Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

My goal is to improve filthy 50 time by 30-45 seconds by end of month. I can't do the filthy 50 at home because equipment is needed so today I did the following workout:

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Total-Body-Tabata-Workout-45-Min-HIIT-and-Toning-Routine/eg/

Filthy 50 here:

http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/001550.html

It is a good workout for anyone to do really. 45 minute Tabata. It is kind of like a filthy 50 or a beast workout, but in Tabata format.

Added 3 miles on sat, and 3 miles on sunday, also 1yc and 1 ss. MTD-58miles, 4 yc, 5 ss, 25s plank, so busy with Christmas stuff no time for anything else!

My goal for the rest of the month is to not go crazy and back away from all the Cookies and candy! Couldn't have possibly been me who ate that! Must have been the cat! Anyway, I've been keeping up with the plank challenge but not so good with my goals here. Work schedule, snow and I think a mild case of the winter blues all adding on to a crappy workout schedule on my part. I find it difficult to be motivated to work out after all the snow shoveling. The irony is I work part-time at a gym and racquet club in an administrative position but I don't belong to that gym and they don't give you a break on the membership if you work there.

My goal for the rest of the month is to not go crazy and back away from all the Cookies and candy! Couldn't have possibly been me who ate that! Must have been the cat! Anyway, I've been keeping up with the plank challenge but not so good with my goals here. Work schedule, snow and I think a mild case of the winter blues all adding on to a crappy workout schedule on my part. I find it difficult to be motivated to work out after all the snow shoveling. The irony is I work part-time at a gym and racquet club in an administrative position but I don't belong to that gym and they don't give you a break on the membership if you work there.

Hang in there. It is gonna be tough on all of us. The food at this time of year has always been my favorite so I am testing myself daily...and winning...barely. You can do it...I got faith in ya!

URGH I'm so far behind with this challenge. The only thing I've done with any consistency is my MMA 2x a week

Well, I am at exactly 60 miles so far this month. I am a little short for the midway point, but I am gonna make it up in the second half of the month.

Good news is I need to step up my workouts and start some training. I am going to be going to Colorado in August to go backpacking with some childhood friends. Should be a blast but I gotta get prepared. I never thought I would ever get a chance to do this again, but this new lifestyle is making it possible...I just have to do my part now and prepare. Mount Shavano...here I come...gonna conquer all 14,000 feet of ya!

Edited by lsu2868

Day 11 Insanity: Today was a fit test, to gauge our progress since starting 2 weeks ago. On most things I showed a slight improvement, I stayed the same on plank jacks and actually regressed on high knee jumps lol. My weight loss has absolutely stopped, I haven't lost a pound since starting Insanity and no, my clothes aren't fitting any better either :(

This is a tough month for the fitness challenge. Makes me realize why so many people make new years resolutions to exercise. Hopefully we can all just hang on the rest of this month, then explode into the new year. All these holiday festivities definitely make it hard...not to mention the naked snow shoveling.

URGH I'm so far behind with this challenge. The only thing I've done with any consistency is my MMA 2x a week

"only", she says...:) good enough!

Day 11 Insanity: Today was a fit test, to gauge our progress since starting 2 weeks ago. On most things I showed a slight improvement, I stayed the same on plank jacks and actually regressed on high knee jumps lol. My weight loss has absolutely stopped, I haven't lost a pound since starting Insanity and no, my clothes aren't fitting any better either :(

globe, I think fitness is about more than scale or clothing; it is about improving who you are on the inside. Be the best you can be.

"only", she says...:) good enough!

Well thank ya:) I gotta get to moving more and I know it:)

It's December 16 - have completed 11 high intensity interval training sessions this month. (And SEVERAL long snow shoveling sessions!)

On track to hit my workout goal.....now the focus is on eating clean and adding some weights to achieve my weight goal!

GLOBETROTTER - I am SO WITH YOU....feel like I am killing myself and seeing no scale movement. I'm so laser focused on hitting my weight goal and the scale has just stopped moving. The only thing I know to do is add some new type exercise in the evening (I have chosen weight training and hired a personal trainer). My diet could use some work, so I am focusing on cleaner eating (challenging during the holidays).

I'm not about to stop doing what I am doing....my goal is too close at hand! Don't lose your focus/intensity. You might be days away from that scale moving again or looser clothes. Keep your head down and keep kicking ass. You've got this....

Thanks Hoosier! @ Fiddle - I absolutely agree with you! The flood of endocannabinoids after I lift cannot be replicated in a pill. I have begun week 3 of Insanity and we just completed a fit test and I haven't improved all that much. People are fond of saying that ultimately weight loss comes down to calories in, calories out, meaning thaf if your burn exceeds your intake for long enough, you will shed weight. I am living proof that this is not the case, as I average about 650 cals a day and do Insanity + weights 5x a week. My eating is very very clean because I must follow a pretty strict eating plan for autoimmune issues.

Day 12 Insanity: frustrated but haven't given up, working hard enough to have sweat drip freely off my face. Am interested in opinions regarding weights, before or after Insanity. I am currently doing them after.