Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

I had surgery 12/31. I'm still a bit to sore to consider it yet, but it would certainly be possible. :-)

My surgeon said "at least three weeks" before a return to intimacy. Go with what your body is telling you. I had to have an incisional hernia repaired when I had my revision on 12/3. I am following everything to the letter this time around. I do not want another hernia.

My surgeon said "at least three weeks" before a return to intimacy. Go with what your body is telling you. I had to have an incisional hernia repaired when I had my revision on 12/3. I am following everything to the letter this time around. I do not want another hernia.

I've known a few people thatbhave had to have a hernia repair after....I'm curios as to why. May I ask?

I have an addiction I would like to share. I play spaces on pogo.com. it's a game were you actually play with 3 other real people on a forum and you get scores and colors for how good you are. That and a cup of coffee can be very enjoyable for the bored folks out there. Being 4 days post op I don't feel good enough yet to get back at it but y'all might love it!

Spades is what I meant to say

AmyC123

After I had the original RNY 18 years ago, I developed an incisional hernia along the 10 inch incision line. The surgeon tried to repair it with mesh two years later when he took my gallbladder out but it abscessed because I was allergic to the mesh. So, the revision surgery was easy but the hernia repair meant he had to open up my entire original incision, clear adhesions and lots of scar tissue, and then hand stitch the muscle wall. I am six weeks post op and I am still wearing my binder and babying the incision site.

Surgery date 12/30/13 and feeling pretty good today. I'm able to eat and drink fairly normally, a little nervous with how smoothly food and Water goes down before I get "tight". I have to be careful I sense. The surgery is interesting, to be much more aware of myself, it's like a foreign concept really. I used to just shovel it in, eating my meals in under five minutes on average. I barely tasted anything after the first bite. I consumed every meal as if I served time in prison or the military. I dare say friends, I might be learning to enjoy tasting my food? !?!

It's a beautiful thing.

AmyC123

After I had the original RNY 18 years ago, I developed an incisional hernia along the 10 inch incision line. The surgeon tried to repair it with mesh two years later when he took my gallbladder out but it abscessed because I was allergic to the mesh. So, the revision surgery was easy but the hernia repair meant he had to open up my entire original incision, clear adhesions and lots of scar tissue, and then hand stitch the muscle wall. I am six weeks post op and I am still wearing my binder and babying the incision site.

Oh my that sounds terrible!! Is that something that just kind happens....is there a way to avoid it?

Day 12 post so bored and just blah feeling-it's the weekend and I miss food. Tired of not feeling hungry or feeling hungry and having to eat the same boring food or 2 bites of something that takes me 30 minutes to cook- I feel like crying screaming or something Just venting...

Oh I hear you loud and clear! Sometimes I have regrets of doing this surgery. I am frustrated and tried. I get headaches faster and really want to eat a salad! The emotional roller coaster is not walk in the park either. I live alone and it is not fun. I think I think too much. If I get excited about a new food I make it and then it seems like two bites and it is over!! I amnwo thbya Cherryhair...screaming to the world!

I wore pants today and for me that was a milestone! I could actually tell that I had lost. I will be on reg foods this coming Thursday and I think I am ready ! Not too sure what to eat though I guess make sure it's Protein packed. I know nuts are allowed but how far out do we gastric bypass people have to be before we try them?

I am scared to eat nuts. I have been missing salt inn my lifestyle and found something to help me. cheese chips. I can season the cheese (no salt as cheese is salty) with different spices and then make small mounds (shredded cheese) on parchment paper and bake. They are the bomb that has protein. A little high protein bean dip and whalah a little snack.< /p>

What I am reading is simple, overeating is an addiction. The surgery is only the beginning. The depression comes on after surgery and before weight loss or at least before we are satisfied with our accomplishment.. eating now will be so much more enjoyable. This is my second attack at this, my first was lap band. I watched my husband do gastric and become beautiful in 8 months so I went on to this second surgery.

I am scared to eat nuts. I have been missing salt inn my lifestyle and found something to help me. cheese chips. I can season the cheese (no salt as cheese is salty) with different spices and then make small mounds (shredded cheese) on parchment paper and bake. They are the bomb that has Protein. A little high protein bean dip and whalah a little snack.< /p>

That's very interesting!

What temperature and how long?

I am scared to eat nuts. I have been missing salt inn my lifestyle and found something to help me. cheese chips. I can season the cheese (no salt as cheese is salty) with different spices and then make small mounds (shredded cheese) on parchment paper and bake. They are the bomb that has Protein. A little high protein bean dip and whalah a little snack.< /p>

Ohhhhh that sounds gooood!! I've roasted some chick peas for crunch....but I've been itching to eat refried Beans with something...that cheese would be perfect!! Yummmm!

I have a very unusual question for you guys that I forgot to ask my surgeon. Now, my lap RNY isn't scheduled until January 16, but my husband and I were just curious as to when we could resume having a physical relationship following surgery. Any suggestions?

Hey Jessie, my post-op instructions say, "sexual activity can be resumed as tolerated." lol, so clinical! But basically, just watch the pressure you put on your abdominal areas. Make sure to ask your doc! I had to go off the pill one month pre and post, and it's important to not get pregnant for a while, so you may want to ask about that too. (and good luck on Thursday!!).