Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is Pathetic, But I Really Need Some Encouragement

Not pathetic at all. I really hope you figure something out.

Seela, I feel so bad for you :( I take Citalopram myself. I switched over to Paxil for a month, then decided in my great wisdom that I didn't need them anymore. So I went off cold turkey. Disaster! I'm back on Citalopram and all is well with the world again. I have no advice beyond what the others have said, just sympathy. {hugs}

Definitely contact the manufacturer of the drug. Some of them have patient assistance programs. Good luck to you!

I am contacting the drug company and I have an appt at the local mental health (humiliating) to get on medi-cal until the ins kicks in. While on the phone a call beeped through. .. my daughter got hit by a car on her way home from school. Omg... thank God she is ok but the guy took off. I can't think straight so I'm signing off for a while. . I need to be with my kids. Thank you all for the help

Sorry to hear about your daughter and the car accident. Thankfully she is okay. It seems life can really pour it on sometimes and we can only ride it through. I truly hope everything works out for you with the mental health clinic. Don't be humiliated everyone and I do mean everyone at some point needs a hand up. That is what they are there for. Years ago I was in similar circumstances and needed a hand up. We all do. Hang in there and I truly hope everything works out for you.

I know you're taking time to be with your kids but I just wanted to say that I agree with contacting the manufacturer of your drug. If they know that you will be getting back on insurance and paying for your prescriptions again in 6 months, they'll happily help you. My Mom paid a $25 deductible to her drug company's manufacturer fora 3 month supply.

Hope you daughter is okay.

Definitely go on the pharmaceutical company's website and get into the patient assistance program. Doctors have far fewer samples to give out than they used to as drug companies have responded to new laws and liability issues.Just do whatever you need to do to keep your stability until you get back on your feet financially. Your family needs you to be well and strong right now! Take good care of yourself. Wishing you a lot of good news really soon!

Is a trip south of the border an option? You are in Chico, right? Grab a cheap flight down to San Diego, rent a car and head south into Tijuana for a 6 month supply. Probably be the cheapest route overall.

Also, many drug companies have programs for financially challenged folks. Also take a look at other government programs available for you. Do a search in the GoogleVerse for Prescription Assistance Program in California.

I used to drive to Tijuana when I lived in So Ca and was taking Phen-Fen (in the early 90's). U walk into a Mexican pharmacy and pay the pharmacist a nominal amount (like $25) and they write u an RX and then they fill it for wayyyy cheap (I got a 90 day supply that usually cost me $150 a mth for like $15).

It's also illegal in Mexico (as it is here) to get RX meds without an actual RX. Lucky thing the on hand pharmacist can actually write and fill the RX at the same time!

And thats my Mexican Phen Fen story....doesn't everyone have a Mexican Phen-Fen story?

Another option I haven't heard yet is ordering them online. I ordered my effexor from india for the year I was off work on disability. Not the cheapest option, but may be cheaper than local pharmacy. I know for me, going off my meds means disaster. weaning or not. I would shut off my cable and internet before i went without. I think the county or city clinics are a fabulous resource. Some ppl won't use them bc they're ashamed. Don't be one of those people. Your mental health is as important as your physical health. If you had cancer, you wouldnt wean off your cancer meds...you would find a way! I hope you find a way.

People have already offered my suggestions, which were your local mental health center and contacting the manufacturer. I would encourage you to not feel humiliation. These services are meant for people when they find themselves in hardship. There is no shame in needing a hand up once in a while.

I sure hope your daughter is okay. I am sending you lots of good juju!

Seela, I don't have anything new to offer since the posters have given you some great advice. Always call the doctor... they have access to programs and meds that can help you out on a temporary basis. I can understand the weepiness and other stuff you are going through. My husband has lost his job at two different times during our marriage. It is not easy. Hang in there, it will get better. You have caring friends on this website. I wish I could reach out and give you a hug...because I have been where you are now. Start with one thing... the doctor, and go from there.

I don't know what state your in but here in Cali we have MediCal. Do you have that option?

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much. It's funny isn't it that although I don't know any of you and I essentially turned to nameless strangers for help and support, I felt so comforted by the fact that you all took the time to try and help me. <3 And you did help me. I will be getting help from the drug manufacturer and fr om the county. I took some of my meds that I have been hoarding and trying to go off and I feel better. My daughter is a little banged up and shooken up but she is ok and home safe in her bed. (Sigh)... You all gave me exactly what I needed and I am so grateful. I only hope I can return the favor someday :)

Glad to hear your daughter us safe and sound:). Nice to know you can reach out here and get help. Admitting you need help isn't pathetic at all!

Blessings to you and yours!