Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

I also had mine on 12/31. I'm finally feeling human again this afternoon. Working on meeting my Fluid requirements. I have absolutely no interest in food. This is very new to me.

Kat

Congrats! And it is very strange. It is hard for me to get in fluids or Protein because I just don't want any thing. I could go all day but of course my surgeon just said..well would you like me to admit you now because the hospital is where you will be! Lol. Which I know but it's hard. I did much better today! So weird not wanting to eat anymore!!

I find myself being really fickle about my food! Like when y'all are talking about being not hungry I have to come up with things I can both have and want! Very hard!

I find myself being really fickle about my food! Like when y'all are talking about being not hungry I have to come up with things I can both have and want! Very hard!

11 months post op and what I want is still very bizarre at times. There are days where real meals are just repulsive (I had crackers and cheese for dinner last night....just one of those days)

This-I'll even go through the trouble of making something only to eat a teaspoon and decide I don't want it. It's hard to keep track of Protein when I'm only eating teaspoons periodically.

For what it's worth, I have multiple alarms set on my phone to remind me to eat and drink. I need them. Without them I've forgotten to eat and drink unless I see someone else eating or drinking.

Hi, i am new to this site and I am post op as of Nov 38, 2013. So far it all went really well just having some issues on know what to eat. I am good with Soups and soft liquids. Having a hard time remembering to eat slow and small tiny amounts. Seems i have to get sick allot when trying new things. The meds are the hardest to remember to take for me.

Hi, i am new to this site and I am post op as of Nov 38, 2013. So far it all went really well just having some issues on know what to eat. I am good with Soups and soft liquids. Having a hard time remembering to eat slow and small tiny amounts. Seems i have to get sick allot when trying new things. The meds are the hardest to remember to take for me.

Welcome! I think it's hard for all of us. I have to remember to be conscious of everything i put in my mouth. That's a totally new concept for me.

I know I am sick of protien shakes. I am going to buy baby spoons and forks and eat from snack plates, maybe that will help. I am actually really lucky in my small town there are allot of people I know who got this done so I can ask them. This site is nice though to be able to chat on when needing some help or support.

question though how do you put your tracker on like that

Edited by mcmann1

You can get the trackers from your account window. The editing of the tracker properties is a little clunky. Let me know if you need more help.

I'm having trouble getting my Water in if I could just gulp it life would be so easy it's the baby sips that are throwing me off

oh lord me too Water all my life has been an issue...plus now anything too cold bothers me, it almost has to be room temp

Strangely, plain Water tastes bad to me now. I can't even handle small amounts without a little lemon juice or something.

No im actually hungry and I know its hinger because it doesnt just come when I smell or cook food for my wife. Its random times and I be wanting real food. The shakes and liquid arent doing it for me. My tummy rumbles when I have gas this is actually the growling sound I had before surgery. The only thing that slightly holds me over are the sf popsicles but I cant munch those all day they have no Protein

Have u tried making ur own Popsicles using ur shakes? My mom makes Protein Shake Popsicles an they're really good and a great way to get in a low calorie high protein snack! :)

I called my dr office today because I honestly don't feel like I've had the surgery. I have no issues at all, I'm grateful for that. I think part of it is the fact that I did a ton of positive self-talk that I was going to have a great surgery with no issues. Anyway, my friend had the surgery 8 months ago, had many issues with not being able to eat, drink and was just really ill. I'm 1 week post op and I think I could totally go back to work though I'm not yet. I have struggled with not having the full feeling so wanting to eat more and not being super strict with what I'm supposed to eat per that weeks food listings. I called the office today just to make sure that this was all normal and they said yes but that I need to remember to protect my pouch. I have to just keep telling myself that. I don't know what happens if I overeat and what happens to the pouch but I don't want to find out.

I have dreams every night since surgery that I over eat. I dream of food. So weird. I never really realized how addicted to food I am... I never ate to survive... I ate for a 'fix'...