Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

So I got on the scale yesterday for my official three weeks post op and it hasn't moved at all! Starting to wonder if my scale isn't accurate or what! Started back to work yesterday which has been great but I get tired so easily!! Got home yesterday and was exhausted!! I hope everyone is doing well! Have an appointment with surgeon on Thursday hopefully the scale moves by then!! I have noticed clothes getting bigger so that's a good sign! I am at 30 pounds since 2 week diet and 16 since surgery

30 days since my surgery. Total of 40lbs since preop diet. In a stall this week. I have to keep myself away from the scale or I am tempted to weigh myself daily which gets me frustrated. It's like it calls out my name. On soft foods now but find myself feeling empty or hungry I guess every couple of hours. Is this normal. While I can only eat a couple ounces at a time I feel like I am eating too many times throughout the day. Getting my fluids in daily has been my biggest challenge though. I have to remind myself to drink more frequently. I do have to say I am thankful for this thread, I don't post on all the comments but do enjoy hearing about everyone's progress or the insights people have to give, so thank you to you all you have made this journey for me so much easier.

30 days since my surgery. Total of 40lbs since preop diet. In a stall this week. I have to keep myself away from the scale or I am tempted to weigh myself daily which gets me frustrated. It's like it calls out my name. On soft foods now but find myself feeling empty or hungry I guess every couple of hours. Is this normal. While I can only eat a couple ounces at a time I feel like I am eating too many times throughout the day. Getting my fluids in daily has been my biggest challenge though. I have to remind myself to drink more frequently. I do have to say I am thankful for this thread, I don't post on all the comments but do enjoy hearing about everyone's progress or the insights people have to give, so thank you to you all you have made this journey for me so much easier.

Congratulations! It is not only normal to feel empty after two hours, it is one of the primary reasons for weight loss success after getting sleeved. Our bodies are not meant to eat two or three big meals daily. Our metabolism actually functions best when we eat several small meals throughout the day. Doing so prevents insulin spikes which is one of the main culprits that causes us to gain weight. 40 pounds in 30 days, you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Today was my first day on actual food! *happy dance* I don't care that its mushy lol. Breakfast was a 1/4 cup reduced fat cottage cheese, this was eaten over the course of an hour as I was very worried about a bad reaction. It settled great though :) lunch was 1 egg scrambled... and I couldn't finish it O_o the realisation that 2/3 of ONE egg could make me really full boggles my brain. So I was two for two! With boldness and excitement tonight I dished out a 1/2 serving (one tablespoon) of reduced fat Peanut Butter, and omg it tasted like heaven!

... and now I have a peanut-buttery lead in my stomach *snerk* apparently despite it being one of my approved foods for week 3 my tiny tummy disagrees. I guess peanut butter gets to wait another week or two.

My hardest thing so far today is with having to wait 20min before food and 30min after I have failed horribly at getting my 64 oz of h2o. I already have a timer going to make sure I take a sip at least every 5 min, if anyone has any tips/suggestions on how to better get my h2o they would be greatly appreciated.

I was surprised greatest when my nut said that during the soft food stage, to NOT wait 30 min before, during, or after eating because right now there's not enough time in the day to get the necessary fluids in, unless you stay up all night. Hah. That will change when I get to the next and final phase.

I went out to dinner tonight, and did just fine taking small sips while waiting for for and eating and after dinner. I also did amazing ordering dinner. Tilapia and veggies. Ate half the fish and half the veggies. Yum! It was nice to go out to dinner with my girlfriends again.

Hi! I had my surgery on february 19th. I am entering my 4th week tomorrow and Ive lost 19 pounds. I did not lose any weight preop because my doctor does not require the two weeks prior of diet; it was only a liquid diet for three days and i could have all the vanilla ice cream i wanted. I started at 283 and now i am at 262. Good luck everyone!

I just had some hot and sour Soup and it was heaven .. Only nibbled some of the tofu and a slice of mushroom but it was delish. My family was happy I am able to go to eat with them now . Can't wait to be on the soft foods stage and have more options , but happy to be on full liquids/puréed :)

FOOD!! Fat free refried Beans & a little cheese never tasted so good!!!

But my weight loss seems to be @ a stand still. Having a hard time with that.

Edited by cwang2680

FOOD!! Fat free refried Beans & a little cheese never tasted so good!!! But my weight loss seems to be @ a stand still. Having a hard time with that.

What week are you in?

FOOD!! Fat free refried Beans & a little cheese never tasted so good!!! But my weight loss seems to be @ a stand still. Having a hard time with that.

I just started having thicker foods and I'm having the 3 week stall ! Hope it passes quickly. I might try the beans this week mmmmm

FOOD!! Fat free refried Beans & a little cheese never tasted so good!!!

My Nut said I couldn't have that until week 4 (1/2 way through 3) but man I can't wait to have that same exact meal! ;) so close!

In the mean time I figured out a way to bump my Protein up, I took the unflavored 0% chobani Greek yogurt and mixed my vanilla Protein Powder in it with some benifiber and a little cinnamon, turned out pretty good and all mixed 1/4 cup had 20.5g protein.

I was able to start soft foods monday. The tuna salad I made and the tilapia I had while out to eat last night was amazing. So was the morningstar veggie burger I had today, and the lunch meat roll ups I'm having now. I was lucky if I was able to get half the amount of Protein in before, and yesterday I actually met it, and today I got to 50 grams.

I also spent $100 at the grocery store! But since I can barely eat anything, it'll all last me a while! Healthy eating is awesome, and I couldn't be happier that I did this. It's changed my whole outlook on food and how to eat. ♡

I was able to start soft foods monday. The tuna salad I made and the tilapia I had while out to eat last night was amazing. So was the morningstar veggie burger I had today, and the lunch meat roll ups I'm having now. I was lucky if I was able to get half the amount of Protein in before, and yesterday I actually met it, and today I got to 50 grams.

I also spent $100 at the grocery store! But since I can barely eat anything, it'll all last me a while! Healthy eating is awesome, and I couldn't be happier that I did this. It's changed my whole outlook on food and how to eat. ♡

Yay SJ! You're onto foods. That's when I really started feeling better!

Hey everyone I was sleeved sleeves 2/3. How is everyone doing m how much have you all lost?

What week are you in?

Today marked week 2 for me. I'm on soft foods for two weeks then I get to graduate. I've started to ground my own meats so I cut as much fat off as possible. But my weight loss is at a stall. My md told me yesterday to weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning but I think during times of a stall that might frustrate me more. Not complaining I'm down 24 lbs. not too shabby.