Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

Oh my goodness, I gotta get back with the program. Last week put me behind , but I'm not finished with ME just yet! Gonna have to go back and see what I need to add. Later!

Wow - I need to get my a$$ in gear! I took the last few days off - tired on day, the other two days (spent all day at the hospital with my mom waiting for surgery).

At any rate - no excuses...gotta get my butt moving today. Heading over to the gym right now.

I have to do another 25 miles this month for my original goal and 30 for my revised! I dug myself a hole!

Need to add 13 more miles to my month for a total of 53. Surgery scheduled for Monday, 23rd. I would like to do cardio each day for the remainder of the week to help myself be ready.

Great job everyone. I know this is a tough month. Just keep ticking away at those goals and you'll come out of this holiday season feeling very good about yourself.

So far I'm up to 58.8 miles running and 5200 meters swimming.

Day 13 Insanity: I am 2 days away from my Insanity goal for the month - do it at least 15x, and although I have yet to see any benefits on the scale, in my clothes fitting, in my measurements (jeez!!) BUT I am noticing improvements in my ability. When I started Insanity I was just smoked afterward, Jello legs and sucking Water. Now, I'm tired for sure but it is an earned exhaustion. So, yay. I do have to say though that I am really peeved that the scale has not moved, that my clothes aren't fitting any better, hmpph.

2 miles. I increased my speed. Thought I was going to pass out!!!

It was cold and my asthma flared up.

I felt so good after that run!

When I got home I was panting gulps of air. I stood over my gas heater an breathed in hot air and was breathing better in no time.

19 miles total for the month.

I know it's a few days in but I'm in for the month. My goal is to keep with my new fitness level set during last month's challenge and exercise 5-6 days a week. I am also setting my first mileage goal of 18 miles. Sounds low but I alternate running with other forms of exercise so I only average running two days a week and I'm a beginner.

So far this week I have run 4 miles and worked out 3 days.

Calves are on fire today from timed, weighted calf raises yesterday. I tried Jillian for the first time on Monday. She's a tough broad. Added another 2.25 miles so far this week. Total mileage is 12 miles for the month.

Today is a rest day but I really want to do the workout because of the running:

For time:

Run 800m

10 Burpees

15 Shoulder to Overhead (135/95)

Rest 4 minutes...

For time:

Run 800m

15 Burpees

20 Shoulder to Overhead (125/85)

Rest 4 minutes...

For time:

Run 800m

20 Burpees

25 Shoulder to Overhead (115/75)

Rest 4 minutes...

For time:

Run 800m

25 Burpees

30 Shoulder to Overhead (105/65)

I love to do 800 m or 1600 m sprints. I am conflicted having to sit it out. Born to run. Must be part of my exercise cross over addiction. Need a 12 step program. Lol. BTB will get this and emphasize with respect to wanting to run and not being able to, I am sure. :)

Crossing my fingers we have another one like this soon. The problem is that daily workouts are unknowable until day of.

..... Born to run. Must be part of my exercise cross over addiction. Need a 12 step program. Lol. BTB will get this and emphasize with respect to wanting to run and not being able to, I am sure.....

Indeed I do fiddle.

Day 13 Insanity: I am 2 days away from my Insanity goal for the month - do it at least 15x, and although I have yet to see any benefits on the scale, in my clothes fitting, in my measurements (jeez!!) BUT I am noticing improvements in my ability. When I started Insanity I was just smoked afterward, Jello legs and sucking Water. Now, I'm tired for sure but it is an earned exhaustion. So, yay. I do have to say though that I am really peeved that the scale has not moved, that my clothes aren't fitting any better, hmpph.

Be patient globe. Building muscle on 650 calories a day is very difficult. The world is full of testosterone laden boys who struggle to build muscle on 4 times that many calories.....without that testosterone it's gonna be harder for you. And with so few calories it will be most difficult indeed.

As far as weight loss, I think no one around here understands better than you that calories in vs calories out is not the whole story. You know your body better than anyone here, so I'm sure you know 2 weeks is not enough time to see big results. Great bodies are built over the long haul. Give it time my friend.

BUT I WANNA LOSE WEEEEEEEEIIIIGHTTTT! (said in whiniest voice possible). I'm up to 1000 cals a day now BTW, and I am also *up* 2 lbs >:[

Worked out with a trainer for the first time Monday. Got in a good workout and felt great afterwards. Felt fine at work that night, but when I got up for work Tuesday afternoon, I had a serious case if T-Rex arms. Incredibly painful biceps and couldn't extend my arms. Thank goodness for muscle relaxers. Finally feeling better this morning. Hoping to get back in the gym Friday.

1 more hour down, 4.5 till goal.

Worked out with a trainer for the first time Monday. Got in a good workout and felt great afterwards. Felt fine at work that night, but when I got up for work Tuesday afternoon, I had a serious case if T-Rex arms. Incredibly painful biceps and couldn't extend my arms. Thank goodness for muscle relaxers. Finally feeling better this morning. Hoping to get back in the gym Friday. 1 more hour down, 4.5 till goal.

Good for you! How exciting it must be for you to be starting with a new trainer on your fitness journey.

BUT I WANNA LOSE WEEEEEEEEIIIIGHTTTT! (said in whiniest voice possible). I'm up to 1000 cals a day now BTW, and I am also *up* 2 lbs >:[

Globe - you have mentioned on several occasions that you had gotten close to goal in the past from dancing, doing cross fit, yoga, etc. You were probably eating differently back then. That seemed to work for you. Can you go back to doing those things that were working for you long ago. Forgive me for not being more precise about dates, I do not recall when you had reached your lowest. I joined VST around July 2012 and I think it was prior to this. What do you think? Everyone has a different strategy that works for them. You just need to realign with yours and yours alone. Cheers.

Fighting a crappy cold but got in a 2.12 mile walk this morning. The fresh air and sunshine was wonderful! Been keeping up with the planking challenge but not doing so well with this one. Not giving up though.