Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Let me know how you both like it. I told my bff about it the other day (she had surgery in December and was telling me she's always eating too fast) and she loves it! I'm just such a bad judge of fine that for a while, I definitely need the timer. Hah.

Let me know how you both like it. I told my bff about it the other day (she had surgery in December and was telling me she's always eating too fast) and she loves it! I'm just such a bad judge of fine that for a while, I definitely need the timer. Hah.

Will do. Still very new to food so I wasn't sure what was a fair amount of time. Thanks again.

Will do. Still very new to food so I wasn't sure what was a fair amount of time. Thanks again.

I already downloaded it also and am excited to try it out. Thnks

Wow i just downloaded the app and it made such a difference in my meal. What an awesome tool to have! I eat really fast which is one of the reasons i overeat. Right now i am struggling with learning how to recognize when I am getting full. I am on week 4 and my nutritionist is really weird in a way that she still wants me on very soft foods and mashed potatoes, no Protein Shakes which is not common at all. She said she will change my diet next week. I cant wait to start having eggs and other types of food.

Total stuck in a stall right now. I'm 41/2 weeks post op and have been stalled for about 1 1/2 weeks. How did you guys get out of it? Getting really disappointed and frustrated. I don't even weigh myself every day :(

So glad to read this because I am 4 weeks out and I just gained a lb!!!! So scary and frustrating but I understand this is the big 3 week post op stall. So I'm just gonna keep plugging away and try and increase both my Protein and Water. Do u exercise?

I use the eat slower app, and set it anywhere from a minute to 2 minutes depending on what I'm eating. If it's relatively soft and I don't have to chew it too much, I do a minute. If i have to chew it a lot, I start with a minute and a half and see how it feels, and sometimes I end up putting it to minute 45 or 2 minutes. Pretty much I just see how the first couple bites go, and adjust accordingly. I love the eat slower app.

I need to use this app too. I have it but haven't used it as much as I should and today I was not feeling so hot cause I ate TOO fast! But it's a great app!

I used the app and it helped !!! Sadly I'm still throwing up about a half hour after eating at least once a day. I have no signs of full until it's too late and I'm in pain then vomit eventually . I haven't had more then 2oz of anything and it doesn't happen all the time. I wish I could pinpoint what's causing it! Happens at least once a day on something I've previously eaten fine. Doc said just stay on liquids then.. But I'm stalled and really need some food I'm so tired and weak after almost a month of shakes

I used the app and it helped !!! Sadly I'm still throwing up about a half hour after eating at least once a day. I have no signs of full until it's too late and I'm in pain then vomit eventually . I haven't had more then 2oz of anything and it doesn't happen all the time. I wish I could pinpoint what's causing it! Happens at least once a day on something I've previously eaten fine. Doc said just stay on liquids then.. But I'm stalled and really need some food I'm so tired and weak after almost a month of shakes

Are you sure you aren't vomiting from reflux? I threw up twice before I realized it was severe reflux. I had never had heart burn or reflux before so I didn't understand what was going on. Now that I'm on meds for it I am having no trouble with vomiting and feel so much better.

I love the app. It is so helpful. Thanks for the suggestion!

I love the app. It is so helpful. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yay! You're welcome! Glad I could pass on some info:)

Are you sure you aren't vomiting from reflux? I threw up twice before I realized it was severe reflux. I had never had heart burn or reflux before so I didn't understand what was going on. Now that I'm on meds for it I am having no trouble with vomiting and feel so much better.

Not sure ? I take omeperazole daily and the pain that I get before I throw up is a sharp stabbing under my left breast. I tried to walk it off or juggle the food down. Try to burp or even tried drinking to see if it would push the "stuck" out of the way. Then i cough and throw up and I'm totally fine. I swore it was something getting stuck but it happened with a shake the other day!! Doc had me do a barium swallow X-ray and everything went down fine and looks good.. Who knows !!??

Going to try the app- thanks. I still want to eat like a truck driver- shovel it in. Then I get that stuck feeling in my throat and even nausea. I'll totally forget, then when I realize I'm full, have to sit and watch everyone else eat for a while. As far as weight loss- I dropped about 7 pounds last week while out of town. I stalled the week before. Now, I'm stalling again; think body really does have to catch up with itself. Is anyone else feeling crazy tired during the day? I hope that ends eventually. Is it the healing process or just lack of calories?

When I eat or even drink my Protein Shakes feel something in my throat. I found the best Protein shakes made by Shamrock Farms. I get 30 g of protein in 12 oz. How long should that take me to drink. 30 mins or 1 hour. This Wed will mark 3 weeks for me.

Edited by cwang2680

I was a big coffee drinker prior to sleeve(2/17). Now I can only drink tea because coffee tastes nasty now! My tastebuds are really out of whack! I even have a problem with certain smells.

I noticed that the taste of coffee is different for me now too, really weird cuz I too was a daily drinker. Oh well, I welcome the change I guess :-)

I use the eat slower app, and set it anywhere from a minute to 2 minutes depending on what I'm eating. If it's relatively soft and I don't have to chew it too much, I do a minute. If i have to chew it a lot, I start with a minute and a half and see how it feels, and sometimes I end up putting it to minute 45 or 2 minutes. Pretty much I just see how the first couple bites go, and adjust accordingly. <br><br> I love the eat slower app.

Thanks for sharing SJ, I'm def having trouble eating slower, I will check out this app!