Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

Monday Ran 1 1/2 miles. It was pouring raining. Total 13 miles for the month. 1s plank. Although it has been 6 months after plastic surgery, I could not do it. I will make my goal 10 push ups a day instead of planks.

3 set 10lbs biceps and triceps.

Yesterday my darling little Sweeptees, and Mr. Sweetpee came home starving. Cooked a Soup to warm us up. I did not run at all :(

Forgot to bring workout clothes on Monday so two workouts yesterday. Legs in the morning and a short cardio workout last night. Today will either be more legs or cardio. Reflecting back, I can't believe how working out has snowballed for me these past few months. After surgery, I still hated exercise but like a good girl followed orders and walked daily. About 6-8 weeks post op I started feeling guilty knowing I should really exercise so eventually I downloaded C25k. Even then I waited a couple weeks to start it and only jogged two days a week. Fast forward to this month and now I workout 6 times a week, completed my first 5k last weekend and if I miss a workout I feel bad. I have had at least 6 people at my workplace tell me they started exercising because I inspired them (we have a gym at my work and sometimes all workout together). I can honestly say I never imagined all of this when thinking about getting sleeved. Happy Wednesday everyone!

40 mins cardio and 30 on the weight machines. Added 10 lbs and 2 reps to the weights. Had to switch from the elliptical to the bike after 20 mins. My back was giving me twinges. Must have been that nekkid snow shoveling. That'll teach me!

Day 7 Insanity - I am definitely capable of doing more than on day 1, but it is still brutal! I am recovering more quickly though, walking away from the gym halfway to my hut, there is a short bit of stairs - the first few days I had to use the handrail because I thought I would fall down the stairs I was so Jello and now I don't need it.

My knees juat go out from under me. I use to walk with a walker and still fell down. Don't know why. Been to many drs. PT too but no onsucess. Any suggestions? Can't do too much of anything fast. I'm using my bike, treadmill but at at slow pace. I try to do a squat and my knees so weak down I go. I was volunteering. I was walking across the graveled parking lot misstepped down I went head first fell on forehead had 12 stitches. I'm afraid to do too much that I might fall. Help!!

I have not posted the last few days, need to add 16 miles to my monthly count, now 40 miles.

Day 9 Insanity - Cardio Recovery day, which sounds deceptively soothing. Yes, we stretched a lot, but we also did slow squats that ended in holding a deep squat for a ludicrously long time and then pulsing in the squat. I cursed. a lot. And I was more jelloee after this then the regular workout!

Donna450 - Did you get the lap band instead of the sleeve? I remember you from years ago. If you still have a significant amount of weight to lose, you can't expect your knees to perform beyond their capacity. I couldn't do this kind of work until I had lost 75% of my total excess weight.

Okay...newest latest greatest update. BOTH of my girls now have the flu. One is on the "mend" as she has been on Tamiflu since Mon. the other was dx'ed today. Oh joy of all joys. So it has been messing with my workout schedule but I have an angel for a husband who let me go the gym today for two hours to blow off steam while he stayed home with 2 sick girls. Gotta love that!

So while I'm already behind my target I'm happy to be at 54.4 miles for the month.

Did some more planking, weights, abs and cardio yesterday. Just praying that I don't get sick too!

My knees juat go out from under me. I use to walk with a walker and still fell down. Don't know why. Been to many drs. PT too but no onsucess. Any suggestions? Can't do too much of anything fast. I'm using my bike, treadmill but at at slow pace. I try to do a squat and my knees so weak down I go. I was volunteering. I was walking across the graveled parking lot misstepped down I went head first fell on forehead had 12 stitches. I'm afraid to do too much that I might fall. Help!!

Are you pre or post-op? Have you had an MRI of your spine. It sounds more like a nerve problem to me but I'm not a Dr. Have you been to a Chiropractor?

I've got bad knees and don't do squats for that reason. The elliptical machine is the least stress on your knees but can be a challenge to the uninitiated. The trick is to go slow and start with a very short amount of time with no incline and minimal resistance. Also strengthening your quadriceps helps stabilize you knees. There are machines for that or you can do knee lifts in a chair and add ankle weights to increase the difficulty. Best of luck to you.

You guys are doing great.

I've been running and swimming on alternating days. My lunges have fallen by the wayside. Those things are hard. Maybe someday Gamergirl will start a 30 day lunge challenge (please not till after the new year.).

Ran 10.5 miles today. My last long training run before my half marathon December 22. Now I get to taper down the miles next week. I'll still run most every day, but less miles.

My swimming is paying off as well. I've only been doing it for 3 weeks. I'm starting to see a difference in my upper body musculature. And my chronically bad shoulders are starting to feel better.

So....MTD....48.8 miles run

5200 meters swimming

Btw for you ladies who would like to take up strength training, my wife has been doing New Rules of Lifting For Women. She's been at it for 4 months and lost 4 pant sizes. Get the book. It's good.

Haven't posted for 2 days so am adding another 8 miles and a yoga class,MTD-49 miles 7 yc, 4 strength training(still hate it) and 25s plank. I like walking and the yoga class but I know that it's the strength training classes that helps build up the muscles so i still go... reluctantly... :wacko:

30 min MMA and planks

Been working days and babysitting evenings! No miles to add the last few days, but plan to make it up this weekend!

I'm finding life is really getting in the way of what I want to do with the fitness stuff. I can accomplish what I want to just fine when I'm home but I am struggling with keeping up while traveling every week and working 18+ hour days. I finally crunched today while brushing my teeth :P just to get it done. I'm getting about 6 hours sleep a night, and I'm coming close to 60 gms Protein and most of the Water which is taking a lot of juggling and consciously working on, but not enough walking, planking and crunching happening.

Will post my total from the fitbit once I get home tonight or tommorrow.

I'm finding life is really getting in the way of what I want to do with the fitness stuff. I can accomplish what I want to just fine when I'm home but I am struggling with keeping up while traveling every week and working 18+ hour days. I finally crunched today while brushing my teeth :P just to get it done. I'm getting about 6 hours sleep a night, and I'm coming close to 60 gms Protein and most of the Water which is taking a lot of juggling and consciously working on, but not enough walking, planking and crunching happening.

Will post my total from the fitbit once I get home tonight or tommorrow.

I'm having a hard time the kast couple days. Alot of walking at the mall but shopping not exercising. Today left at 8 am got back at 4. Filled my pills for the week and took my pills getting caught up from 9, 1 and 5pm pills and 9pm took those. Fixed dinner ate. Put loads of sacks away. Then worked on comouter and ckeaned kitchen. Its now after ten and I'm ready for bed. So exercise will ve worked in tomorrow....baking day.

Sounds like everyone is doing great for December. I spent this week on a business trip across the country and still got in my cross fit workouts visiting a new cross fit box every evening for about an hour (stop after work before heading back to hotel). Met some great people and did some superb workouts. I learned a number of new exercises while there so increased my skill as well. My favorite new exercise from the bunch was a sled push across 50 yards of 250 lb. Felt like a linebacker for a moment. It really burns and tones at such a high efficiency. Back and forth across the field 10 times as part of a 20 m am rap (as many rounds as possible), putting my all into making that sled go across the turf. Each round also included box jumps, pistols and Turkish getups. I have another T-shirt to add to my collection. I try and bring home a T-shirt whenever I visit a box. Looking forward to another fun week of exercising next week at home. The weather was quite cold this week (teens) where I was at so no running outside, but did get in some rowing every day. I have new blisters on my hands, but thankfully no rips from toes to bar and pull up sets.

Edited by Fiddleman