Wondering have I made a mistake with having surgery. One of the things that I used to really enjoy was cooking wonderful meals for my family. I had got to a point where I was like they could fend for themselves. Why should I continue to cook these wonderful meals and not be able to eat a bite. I also wasn't seeing the scale move after my revision surgery to the RNY on December 10th. That was becoming very depressing. MySpace other health issues Rheumatoid arthritis, Fibromyalgia, adrenal insufficiency, and the immune deficiency seemed to have been exasperated here lately. That has had me really down. Also, like many of you; I'm tired of eating and drinking the same thing over and over again. It seems like when I try to advance to what my head says it wants to eat, my St says hell no. I'm just so frustrated here lately. I know that I just need to take a deep breath and kick myself in the ass. Lol.

Hey Stacey, glad you're back. Sounds like you are building that emotional strength! The cooking thing is interesting. I've been cooking and baking up a storm since I'm off work these few weeks. It's funny - I think I enjoy it more now because I'm not tasting along the way or eating the final product. This means no more guilt from eating 3 cookies' worth of dough before eating 3 baked ones...or consuming a Pasta meal enough for two (I would make a whole box for the two of us). I enjoy cooking for my husband - providing him a good meal and keeping him nourished and happy. That may sound old school, but for once I have the time to cook, and I don't have to worry about stuffing my own face or what is Weight Watchers friendly, what am I going to eat, etc? It's kind of like school uniforms - it may be the same every day, but it takes the daily worry out of what to wear!

I haven't had any feeling of regrets yet, but rather feelings of being freed from an overwhelming compulsion. These last 11 days are the first I can remember in my adult life in which I am not totally controlled by thoughts of eating. I made a lot of meals ahead of time for my husband and son for the freezer -- but I've found that I enjoy cooking still -- cooking is actually a different activity than eating! -- and I have taken to puréeing Proteins from these meals to freeze in small containers for later.

I have a very unusual question for you guys that I forgot to ask my surgeon. Now, my lap RNY isn't scheduled until January 16, but my husband and I were just curious as to when we could resume having a physical relationship following surgery. Any suggestions?