Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

Can I count vacuuming as exercise? ;p

Only if you run laps at the track with the vacuum on your shoulders.

So I realize the limitations at your crossfit place, and it makes sense that you wouldn't just run wall to wall zig zag-ing through equipment etc. But since you didn't feel so hot after running outside I think I would just opt out of doing that again. I realize there is quite the competition mentality stemming from crossfit and I'm totally on board with a bit of healthy competition, but if I wasn't comfortable doing something I certainly wouldn't follow along just because it's the "prescribed WOD" I would speak up and say "no thanks, I will do XYZ in HERE while you guys are out running in the cold."

...?..

Yes yes and yes. We have to keep in mind why we're doing this. To improve our quality of life right?

Ok.....blister update. Wow this thing is more painful than my broken toe back in September. I couldn't do my lunges today because of it, but I did get in an extra long swim. 25 laps.....my longest by far.

So my totals so far are 18.2 miles running, 2400 meters swimming and 120 lunges.post-120520-0-39291600-1386289833_thumb.jpg

My month to date update...still walking because that's all I'm allowed to do! Ugh.

9.5 miles towards my 50 mile goal.

I increased the incline more today.

Ok.....blister update. Wow this thing is more painful than my broken toe back in September. I couldn't do my lunges today because of it, but I did get in an extra long swim. 25 laps.....my longest by far. So my totals so far are 18.2 miles running, 2400 meters swimming and 120 lunges.

OUCH!!!

30 min MMA and 50s planks

Hey everyone, I hope all is good. This past week has been crazy but lot's of walking! So far for the month I am at 21.60 miles. I have to admit though, I haven't started the plank challenge yet. No fear though, I plan on starting in the next day or so. Keep up the great work everyone!

Checking in today. 6 miles so far. 2 miles today. The weather was bad, so I had to walk on the treadmill.

Weighs 10lbs

10 reps/4

Biceps and triceps

Hello everyone, my name is Twyla and I'm new to this site. My challenge for this month is to get my 89oz of Water in a day, work on toning at least twice weekly, and plank challenge. The water is probably going to be the hardest. I accept all support! :)

Hello everyone, my name is Twyla and I'm new to this site. My challenge for this month is to get my 89oz of Water in a day, work on toning at least twice weekly, and plank challenge. The water is probably going to be the hardest. I accept all support! :)

Hi Twyla. Welcome to the craziness.

So I realize the limitations at your crossfit place, and it makes sense that you wouldn't just run wall to wall zig zag-ing through equipment etc. But since you didn't feel so hot after running outside I think I would just opt out of doing that again. I realize there is quite the competition mentality stemming from crossfit and I'm totally on board with a bit of healthy competition, but if I wasn't comfortable doing something I certainly wouldn't follow along just because it's the "prescribed WOD" I would speak up and say "no thanks, I will do XYZ in HERE while you guys are out running in the cold." And I might be a tad sensitive today because our HIGH TEMP for today is like 3 degrees. <_< So we are in a wicked cold snap and I'm honestly just sitting here thinking...at what point do you say NO... I don't like the way this makes me feel so I will sub something else for this portion of today's programming???

I will most likely do this next time. Asked around today - I was not the only one who had bronchitis issues after that sprinting workout. Most people I talked to said it is fairly common to have bronchitis spasms when doing a hard met con workout in cold temperature like yesterday. My first experience with it. The coaches today said, jokingly, bring it up with the boss when I raised the concern about not doing it.

Ok.....blister update. Wow this thing is more painful than my broken toe back in September. I couldn't do my lunges today because of it, but I did get in an extra long swim. 25 laps.....my longest by far. So my totals so far are 18.2 miles running, 2400 meters swimming and 120 lunges.

Ouch. That is quite a rip. Be sure to use some Neosporin and keep it moist; let it breath. Maybe some rock tape will help you still be functional while it is healing. The rock tape on top of a good quality bandage on top of Neosporin helps me get through the 1-2 weeks healing process and still allow for use of my hands. I get these often on my hands from lots of pull-ups and toes to bar so can give you empathy on the pain.

Edited by Fiddleman

Hi Twyla. Welcome to the craziness.

Thanks! :) so excited

. Maybe some rock tape will help you still be functional while it is healing. The rock tape on top of a good quality bandage on top of Neosporin helps me get through the 1-2 weeks healing process and still allow for use of my hands. I get these often on my hands from lots of pull-ups and toes to bar so can give you empathy on the pain.

Is that anything like moleskin? I've used moleskin before and it works well.

Is that anything like moleskin? I've used moleskin before and it works well.

youmight find this information helpful:

http://www.shopping.com/xSBS-dr-scholl-s-moleskin-plus-cs6-rocktape-rocktape-endurance-for-athletes-black~PRDLT-119734105-137129404?sb=1

@ Butter - I cringed when I saw the pic of your toe, I have been there! Army boots are notorious blister creators. There is this stuff you can pick up at CVS/Walgreens etc. they are little gel pads impregnated with healing salve.

@ M2G - I am with you on the "when does it go too far" theme, I am doing Insanity right now and today we had to do these burpees that also included plank jacks while in the plank position. I know my limitations, know that I am just getting back into working out and I had no problem with just doing push ups through that whole set. I'm not there to impress anyone and I need to protect myself. I gain nothing by pushing myself beyond my limit, hurting myself, and then losing time at the gym.

@ Chelenka - absolutely vacuuming counts as exercise, on my exercise tracker it even offers "house cleaning" as an option.

Update Insanity - Day #5: Today was intense cardio and had I been capable of doing all of it, I doubt I would be capable of typing right now, it was brutal. However, today is the fifth day of Insanity and I notice that I am recovering faster after the workout. Day five of planking challenge, 45s, and day #2 of adding weight lifting after Insanity. oy gevalt. But I have to say how utterly PEEVED I am, because I weighed myself this morning and I am a POUND AND A HALF up, even though my eating is pristine.