Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

How can it possibly be Dec. 3rd already? HOW?

So my challenge will be 180 miles. I hit 175 in Oct. and thought I could crank that out again in Nov. when in reality I fell about 10 miles short. So I'm going to reach again and try to get there.

SO I'm at 14.6 for now.

I'm thinking of joining you all over at the planking challenge but my trainer regularly makes us plank and if I'm being 100% honest I don't plank unless she makes us. <_< Not only that but she doesn't just allow us to plank. There are pushup planks and we do crazy stuff all the time...in fact I would be happy to just plank and not move. But that's not good enough for her. She made us do these today (with a pushup ...just realized that the image didn't show a pushup...)

0609_plank_pushups.jpg

Added 4 miles today, 1 more yoga class, I started the plank challenge GG, did a whole whopping 15s before I fell on the ground! So.... MTD-11.5 miles 2 yogas, 1 strength and 15s plank

Day three, 6 miles so far right on track, wish I could do more... Soon very soon...

Nsv today, walked into a gyro place that we had been to before, the kid working behind the counter, after I ordered my meat without bread, says you are looking so skinny, what are you doing? Are you trying to lose cause you look great! Yay!

Day #3 Insanity - I did not throw up. I also didn't black out. I'm sure that's true regarding extreme low calorie and cardio BUT, people are constantly talking about calories in/energy out regarding weight loss so yeah I'm gonna keep my calories below my expenditure.

So far 7 miles. I think I am going to start the plank challange today

6 miles this morning for 14.5 total. Fixing to plank!

So my challenge will be 180 miles. I hit 175 in Oct. and thought I could crank that out again in Nov. when in reality I fell about 10 miles short. So I'm going to reach again and try to get there.

SO I'm at 14.6 for now.

I'm thinking of joining you all over at the planking challenge but my trainer regularly makes us plank and if I'm being 100% honest I don't plank unless she makes us. <_< Not only that but she doesn't just allow us to plank. There are pushup planks and we do crazy stuff all the time...in fact I would be happy to just plank and not move. But that's not good enough for her. She made us do these today (with a pushup ...just realized that the image didn't show a pushup...)

0609_plank_pushups.jpg

omg! side planks! I cannot do those. You are my hero if you're doing all this.

61 s plank Woot!

omg! side planks! I cannot do those. You are my hero if you're doing all this.

SO I'm at 14.6 for now.

0609_plank_pushups.jpg

Thanks GG! There is a reason that I pay her to torture...because I sure as heck wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't part of the "program!" She made us do these for a minute and a half, alternating sides. Believe me there was a LOT of grumbling, so round 2 she shortened it to 45 seconds. I'm a sore girl today!

I'm late to the party as usual! Had a stomach virus for the past two days so just started back w/ exercise today. On the up side I dropped 5 lbs thanks to the virus. You know what the models say, "I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight!" LOL! Anyhoo, i walked 2.5 miles in 45 mins. Then met a neighbor and gabbed for about 30 mins. Does the gabbing count as exercise?

My goals for this month are to increase my reps on the weight machines by adding one more set, add 5 mins to my time on the cardio machines which will take me to 45 mins., walking for 2 miles or weather/time permitting a 15-20 mile bike ride the days I'm not going to the gym. I also want to get back into a yoga class and there are at least 2 studios within 2 miles of my house. My gym has yoga on Mondays but I can't get there because of my work schedule. I'm checking out GG's planking challenge too.

Happy December every one!

7 mile trail run this morning. Only 2 new blisters.....ouch. 18.2 MTD

HOW do you keep running with blisters??? Do you not feel them until you stop? Seriously? I don't know

HOW do you keep running with blisters??? Do you not feel them until you stop? Seriously? I don't know

Oh yeah I felt this thing. But when you're 3 miles from the trail head you have to get back to the car. You can't quit. And honestly, it hurts more to walk than run.

post-120520-0-08849200-1386183306_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah I felt this thing. But when you're 3 miles from the trail head you have to get back to the car. You can't quit. And honestly, it hurts more to walk than run.

Ouch!!! I was just curious...I better stick to NOT running!

We have some 400 m sprints today to do as part of a workout. The kicker is that the air temperature is going to be between 25 and 30 F when I go to workout after work. Conflicting information out there. I do not have any nights, just workout shorts. Any suggestions for how to sprint in sub freezing temperatures as I have not done this before and am afraid of cramping. I get cold pretty easy too, especially in the hands and feet - even at normal temperatures.

Edited by Fiddleman