Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Doctor Wants Me To Eat More!

I was told to eat between 800-1200 calories a day. Protein 42g minimum. 65g maximum (he didn't want me to lose nutrients from the veg through being too Protein focussed). Carbs, he'd prefer I stayed away from anything 'beige'... But conceded that as I was fond of bread and pasta; as long as that was the last thing I ate in a meal, was a considerably small portion and it was wholegrain, he'd be happy.

I was sleeved on 19th September. So, 11.5 weeks ago? I can easily consume the calories. I deprive myself of nothing - but in saying that, I don't have a sweet tooth. If I'm craving something sweet, it's an Activia coconut and pineapple yoghurt. If its savoury, it's a half a piece of wholegrain bread, toasted, with ham and cheddar, some sliced onions, tomatoes and perhaps some sweetcorn - all shoved under the grill.

I was told - you have to eat, to lose the weight. I'm not a spectacularly fast loser. I have PCOS and some other health matters which will impact upon my loss - but I'm happy with my progress. Things are going in the right direction!

..............Although some parts of my anatomy seem to prefer moving in a Southerly direction!!

I eat about 1200 calories a day somedays more depending on how many treats I have..

Is it possible to count every single calorie? If I make tuna, little mayo (cause I do not like mayo), Mrs. Dash. Would I have to figure out the calories down to the seasoning? This is an example.

When my hubby does Atkins Induction, he counts the pepper (.35 gms carbs per 1/4 tsp -which is alot) puts on his eggs (.5 carbs per egg), the Splenda he puts in his coffee (1 gm per pkt), and yellow cheese (.5 gm per oz). I think it's silly to count right down to the .10 gms of carbs but it works for him.

The pepper part makes me laugh. He uses a micro amt of 1/4 of a tsp but he counts it anyway...

For those who have trouble with the bakery? From my experience you can't do much damage and it will make you feel like crap. I can do one yeast donut or half a cake donut or half a croissant or about 1/3 small slice of cheesecake. And all but the cheesecake make me feel like crap for an hour. Sometimes I decide to have something and then I count it and move on. No way could I finish a whole dozen Krispy Kreme anymore.

I am almost 5 months out and most days I cannot get to 650-700 calories. I am never hungry and I feel if I force myself to eat more than I already do, it would make me sick. I have enough energy and I meet my Protein requirements each day so I am not worried. I'm sure my appetite will increase soon enough so I want to take advantage of this time while I have it.

I am almost 5 months out and most days I cannot get to 650-700 calories. I am never hungry and I feel if I force myself to eat more than I already do, it would make me sick. I have enough energy and I meet my Protein requirements each day so I am not worried. I'm sure my appetite will increase soon enough so I want to take advantage of this time while I have it.

This is me too, except I am hungry at mealtimes. I don't feel like I'm starving myself, I would be over-stuffing myself to get more. There are certainly days when I'm hungrier than others and now, I can give myself permission to eat a little more those days. But the rest of the days, to exceed those calories will be over-eating to the point of being sick for me as well.

I feel like in a couple of months, the restriction will ease up and I'll be wishing for the days when I couldn't eat that much!

I eat 1200-1500 cals a day. I'm 10 months out and 95lbs down. My Dr wanted me at 1000cals from the beginning. Part of my calories comes from me eating regular, sweetened, full fat food. I don't use artificial sweeteners or low fat dairy (except milk, don't like whole milk). I get my Protein in my meals and fruits and veggies for a snack. I eat almost a completely clean diet and feel the best I ever have.

I am 9 months out and eat about 1100 calories a day. For those of you looking to increase your calories a tablespoon of Peanut Butter alone is 100 calories. For those of you on my fitness pal and you using the calorie count before or after excercise?

I am 9 months out and eat about 1100 calories a day. For those of you looking to increase your calories a tablespoon of Peanut Butter alone is 100 calories. For those of you on my fitness pal and you using the calorie count before or after excercise?

Thanks!

On myfitnesspal, I use the calorie count after exercise. But I don't exercise a lot so far, so it doesn't make a big change :-/

I eat 1200-1500 cals a day. I'm 10 months out and 95lbs down. My Dr wanted me at 1000cals from the beginning. Part of my calories comes from me eating regular, sweetened, full fat food. I don't use artificial sweeteners or low fat dairy (except milk, don't like whole milk). I get my Protein in my meals and fruits and veggies for a snack. I eat almost a completely clean diet and feel the best I ever have.

First of all, congratulations your loss! :-)

What do you do about carbs? What kind of carbs do you eat?

I have 5 to 6 meals and Snacks per day. That is the way that I have been able to get my Protein and calories in.

Up to about 6 months I was at 600 calories, by eight months 800 calories and now at 14 months I am between 1000 and 1200.

I use Protein powder in my coffee in the morning but all the rest of my Protein comes from food and I hate between 100 and 120 grams per day.

For the first six months I only walked for exercise

At about 7 months I started going to the gym and I go 4 days per week - burning between 300 - 600 calories at each visit.

Just wanted to give you an idea of my progression. Hope it is helpful.

First of all, congratulations your loss! :-)

What do you do about carbs? What kind of carbs do you eat?

My carbs mainly come from my fruit and veggies and milk. Once in a while I'll have a couple bites of sweet potato but that's about it. Typically for Breakfast I have 1 egg and 2 pieces of bacon. If I don't feel like cooking I will eat a greek yogurt, but a real one. Like Fage or Chobani and add some fruit. I don't eat the Dannon or yoplait Greeks because they are very processed. banana and a nut butter for snack. Turkey and cheese for lunch and maybe a salad. Nuts for a snack. And dinner with the family. I eat the same as them but no starch. That's about it. Pretty simple.

Well I discovered how to eat more.

Two slices of cheese.

I kid you not, 2 slices of Havarti, 220 freaking calories! Oy veh. I about had a heart attack. That's like a fourth of my daily calories.

And this boys and girls, is why it's a good idea to enter your food in MFP Before you eat, not after.

Manchengo is my current addiction!