Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is Pathetic, But I Really Need Some Encouragement

Glad to hear your daughter us safe and sound:). Nice to know you can reach out here and get help. Admitting you need help isn't pathetic at all!<br><br>

Blessings to you and yours!

Thank you

Another option I haven't heard yet is ordering them online. I ordered my effexor from india for the year I was off work on disability. Not the cheapest option, but may be cheaper than local pharmacy. I know for me, going off my meds means disaster. weaning or not. I would shut off my cable and internet before i went without. I think the county or city clinics are a fabulous resource. Some ppl won't use them bc they're ashamed. Don't be one of those people. Your mental health is as important as your physical health. If you had cancer, you wouldnt wean off your cancer meds...you would find a way! I hope you find a way.

You are absolutely right! Time to get tough... thanks

I'm crying again but for different reasons... I feel so much better and blessed right now.. and emotionally squishy... my husband hates it when I get like this.. lol.. good thing I like roller coasters!

I'm crying again but for different reasons... I feel so much better and blessed right now.. and emotionally squishy... my husband hates it when I get like this.. lol.. good thing I like roller coasters!

I love emotional squishiness! Lol things are looking up already and will continue to do so. Keep your chin up and you squishiness levels high ????

I am so glad that things are working out for you and your daughter is okay!! The people on this forum are terrific and I am amazed at all the good ideas and suggestions that were given. It's nice to know there are people on here to help when it is needed. :)

I didn't read all the replies, but call the drug manufacturer. They ALL have programs that help uninsured people get meds. And look online for a place in your area that works on a sliding scale. They base it on income, and usually have samples of meds to get you through. There is ALWAYS a way to make these things work. I know it sucks, and it will be hard, but it's doable and you are worth the work to maintain your mental state. (((hugs))) I am willing to help anyway I can if you want to PM me, and I can get you more info on the programs for your meds.

I have severe anxiety and agoraphobia so I know how you feel. I rely on my meds to feel normal. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and lupus and depend in ibuprophin and Vicodin for daily pain.. I know I will have to give up my IB for my new life but maybe I will fee letter after getting this weight off.

Sweetie it'll be okay – it'll work out… We've been there and done that. My husband is bipolar and the medication he needed was really expensive and pain medication that I needed was 1000 a month and we were both blessed to have a pharmaceutical company cover it. We called the manufacturer of his medication and we submitted our income information and they actually provide his bipolar medication for free. As far as ADD goes – those are a little more sketchy with doctors but, I know that Adderall is a lot cheaper and a generic. Like I said, look up the manufacturer of your medications and contact them and then if that doesn't work there's a national hotline… I'll look it up real quick.... Okay, I don't know if this is the same organization or not but, that is:http://www.pparx.org what I would suggest is to call 211 for your area – most states have 211 at least as far as I know and is the phone number to reach for help for programs. Could you possibly apply for Medicaid? I know cobra is way too expensive but these might help… You're welcome to send me a personal message if I can be of any more help.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much. It's funny isn't it that although I don't know any of you and I essentially turned to nameless strangers for help and support, I felt so comforted by the fact that you all took the time to try and help me. <3 And you did help me. I will be getting help from the drug manufacturer and fr om the county. I took some of my meds that I have been hoarding and trying to go off and I feel better. My daughter is a little banged up and shooken up but she is ok and home safe in her bed. (Sigh)... You all gave me exactly what I needed and I am so grateful. I only hope I can return the favor someday :)

Do you have a auto insurance? With your daughter getting hit by a car in the car getting taken off you might be able to file a claim under hit-and-run /UIM on your auto policy. Did you file a police report? Are used to be a claims adjuster and rules in California are a little different than Texas so… I just thought I would put my two cents. If I remember correctly, you wouldn't have a deductible because it's under uninsured motorist. I hope she's doing okay but if there's any question, it's better to call the insurance to get her checked out.

Do you have a auto insurance? With your daughter getting hit by a car in the car getting taken off you might be able to file a claim under hit-and-run /UIM on your auto policy. Did you file a police report? Are used to be a claims adjuster and rules in California are a little different than Texas so… I just thought I would put my two cents. If I remember correctly, you wouldn't have a deductible because it's under uninsured motorist. I hope she's doing okay but if there's any question, it's better to call the insurance to get her checked out.

I wouldn't even hesitate to take her to the hospital, ins or not, if I thought in any way she needed it. Thank you for your concern. She is a little sore and her wrist hurts from falling on it but nothing is swollen and the police checked her out pretty good. Plus I practically strip searched her!

I wouldn't even hesitate to take her to the hospital, ins or not, if I thought in any way she needed it. Thank you for your concern. She is a little sore and her wrist hurts from falling on it but nothing is swollen and the police checked her out pretty good. Plus I practically strip searched her!

I hope it didn't sound like I was insinuating that you wouldn't take her because of money… I was just trying to give you a heads up about insurance coverage that you may not know about. I'm glad that she is relatively okay but just in case…

I hope it didn't sound like I was insinuating that you wouldn't take her because of money… I was just trying to give you a heads up about insurance coverage that you may not know about. I'm glad that she is relatively okay but just in case…

No... not at all.. I can totally understand where u were comming from and my mother said the same thing. But although a little shaken up she really is ok.. I'm keeping an eye on her. I have an appt this morning to get medi cal temporarily until our ins kicks in. I wasn't insulted at all. Actually I'm humbled by all the people t hat reached out to help me. Thank you

I would also look at the manufacturer's website - they usually have programs where the cost of the medication can be subsidized for a time - or call them and ask if they have such a program. Can't hurt to ask!

I would also look at the manufacturer's website - they usually have programs where the cost of the medication can be subsidized for a time - or call them and ask if they have such a program. Can't hurt to ask!

Yes, thank you I did that yesterday, I got ine minth free and am waiting on approval for the rest of the 6 months.