Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

Hey folks. It's time for the December addition of the monthly fitness challenge. For those of you unfamiliar, the goal is to set a specific fitness goal for yourself, and then go for it. The goal should be specific and measurable, so that you can keep a running log here toward your progress. Some common goals are xxx miles run/walked/bicycled over the course of the month....xx hours on the elliptical, stationary bike..... xx workouts per week or xx hours spent exercising per week. Whatever you want, so long as it is specific and measurable.

Start off by introducing yourself and stating your specific goal...then come here each day or as often as you'd like and update your progress for the month.

The whole point is to set a goal that is slightly above your comfort level....one you have to push yourself a little to achieve. But whatever your goal, the success will come for reaching for it....whether you make it or not is irrelevant. We all have setbacks...we get sick, injured or just plain busy. If that happens, don't give up. Just amend your goal and continue on till the end of the month. This challenge will carry is right into the new year and hopefully by the time it's over all of us will be breathing easier and feeling better from the activity.

Ok....I'll start. My goals for December are to run 120 miles, swim 9000 meters and do 1500 walking lunges.

my goal is to do my step aerobics every day.....and if i dont do it one day (class closed or i am running late), i will walk 1 to 2 miles instead (with hub and kabo the doberman)....

yes (we) can

5 miles for today for a total of 29.5 miles. That's all for today. I'm heading home at 3 pm and will plank there.

Today is the first time in a long time my entire upper body feels like to has been trash compacted. I think that is good to feel sore like this. It means I will build up the upper body even more. Today is definitely a rest day for me after a good solid week of cross fit.

Last night:

500 m row.

Planked for 400 s. Did 5 rounds of 10 x sets of jumping lunges, push-ups, sits ups, back extensions, etc.

Took 15-20 minutes to build to a heavy Jerk. Form is getting good at heavier weights. Explosive.

B.

Three rounds for time of:

1. 275/185 lb Deadlift x 15 reps (did 165 due to back issues, used my rogue belt even though not anywhere near my max)

2. Handstand Push-Ups x 20 reps

3. Pull-Ups x 25 reps (I used some special gloves from fit 4. no rips or new calluses. Yay!! A little harder to "feel" the bar, but worth it if no rips)

4. Double-Unders x 30 reps

C.

Row or Run for 15-20 minutes – let feel dictate the speed/intensity of effort. . 1:45 split time. OMG after doing part B. Need I say more. :)

So tired today after this workout last night. I took 2 extra naps of 2 hours each. Now I am feeling (more) refreshed and a little less sore. Upper body still aches, in a good way, I hope.

I am on a business trip next week and am going to search out a cross fit gym in Stamford, CT. Hope I get the time to workout while there. It is always iffy on the business trips because of dinners with colleagues, etc. I might do the "deck of card" workout and planks if I run short of time during the days there.

On the above post, 1:45 split time is for rowing. Split time is the amount of time it takes to row 500 m. No way in **** I am going to run hard for 15 minutes after part B in 20 degree F weather. That is a recipe for getting serious bronchial spasms. I followed the advice above from others (M2G, BTB) to " just say no" to it. :) it was an easy decision.

Edited by Fiddleman

I too did the Christmas shopping thing today with the hubster, i used my pedometer and logged in 5.5 miles. MTD-29.5, 4yc, 2SS 20s plank. was going to do the plank thing again to day but after marathon shopping, did just not have enough left in me to do it.

I didn't measure! Should have

65 s plank done!

Did my first 5k today. Completed 7.5 miles so far this month.

Did my first 5k today. Completed 7.5 miles so far this month.

Great job on your first 5K. May you have many more.

I swam 1050 meters today....total so far is 3450 for the month.

I hear you Fiddle, absolutely. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near goal, I am still obese, I have a solid 40 lbs to lose before goal even though I am a vet. It really makes me feel helpless.

Today was rest day from Insanity, tomorrow it begins again.

Oh and I eat 600 on fast days, on eating days I get more like 1200

Edited by Globetrotter

I hear you Fiddle, absolutely. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near goal, I am still obese, I have a solid 40 lbs to lose before goal even though I am a vet. It really makes me feel helpless. Today was rest day from Insanity, tomorrow it begins again. Oh and I eat 600 on fast days, on eating days I get more like 1200

Globe....I know you have really struggled with your weight for a while. I'm sure you're already on top of this but I'm gonna ask anyway. Have you had your thyroid levels checked? Cause it almost seems like you've got something going on keeping you from loosing.

5.1 blister miles in 35 degree drizzle.....love it. MTD 23.3

Thanks for the company. On Friday I thought I was the only nut running in the dark cold freezing rain. I did 2 miles again. I hate it gets dark so quick!

Today when I run, I will have Plesant thoughts knowing I am not alone. BIG SMILE!!!

My goal is 3 miles today (Sunday)

2.6 miles on the treadmill today - I'm getting faster and I'm increasing the incline and I can see more calories burning.

I had a total Pity Party Poopy day yesterday - poopy because I'm in this stall. This morning I woke up and remembered, "Nothing good comes out of being negative." I can feel a difference between yesterday and today - not only do I feel better physically, but I feel better mentally, much more positive.

Month to date I'm at 14.5 miles to my 50 mile goal.